ITT: Movies that aged like women

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/112435635
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

movies don't age you pleb, they aren't alive

They get dated, retard

Titanic

you're the retard

Anyone who judges a film from 20 years ago by the standards of today is a fucking moron. Different time, different context, go in knowing that or don't bother watching it

Your Mom is getting dated by some BBC.

I still kinda like it.

Not enough movies just throw you into a setting and make you figure it out be paying attention. Settings are always over explained in movies now.

Yeah it aged nicely

Besson's best

Time is an illusion, assranger.

time is a measurement of causality, cockmangler

Causality is a myth. Read your Hume.

>implying it still isn't scifikino

Titanic was always bad

The idea that movies "age" is retarded. Movies that were good then are good now, movies that were shit then are shit now.

>Not enough movies just throw you into a setting and make you figure it out be paying attention. Settings are always over explained in movies now.
I agree but/and have nothing else to add to that right now.

Good flick, but would have been a lot better without the screaming dress-man

>thinks a philosopher's opinion proves anything
lel

get fucked idiot

Fifth Element is still good though. Even the effects have held up for the part. Besson's greatest work even if he had to steal Moebius' designs.

time is like a river with no banks.

You are not even slightly green

have to agree

he's a divisive character that I know has his fair share of fans, but he's insufferable. Someone told me he we grow on me in subsequent viewings, but I only hate him more each time I watch it

>that monkey intro

Lmao

problem is that this was never that good

always far too cheesy to be a classic

it was fun, the aliens were goofy, the set design and costuming was silly, ruby rod was retarded af, as was oldman's villian

but it was fun, it had action, it had willis and milla and good visual effects

and the memes

>ITT wrong opinions, the post

Why cant cheesy movies can't be classics?

>cheesy movies can't be classics
"no"

Jokes on you. It's already a beloved classic.

You can't seriously feel positive towards that character, can you? It's perhaps the most insufferable character I know of in any movie, not just because of his character but because his scenes and overall presence detracts so much from the films potential. Wish there'd be a Chris Tuckerless edit of the film.
The film would have been a solid without him but he drags the overall quality of it down immensely, just to make the film attract a certain audience.

Exactly.

Wow you are SO not green

Literally spacekino

This. Jar-Jar Binks was less annoying.

>you'll never bulk with leeloo

Pic unrelated.
Probably the best example you can give. The use of early digital was a mistake, there'll never be a reason to buy it on bluray/4k/other because it will always look bad.

Stanley Kubrick had a version planned with more true to life costumes but they would've had genitals and boobs showing so the film would've been rated X.

what a visionary

Also the film almost had this soundtrack:
vimeo.com/112435635
which sounds like generic 60s score that would've made it age a lot worse.

That scene was worthless, the movie would be better without it

You do realize the story would not be complete without the scene? Without it it would be harder to understand that the monoliths are an important part in our evolution from prey to dominant species.