So I'm in a bit of a shit situation. I'm a freelance guy and I've had a shit few months...

So I'm in a bit of a shit situation. I'm a freelance guy and I've had a shit few months, including someone refusing to pay me a rather large debt. It's left me broke, too broke to afford legal action.

This is not a beg thread, my main issue here is that I'm behind on my rent for my studio that I work out of. If I lose the studio, I cannot work, and my career I've been working on for almost ten years will go down the pan.

How can I stop them kicking me out of the studio for unpaid rent? Are there any good tricks or delay tactics?

Next step after getting kicked out of the studio is getting kicked out of my house for no rent. I've tried looking for part time work but no companies are willing to be at all flexible enough to allow me to continue doing what I'm doing.

Help me Sup Forums, I'm feeling pretty down about it.

Get a soul-crushing job and give up on your dreams like the rest of us, you hedonistic bohemian bastard

It's honestly one of the options that is looking more likely by the day, but I've invested so much time and effort into my job right now that I would never forgive myself for giving up.

It's a fucking shitter that someone can just decide not to pay and there's very little I can do about it without spending money on court fees.

well don't go on with your "self realization" if you're just gonna go and hand out your intellectual property without monetary compensation...
> ..bitch
* you CAN not go on. . so on, so forth

That's just how the industry I work in works. No-one gets paid upfront for the work that I did.

call his mother
(just plain right assuming it's a he)

> tell on him

I've told two of the companies that were involved in the work, attempting to ruin his relationship with them, but he nor them seem to care. It's more frustrating that the guy is an absolute cunt anyway.

ok learn to discern (..?) cunts from actual customers

did you have anything in writing? if so you can go to civil court and rep yourself for easy win

It's not like that. I collaborated with this guy on a project. They paid the money to him for him to forward onto me, instead of paying me directly (I know).

He is a cunt but we worked together, remotely, on the project, so it's unavoidable.

I do, but I don't have the money to go to court. It's £70 here, which isn't a lot but I am seriously broke right now.

Ask on reddit

damn thats just to file? in murica the costs are responsible to the losing party
any way u can get another freelance job quick like hustle ur ass off for one ?

Yeah up front. The loser pays fees but I don't have the up front cash. It's not a small debt (£1,500) so it's worth it but he's being an absolute cunt about it. Saying if I file that he'll pay it before the court date so I waste the court fee.

He was paid it 2 months ago, I only found out February 1st, I gave him 30 days to pay it, he still hasn't.

how much are you owed? ill give you £100 for 20%

It would be really difficult to find a job that would solve my problems right now, especially quickly. I'm fucked basically.

i would send him a letter saying (on this date) legal action will be taken unless a minimum payment of XYZ is paid. try to give him a payment plan or something like 500 per month. 1500 is a lot thats like 2200 USD

It would be really difficult to find a job that would solve my problems right now, especially quickly. I'm fucked basically.

I've tried that, he tells me to take him to court. Calling my bluff basically, saying he'll pay in 10 days but I'm already getting phone calls from the studio about rent. Not to mention he told me 30 days last time, 10 days will probably be bullshit too.

20% of what? I'm owed just over £1,500

what i would do is try to find someway to make the money and take his ass to court. then sue his ass bc he almost took your place to live. you could end up getting a lot out of this guy

I would win, no question. He agreed to the amount and he was sent it. He spent my money before sending it, he's fucked up big time. The problem is, I need the money yesterday, I'm so fucking broke and this is driving me insane.

> lurkcy numenzger

u dont know any debt collectors? if u were in murica i would help u out. they simply go and shove an ar-15 down their throat until the money appears. its super effective

There is nothing I would enjoy more. This guy is a world class prick, the worst guy I've ever dealt with.

we're not your personal army guy, but reddit might be.

I'm not asking anyone to be my personal army, I'm asking for advice. Totally different. If I had named the guy and told you to go do shit to him to make him pay then you'd have a point, but I'm not doing that.

You could sell the debt.

too bad you arent in murica. they usually take 30% of the debt collected but it is effective and works. if not you get the persons head

UK? Deliveroo. Bottom of the barrel (if your semi fit)

There are high court enforcement officers here but I still have to go through the court system and then pay them too. It's a pain in the arse.

I'm not fit lol and the pay is fucking awful

give us his contact info, he sounds like a shit person

I would but that would damage any case I have against him. I want to have my hands clean if I do decide to take legal action.

Pay is pay my dude, job is flexible as you asked. Can't be picky with bills to pay

Of course not, but the amount I would make wouldn't even touch the sides, as well as it affecting my ability to do what I'm doing now. It's a lot of work for not a lot of return.