/hoc/ General

No hockey tonight.

Finals start tomorrow night.

Predators!

Is there anything more cuckey in sports than having to give a trophy back after you win it?

Watching sports

your mom

Will the Penguins even celebrate after winning the Cup? Feels almost redundant at this point.

They stanley cup wouldnt be nearly as good if they made a replica every year, its the history that makes the cup great

Laughing SO FUCKING HARD at Ted from Akron

I guess we'll find out in 2045

When does the cup become too big?

Why wouldn't you celebrate winning back to back and cementing yourself as the next hockey dynasty after the red wings?

ya winning hundreds of thousands/millions of dollars in bonuses and having your entire year of hard work validated by being called the best, for the 2nd year in a row for the first time in like 20 years is pretty redundant.

fucking moron

GO PREDS
DESTROY CROSBY'S WHINING ASS

>Team missed playoffs
>Get to see Ted from Akron get BTFO
>Flames Shit their pants
>Oilers win series against old men
>Predators BTFO the Hawks
>Mild get exposed
>Snes go on a good run
>"It was 3-0!!!"
>That 7-1 assraping the game after
>Caps Shit the bed again
>Sens get raped 7-0 and force a game 7

Was this the most comfy playoffs?

plenty more memes in store for the SCF

I want a final like the 2003 one, or a sweep. It would be so satisfying to see another southern team win it, but also good to see the pens win again for their 50th anniversary.

There are already bands that have been removed are are in the HHoF.

It's been fun for sure. Lots of people getting eternally BTFO which has led to a dead /hoc/ but I'll take it. Will be funny in a month or 2 when they crawl out if their holes.

So who's starting for the finals? I feel like murray in the net will possibly lead to game 6 pittsburgh.

Fleury in the net, definite game 7 or preds in 6.

Unless Murray gets injured, Fleury has already played his last game as a Penguin.

Sullivan has made it pretty clear Murray is /hisguy/. I will miss Flower and buy his sweater wherever he ends up.

Murray. They aren't risking a fleury bomb. Can't wait for him to ascend into a state like roy, then get traded to Vegas or Arizona

dumbass

MURRAY
MURRAY
MURRAY

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT
IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT

I still post regularly and >my team got blown out. Now like anyone on Sup Forums would do I just shitpost. Skoda cup was a good time since I wasn't working during most of it.

I'm still suprised how the jackets just got exposed. I thought they could win some more playoff games, but they were out of fuel, and bobrovsky couldn't do it all.

Same for the flames. They looked good, but they are young

Pongs have zero reason to take Murray out.

Well to be fair they won 2 playoff games in a series which is Like a franchise record so they did have a successful season

there's no way he turns into roy, roy was always a nutcase his whole career.

Although I'm sure most players wish they had a career even a fraction as successful like Roy's, ending up like roy would be doing pretty fuckin good

In an effort to save face after drunk shittsburghians throw bananas on the ice the penguins are given special permission but the NHL and NHLPA to start Malcolm Subban in game 3.

Of course he plays like a colander but there are several dozen blog posts about how brave he played.

They won 1 playoff game. Half as much as their last playoffs

how are you surprised? They over achieved the whole year and had unsustainably great goaltending while getting totally unsustainable amounts of good bounces.

You can't have good puck luck forever

It was one playoff game, and it was an elimination game as well. They deserve props, but not really. They need to win a series lol

He does seem like a possible nutcase in the making, but I don't think so. He's too calm, collective, and doesn't hot dog the puck

Can someone explain to me how the expansion lottery is going to work? Every team puts up some players and Vegas gets to choose them or draw them?

I was surprised because they did have some genuinely good players, but the lack of star power and a good coach just hurt them. Plus that end of the season was brutal to them

I forget who said it, but someone pointed out that as soon as Murray was healthy enough to play, it would get into Fleury's head that all it would take is a couple bad goals and he'd lose his job for the rest of the playoffs. Sure enough. Fleury might still be the more talented goalie, but he just never can get rid of his mental issues.

tbf it was the pongs and it shouldve been 4-2 at the least ,game 3&5 they got super ref pucked

Every team can protect x Amount of players (not sure the specifics)

Then vegas chooses 1 player not protected from each of the 30 teams

Vegas also gets first crack at Free agents.

Basically, if the islanders do not protect someone like Anders lee or Brock Nelson or kulemin, Vegas can take them?

Don't think it was mental. That game 3 was the worst the pens looked all playoffs. Plus the snes got as many lucky puck bounces that 1st period as they got all series.

Try doing an ounce of research. I imagine there are plenty of articles written so retards like you can understand. /hoc/ is just going to give you meme or false answers.

That being said a lot of teams are going to expose players with shitty contracts since Vegas has to pay their salary plus the same amount to the former team of any players they select.

Is fleury really the best goalie available though? Everyone acts like its a sure thing he's going to Vegas. I mean the chances of him staying on the pens is slim to none but I dont know if Vegas will take him

The worst game was game 6 in the semis. They just played with nothing, but they did return in game 7

Exactly. They could choose 1 of them that they wanted.

I don't remember how all the goals went in but I remember the fourth one (which got Fleury pulled) was very weak and stoppable

Grubauer and smith are options, along with niemi, saros, and halak.

The penguins left him out to dry that game desu. Also for whatever reason the penguins just play better in front of Murray. I guess his eliteness fills them with confidence

Very informative post

Noone thinks theyd choose fleury. They think Fleury + another prospect/pick will be what they need to give Vegas to not choose Murray

I myself think theyll choose Grubauer or Korpisalo

THAT'S ONE! THANK YOU MURRAY! MAY WE HAVE ANOTHER! HE SHOOTS! HE SCORES! YOU SUCK!

MURRAY
MURRAY
MURRAY

YOU SUCK

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT
IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT
IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT

Pens would have to trade or buyout Fleury or else they're forced to protect him. Don't think it will be with Vegas desu

>anders lee
>took dumb penalties that cost the US the game against funland
>born and raised in Edina
>went to Notre Dame
I hope he an heroes after being selected by the knights so he never enters this state again.

What if Vegas just decides to cuck Pittsburgh and take Murray no matter the offer?

>Vegas taking Murray

Fuck now I know why people are scared of this shit

he really is the best goalie available

That isn't too bad for them. Grubauer and korpisalo looked solid as backups, but will they stand as a starter? Also, who will be their star forward and defenseman? Druin? Dumba? Martinez? Edler?

well they do make a replica every year

Its not a legitimate fear. If they cant find a trade for Fleury they can always buy him out, but thats a waste of cap space.

>poortugal

Why am I even still in this country

An entire nation of impoverished retarded orange pickers and all the actual oranges for sale are somehow shit

Also >rags

It's all those team names with american cities etched on there by canadians we bought as slaves throughout the years

Truly historic

They can also protect both goalers

Pens will buyout Fleury's contract just to protect Murray if it comes down to it. Obviously that's worst case scenario for them and I think they'll be able to move Fleury for something even if it's a late round pick or fringe prospect.

Then the golden knights win their first cup in their first year, just like the W.

user, he's the islanders second best player. He's great offensively yet does have some issues with penalties. He's still young

Grubauer will be a good starter in a few years

Trying to figure out the forwards and dmen will cause aneurysms

shouldn't you be picking those oranges :^)

>rags

No they cant. Every team needs to have atleast 1 goalie exposed. Jarry hasnt played enough years to be eligible.

>tfw Dumba gets selected by Vegas and has a similar career to Burns.

At least the mild have the best manlet D in the league.

Why doesn't Pekka look like a mong like the rest of funland?

This. He looks so good for them anyway on the caps, but that's my concern. He's like Talbot, where he's good on a team with great defense, but do we know if he will continue said play in a different place.

*Avalanche

I'm already sick of you retards talking about the expansion draft and being wrong about most of it. fuck off

Ahh right. So they were dumb enough to not some some AHL plug. But at the same time who knows how much discussion behind the scenes has gone on about the expansion draft.

Let's be honest. Rinne is the ONLY reason the Preds are in the final.

Oh please behind the scenes NHL man tell us how the lottery works

>hurr google it

The response of somebody that actually doesn't know how it works

Preds are literally going to protect 4 D and still lose one (Irwin)

>Only reason

The defense played well, the offense showed up, and laviolette has made some good moves. Rinne has saved them, but not the only reason

He's definitely the main reason. I mean letting in less than 2 goals a game usually means you win

Unfortunately for him and Nashville the penguins own him

Even if Jarry played all 82 games he cant be picked. It comes down to how long youve been on a pro contract.

Had the expansion happened last year, Murray would be ineligible too, but sincr Murray played games in 2 years in AHL, and this year, hes eligible.

How can you win a game if you don't score any goals? Edmonton did it but it would be hard to do it in a 7 game series. I may be wrong but I think the perds would need more than just a goaler to win 12 games.

The islanders owned bishop during the regular season, yet fell apart against Tampa past game one. Regular season is a different beast then the finals. Maybe rinne has their number, or he falls under

Is Hikari the new mascot of the Preds now?

>rags

But seriously, look at these "sidewalks" -- they're literally just a bunch of rocks stuck in the dirt. They don't cement around them, they're about as level as a bombed-out city, and they're the same everywhere, from little villages to the national capital. Pedestrians walk on the road because it's safer.

No wonder they think the rags are a real hockey team

This desu

There's no hole to crawl out of from if you're never gone.

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN!?!?!

I'm talking career games, not just one season

>Rinne career stats against the pongs
>8 GP
>1 W
>5 L
>SV% .880
>GA 3.57

But you're right rinne just needs one last memey streak

Planning to incite any riots while you are there?
Scouting the latest bust Benning assures you is a great player?
Does begging people to watch their league hit close to home?

He probably wants to forget that Shit happened, and puts it behind him. That's how the playoffs/finals work.

They pretty much all look like that. It's like the national good looks cap out at about a 4/10

Can't wait to get back to Spain, this entire country is an embarrassment. When your cultural high point is a Muslim occupation, you know shit's embarrassing

Wrong.

Teams can only protect 1 goalie, and any goalie with a NMC must be protected

Protecting the 4 Karlssons?

good luck brave soul! and be careful walking around with orange like that, someone might try to take them from you

>implying poortuguese have anything to riot about
>neither victory or defeat
>just a chunk of the Third World grafted onto Europe by mistake, drowning in endless mediocrity and poverty fueled by their own laziness and incompetence
>as they always have been and always will be
>except when a foreigner shows up once a millennium and brutalizes them into briefly acting like humans

You can see why the rags are their natural team

People like you are part of why Sup Forums is the best board

At least the hooch is cheap and the country is so irrelevant nobody ever wants to bomb it

Can't wait to be back watching trucks in Nice

rags
>poortugal

goodnight my joao
>rags

Yes

*blocks your shot*

Thats a nice game plan you got there.... It'd be a shame if someone ruined it