2. US, Sweden, Denmark, South Korea, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong
3. Germany, Iran, Mexico, Brazil, Turkey,
4. Canada, Spain, Poland, Argentina, UK
5. Greece, Thailand, Senegal, Estonia, Finland, South Africa,
6. Everyone else
7. India

>UK
>No. 4

Sorry, I had a brainfart and forgot about some modern British directors (only remembered how few classics are British), bump them up to 2.

Move Uganda to 1 or 2 and it's good

>tfw no Kazakh gf

>1.japan

into the trash it goes

Go into the trash yourself

> Le Kurosawa, Kobayashi, Ozu, Shindo, Teshigahara, Naruse, Wakamatsu, Mizoguchi Suzuki, Misumi, Oshima, Masumura, Imamura, Shinoda, Yoshida, Matsumoto, Obayashi, Nakagawa, Fukasaku, Koreeda and Nakshima are all bad lol

Germany 3? Even with fassbinder herzog lang and wim wenders?

And Murnau as well

Maybe it's a bit cruel, but Germany was pretty shit from late '30s to early '70s, which is a pretty big period to have absolutely nothing. I guess China had absolutely nothing from before '90s and are ranked higher, but then again I didn't say I actually put thought into this!

Just consider it being punishment for starting two world wars I guess.

Sweden's only good director is Bergman. Move it to 3 or 4.

>Go into the trash yourself
This.

gross

gtfo weeb

Victor Sjöström, Mauritz Stiller, Bo Widerberg, Roy Andersson, Tomas Alfredsson and Lukas Moodysson are pretty good

Though maybe I'm biased.

Really nigga

Sweden's film scene is atrocious.

90% copy paste crime drama, 5% bad comedies that would have felt stale even in the 80s, 5% Oscar bait that is so Oscar bait even the Oscars don't want anything to do with it.

Right now it is abysmal, sure. But the fact atleast some Swedish films and directors are known internationally means it's far beyond countries like Norway, Belgium, the Netherlands or Portugal, plus Sweden's got a pretty excellent history.

I suppose. I haven't seen a Swedish film that felt a bit fresh since like 2004.

Sport of feels like there's no real identity left.

>Canada
>4
>not 6
I'm Canadian and every movie produced in Canada(not including Canadian directors and actors working in America) is shit.

> (not including Canadian directors and actors working in America)

But I am counting Canadian directors, no matter where they work, otherwise America would get a huge boon from Hollywood giving good difrector huge amounts of cash for filming there.

Why are there no Dutch cinema auteurs? I love Verhoeven but he's been making films since the 60s and they're not super artsy. Jan de Bont was Verhoeven's DP and the films he directed were only a handful of Hollywood action films. George Sluizer made one relevant movie decades ago. Joris Ivens was in the silent age and he was never on the level of the Russians he collaborated with.

The Netherlands has only slightly less inhabitants than all of Scandinavia, but its cinema output is among the worst in the world.

>Germany #3
>France #1
Kill yourself mcPleb. I do agree that Russia makes great kino, even if all of their greatest films are propaganda.

As it should be. I don't consider people who spend 99% of their time in America to be Canadian, they only claim to be Canadian because they think it gives them some moral high ground because of the "Americans are dumb" meme.

You don't know what weeb means.

I haven't seen many Swedish movies, but Executive Protection and Third Wave were pretty cool.

This map's projection is completely fucking wrong

Greenland is xbox hueg while Africa is tiny midget when it should be the other way round

Dude, France fucking invented cinema and has outperformed germany in pretty much every decade save for '20s, '70s and '80s, and they absolutely dominated them in the '50s and '60s. Sorry, but France is definitely a stronger nation when it comes to cinema.

Yeah I know, but i couldn't be arsed to google search less awful projections, plus every projection (side for a globe) is going to be wrong since you can't properly project a sphere's surface on a 2D area.

>plus every projection (side for a globe) is going to be wrong since you can't properly project a sphere's surface on a 2D area.
I beg to differ m80

Yeah, Greenland is flat like a pancake at the top.

This gets size right, but the shape everywhere is just fucked, whereas the reverse is true with the mercator, and it's impossible to do both unless you do the map from a crazy angle with a lot of gaps inbetween.

what percentage of people live in the 1st world? shit's like 20% of the world area tops.