Where do I start with Siouxsie?

Where do I start with Siouxsie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FK7zMXQNXiQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

She has multiple pretty good singles compilations, then listen to albums with songs you liked the most

If you want post-punk/gothic rock, their live album Nocturne

If you want ethereal dreamy-ness, A Kiss in the Dreamhouse

Tinderbox is a solid album for fans and newcomers alike.

Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju Juju

The Scream [Polydor, 1978]

Hippies were rainbow extremists; punks are romantics of black-and-white. Hippies forced warmth; punks cultivate cool. Hippies kidded themselves about free love; punks pretend that s&m is our condition. As symbols of protest, swastikas are no less fatuous than flowers. So it's not surprising that Siouxsie Sioux, punks' exemplary fan-turned-artist, should prove every bit as pretentious as model-turned-rocker Grace Slick or film-student manqué Jim Morrison. Nor is it surprising that while the spirit is still upon her she should come up with a tunefully atonal, modestly sensationalistic album. B+

Once Upon a Time/The Singles [PVC, 1981]

Like Jim Morrison, greatest of the pop posers, Siouxsie Pseud disguises the banality of her exoticism with psychedelic gimmicks most profitably consumed at their hookiest, and voila. Although two of the four unavailable-on-album 45s on this compilation go nowhere, most of these nightmare vignettes are diverting placebos, of a piece even though they span three years of putative artistic development. B+

Twice Upon a Time--The Singles [Geffen, 1992] *bomb*

Subjects for Further Research [1980s]: She has her cult--an army of black-clad college students eagerly waiting for the world to end. But though many Johnny Rotten fans proved smarter than Johnny Rotten, Siouxsie Pseud wasn't one of them. Since like Jim Morrison she disguises the banality of her exoticism with psychedelic gimmicks best consumed at their hookiest, the nightmare vignettes on her 1981 best-of were of a piece even though they spanned three years of putative artistic development. After that I kept waiting for Siouxsie to end. But she left a lot of product in her wake, and for all I know it conceals another best-of.

Love her and the Cure, but man, are they ever dated. Their entire sound and image are from another time altogether.

Look in the bin

>tells you nothing useful about the albums
>shits on them yet still gives them a B+ anyway
Why did anyone take this guy seriously for so long?

Industry plant and Sex Pistols orbiter.

wow so clever so witty, and here you are every thread thinking people haven't read it already

>Siouxse Pseud
Good one, Bobby.

What a fucking hack. Why does he think his opinion matters?

I agree. Its fun to travel back in tho occasionally.

You start with her feet, and work your way up.

Okay, sorry for being lewd. I think Peepshow is a good starting album because it represents a bit of a crossover in style and showcases a lot of what she had done with the band throughout the '80s up to that point. It's more accessible than most of the early '80s stuff too.

I've never really found her attractive.

I get that. Not trying to be mean because I love Siouxsie, but she has like cavelady features, do you know what I mean?

I recently learned that you promise her name like Suzy. I had been saying see-ux- see for almost 10 years

You dont, the're shit

This and Juju are the best.

dude

Her Peel Sessions are essential.

Just toss it out

Link?

Do you like Post-Punk? Go for Kaleidoscope.

Do you like Dreamy Pop? A Kiss in the Dreamhouse, Tinderbox, Through the Looking Glass or Peep Show would be more your speed.

This.

The two singles comps "once upon a time" and "twice upon a time" are a good starting point in figuring out which era Siouxsie you are into the most

Agreed, ALL critics are shit!!! Never read a review that ever swayed me in either direction. I'll judge for myself. Eddie Trunk is a total knob!!

>make an album with Robert Smith
>it only has two good songs
>one is a cover
How did they fuck up this badly?

Juju (peak Siouxsie goth)
Kaleidoscope
The Scream (first album, more punk rock)
Join Hands (second album, classic)
Peep Show (last good album/crossover potential but not shit/underrated)
Tinderbox
Hyaena (has Robert Smith)
Kiss in the Dreamhouse
Through the Looking Glass (covers album)
Rapture (last album)
Superstition (most mainstream record,

youtube.com/watch?v=FK7zMXQNXiQ

deluxe edition of The Scream has both Peel Sessions.

Metal Postcard is a standout

check out The Creatures if you haven't. It's Siouxsie & Budgie with a few guests more experimental than Banshees stuff

The Glove is better

I have the vinyl of those sessions

more accessible

>A Kiss In The Dreamhouse
>that low
Fuck off.

other than Cascade and Slowdive it's kinda meh
Painted Bird and Circle are ok
I like the "suicide" part in Melt!

is there something he does like? Everything i see from him is just him shitting on albums. Honestly want to know what he spergs out about.

that's why it's funnyy