Hey Sup Forums so I tried my hand at growing some magic mushrooms...

Hey Sup Forums so I tried my hand at growing some magic mushrooms. Things kinda went to shit at the pressure cooker stage and I'm looking for advice on how I messed up.

I used the Brown Rice Flour method.
My jars are half pint sized and I used polyfil for the air filter, and silicon for the injection port. Above is pre pressure cooked.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qhDDB1-ewt4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is as they were going in. The pressure cooker I'm using is the cheapest one on Amazon. 6qt and its 15 psi. Fits about 6 jars if I alternate them a little bit.

And after 90 minutes this is what I open it to. The vermiculite has escaped through the air hole in every single jar. The silicon held however. Where did I go wrong Sup Forumsros? The only thing I could think is maybe that I I released pressure too quickly. I released a large amount of pressure before I decided to cool the pot. Would this cause such a thing to happen? Thanks for any advice.

Heres a closeup of the jars themselves. Silicon sealer for a self healing injection port. Polyfill on the right in a 5/8 hole

Here are the spore I'm planning to innoculate. Golden teacher and menace.

Ah come on you faggots. Stop beating it to the 20 thousand trap threads above mine and help pls.

I dont really know what happened but how much have you put in to this so far? im really interested in trying this. Also, can't you just boil the jars?

A different chan or website will probably be of more assistance

Nothing but a bunch of jr high kids here anymore...

list your ingredients. cause that looks fucked up.

and if youre injecting spores, through those lids, youre gonna have a bad time

Check out youtube with some of the stuff I've said. You can buy the spores online legally too. All in id say maybe 25 for pressure cooker, 5 for vermiculite, 3 for brown rice flower, and 15ish for the spores. So pretty reasonable.
nd yeah I was hoping that someone here might be able to help because responses are generally quicker here.

The 420 chins has a drug section

Dude. Just walk through Any pasture. Cow patties man.

Well you're going to have to start over with new substrate, obviously, cakes are contaminated.

Steaming it over water for like 1.5 hrs works like a charm, didn't use a pressure cooker, but I would guess it was a combination of cooking too long releasing pressure too quickly/not letting it cool completely which caused the weird reaction. You're gonna want to let them come completely down to room temp (usually overnight) before opening them up.

Also, you're gonna need some more holes in there. Punch about 4 1/8in size holes in the the tops of the cans and keep tin foil over them until substrate is colonized.

You need medical tape over holes in the center lid to offgas and maintain sterility when you inject spores, leave a gap between the lid and top of verm brf mix, and ffs let the pressure cooker cool completely before openning. Just cut the heat and walk away

lol, do you know what to look for?

what are the 3 characteristics for the id of a psilocybin mushroom?

>releasing pressure too quickly/not letting it cool completely which caused the weird reaction

that makes sense

You’ll know em when you see em. They have a circle on em.

I'm just here for learning purposes

what the fuck are you talking about?

i live around a shit ton of cow pastures and from time to time ask farmers for milk and scrape off spore prints into the feeding troughs.

then i walk those pastures collecting.

not all cubes have rings on them.

Same, very curious about this now

+1 for op.sounds tricky.

Depends on the shroom. Find what's local to your area then go find em ya fuck. Also if you're unsure then a spore print always helps

What ratio of water, verm, brown rice flour did you use?

How much did you place in each jar?

And did you put a buffer of just verm on top?

also did you tighten the jars or leave them slightl loose.

lol. read up sonny.

1. bruises blue
2. dark purple / brown spore print
3. has a separable gelatinous membrane

if it doesnt match all 3 its not a psilocybe

you need like 35-40 psi

the auto release valve blows at 22.

try again

Thanks for the info daddy.

Now im curious wtf is the pressure for exactly?

get a fucking better one

bumping cause I will respond after I see what the fuck you did. Gimme 5 minutes.

killing off bacteria.

is this a pic of you?

cause youre telling op to make an explosive

this pic. is this you?

Ok, I am back, read all responses. Will respond to any questions anyone has from this point on.

As far as the pressure cooker, I immediately see that your jars have too much substrate. You need to fill them maybe half the jar.

You should also consider using grain. SOOO much easier.

Another thing is you might not have big enough holes where your filter is. You may want to increase the size to about a quarter size hole.

Also, what PSI are you cooking them at and for how long? I would recommend, 15 PSI for 90 minutes.

1/4 inch you mean

No, like the size of a U.S. quarter (currency). Use rye berries man, they are way easier.

Sterilizing. Otherwise you get a bunch of shit that grows faster than the shrooms, and you either end up with a nice bacterial colony like your mom's snatch, or worse some shrooms that are infested with molds (also like your mom's snatch.)

OP fucked up in several ways, the biggest one being he popped the pressure cooker instead of letting it cool down slow.
It takes a while to figure out the right proportions of the colony jars, just gotta experiment around a bit. Try different ratios until you figure out what works best.

Growing fungus is in many ways similar to making beer; easy to read a recipie and fuck it all up, not too tough with some practice, and fucking tricky to do it really well.

Maybe to much water or pressure? I've done alot of research planning on trying myself too user also wipe off the rims of your jar b4 sealing and pressure cooking them.

I agree with this dude. I let my pressure cooker cool until the next morning before opening. Never had this issue.

oh you mean doing just a single polyfill hole. gotcha

but since op's doing pf, he should be doing the 4 hole lids with a 1/2 inch dry verm layer

Ya,you're right. I always use rye berries. Its super easy to do and I've never had an issue like this.

And like the other guy said, more than half or maybe 2/3s full (depending on size of jar) is too much substrate.

Try another batch, fill each jar different amounts, starting at maybe 1/4 full and working your way up.

KEEP NOTES on everything you do, and the results. Eventually you'll get it figured out.

I tried growing magic mushrooms once, too, but they all turned out as paladin mushrooms and cleric mushrooms.

That happens if you have a dwarf trannie too close, their natural resist fucks up the process.

the fucker must have released pressure, cause when you do its trying to equalize with the outside pressure. so the outside is like a vacuum and itll pull on whatevers inside.

also, whole oats master race

The one time I had a dwarf helping me I just wound up with plain old fighter mushrooms.

I've never done whole oats lol. And I never really fuck with my pressure cooker until its fucking cold. I'm not gonna blow my face off. Fuck that noise. Do you use Quaker Oats or do you go to a feed shop?

they have to have the bran still on it. the local farmer co-op had 40 lb bags for $8

itll last me for years.

just watch for those fuckin weevils. fuck those fucking fucks

I don't really have the storage. I get 16 ounces for like 2 bucks online. So I buy like 3 of those and that lasts me for quite a while. Never seen an oat grow lol. Cheers.

shroomery org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=24126032&page=0&vc=1#24126032

you forgot the part where you kill yourself for being a failure ....got enough grateful dead stickers on your bong nerd?

youtu.be/qhDDB1-ewt4

Go to a website called shroomery, they will take good care of you

there are literally hundreds of psilos with different profiles across the globe

Not this user, but the most important thing it take the head off of one from each section and leave overnight on white bit of paper. Best means of identification. blue/Purple dust = good. Brown/black dust means avoid

of the genus psilocybe, those 3 characteristics are needed for id

im not talking about panaeolus' im only refering to psilocybe

next time, shut the fuck up if you dont know what youre talking about

Sterilize for only 15-17 mins

After abou 7 fails you will get the gang of it