Endurance-Core

The update is finished. Not all are equal difficulty, but there is a nice variety of harsh, long, or abstract.

>intentionally listening to terrible music
Is this the path to true patricianhood?

rolll

rolling

henry rollins

where the fuck do i find this
godflesh - mind the gap volume 8

soulseek probably

beeep

It makes you appreciate good music more

rerolling

godspeed, user. that might be the scariest album on this chart.

fuck this

hey what about "Jinse - Fakecentipede""
? isn't that the ultimate down the rabbit hole album?

Roll

ROLLING

rollin but im not listening the fractal sounds shit

rollan

roll

D

Roll

there's like a hundred of these but noone has vol 8
i feel like i'm going through way too much effort for really shit music

Rawl

quit whining pussy, dig deep

rolling boyos

You're real lucky that post wasn't your roll mate

anyone listen to what they rolled? curious as to what they thought.

why am i rolling

Got gospels of the gash. If this thread is still up later i'll ya what i think

>Total length: 147:58
>Genre: Power Electronics
just fuck me up mate

Hanatarashi is some pretty great, like hearing boredoms through a wall of noise filter,the mythology surrounding their live shows and their status as predecessors seems to get more traction than their actual muisc

it's actually one of the best pe albums imo, just long-winded

roll3

i dont think i realized how short cathode terror was when i put it on here. oh well, let it be one of the easy ones.

there's some great music on this chart

rolling

>33 mins

I lucked out

hit me with them quads baby

I'm about an hour and 15 min into it. It isn't too bad so far, I'm not usually a fan of PE but this is pretty solid. Doubt it needs to be 2 1/2 hours though.

Roll but I'm not listening to the whole chart unless I get quints

>Wuyuan
>All Dread
>Litanies
>Homotopy
>Delirium Cordia
>fucking Khanate

Why would you put good and genuinely enjoyable albums on the list though?

rolling

because they are unenjoyable to the average person on mu. it's not supposed to be a list of shitty albums. some of the noise stuff on here i just threw on to replace the free jazz and experimental rock. i like the majority of stuff on here.

rollins

Yeah I'll roll

Wuyuan, Cardiac Strain, Transformalin and Delirium Cordia were damn near memed on Sup Forums a few years ago. This board's really gone downhill if the average poster can't still get down with those albums.

Didn't this chart used to have Elseq 1-5 on it? It's the perfect album for this chart. Long and sometimes droney, but ultimately a great album.

i felt that it was ultimately too accessible and a couple of other people said to take it off
i know what you mean. i feel like for the type of people who do listen to noise and avant-garde music frequently, there are only maybe 10 albums here that are that challenging

Good update, but I'd still go further.
The Conet Project and Jonestown tapes arent music and shouldn't be on there. Especially Jonestown tapes, they were never intended for release.
7 Minutes of Nausea absolutely needs to be on there.

>Snuff - untitled
Why does this album get so much praise? I'm genuinely nely curious, I found it one of the most bland noise releases ever. What do people here think about it?

The harsh noise, Fractal Sounds, Buyer's Market, those technically aren't "music" either. But that's kind of the point.

Fuck I was going to put 7 Minutes of Nausea on here but I forgot. I threw Untitled on based on the review for it on rym and I thought it was creepy enough to be on here. Power Electronics is Power Electronics at the end of the day; it's hard to say what's more abrasive.

Harsh noise and Buyer's Market is definitely mrant to be listened to as music though. Jonestown tapes are just evidence.

As for Snuff, I think it should either go or replace GR, because they're mostly the same. Snuff is more abrasive, but also less interesting. To most people it will sound almost identical though...

listened to Dogs Blood Rising last night and it was pretty good actually, got me more interested in industrial. rolling again tonight

Go easy on me please

If you give me specifics I can make a further update in a few days. The thing is that it's hard to come up with variety when there are 100 albums on here. I feel like there is going to have to be some overlap between genres/styles.

>spoken word
yeah fuck that re roll

rolln

rolling

It's not really about the genre, it's the fact the two albums are almost identical, a concept album about killing prostitutes that have the same theme and sound. I mean, its a nitpick.
I'd replace No input with 7MON (No input is mostly just relaxing really), and the lolicore with Blind Date, if you're insisting on Jonestown tapes. Or if you want some easier listening Making Orange Things is a good mix between abrasive and the usual, IMO
Another very strong candidate would be Maja Ratkje - Voice, any throat singing album and maybe even The Worst of Monte Cazzaza. Maja should definitely be considered though.

>metal machine music
fml

rollerino

youre misreading it i think you landed on buckethead
have fun

well fuck my ass, looks like i'm doing merzbox, lads

Shoko Asahara made music?

You're doing the whole row buddy

roll

Also look at Isolrubin BK, possibly replacing either one of the Merzbow albums of Lustmord - it's a Brian Williams project as well and IMO more challenging than his solo work.

I have blind date. I considered Making Orange Things but chose Connected to The Parasitic System in that place. I'll
look into the stuff you mentioned.

oh i know that, but merzbox is the longest one there

Nice. Good job, by the way, the chart looks really fun.

571:50 minutes

FUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKK

Thanks, it's at least better than the previous version.

rolling

>The Gerogerigegege - Instruments Disorder
kek I've only listened to a few albums from this chart and I got the one that's literally one of my favorite albums overall
rerolling for something new, somebody else should listen to Instruments Disorder because it's legitimately great. they brought on an actually skilled drummer for that album

rawl

now i gotta listen to some castrato greaaaaaat

My turn

rollins

roll

roll

>Klaus Schulze - Contemporary Works II
I don't have any weed desu

3 hours later and I'm finally fucking finished with Gospels. Nice job on the chart by the way - it's a fun idea and it's a good way to discover some great music as well. My favorite off the album was "Pantyhose and Lighter Fluid At the Foot of a Shallow Grave"

glad to hear it

this could be fun

hella

roll

Rolling.

roll

roll senpai

Question, do I have to listen to all 5 discs of the Conet Project? because that's 176 tracks long and I'm wondering if I have to sit through all that. I'm willing to listen through it though

all 5, kiddo

rolli olli

welp, I had nothing to do this weekend anyway. :^)

rollan

>almost 4 hours long
Jesus fucking christ.

kesto is a pretty good album though, a lot of it sounds like aphex twin and throbbing gristle

Yeah so far it isn't actually bad, just really loud at points.

>no Asshole / Snail Dilemma
dropped

I unironically like that album and don't think it's hard to listen to at all.

Also ty op for the effort of putting this together.

I like this

roll

rolling for metal machine music

Fucking hell, it's like you want me to lose my hearing.