Stopped watching this after S3

Stopped watching this after S3

After 7 seasons, has the plot advanced in any way towards them finding out how the disease started, how to cure it, and finding out about the state of the country and the wider world after the epidemic, or are they still wandering the Georgia countryside having boring soap opera drama and killing petty bands of survivors episode after episode after episode?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Y2HvxJBeysg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I am actually curious too as somebody who has never watched the show

>finding out how the disease started, how to cure it
Kirkman has said they will never even get into that in the comics.
>finding out about the state of the country and the wider world after the epidemic
That's what Fear the Walking Dead was supposed to cover, but they dropped that to focus on becoming Mexican Walking Dead pretty early on.
They've settled into a pretty solid rut of "spend a season building up a community only for it to get fucked over halfway through the next season and start from scratch again".

it seems like a lot of people stopped watching around season 3 (myself included i stopped right after the governor killed his own people). BTW the answer to ur question is no.

too many characters and way too predictable.
also the "everyone is infected" makes zero sense.

it is best to just watch based episodes like the prison siege or carol destroying terminus with the force.

>Season 4: prison stuff
>Season 5: the gang hikes for a really long time
>season 6: the gang finds a town
>season 7: the gang done fucked up

They left Georgia and now are near D.C. But they haven't gone there, and they will likely never cover the things you're asking about in the first part of your question. It's pretty much been:
>boring soap opera drama and killing petty bands of survivors episode after episode after episode

>also the "everyone is infected" makes zero sense.
Found the pleb

>also the "everyone is infected" makes zero sense.
What makes you say that? Whatever caused the zombie outbreak simply spread to everyone on the planet. If you die by any means, you become one.

>plot

What plot? There has never been a plot. There is no end game, it's literally a show about "surviving"

Sup Forums is going to love Rick's "my wife's kid" scene towards the end of next episode.

explain?

The plot emerges from whatever circumstances they encounter you fucking idiot.

Rick talks to Michonne about his daughter and admits that he knew all the time that she isn't his. He still loves her though.

s3 is tolerable, but it's where it started getting retarded with muh govna. The story stopped being about the zombies and instead focused on this shit.

I couldn't even stomach the first 10 mins for s4, everything about it was so cringy, seasons 1 and 2 are excellent though.

They will never find a cure or solve anything

They're a random group of survivors and it's following their story together, there are countless others who are going through their experiences, it's about the living characters, not the zombies.

I don't think they read the comics t bh, it's not a good show and it can't be. They acknowledge at least once that the zombies aren't really a threat, it's going more game of thrones at this point and the writer has said it will never explain what's really going on. It's a cool world but it makes a shitty show if it doesn't have an end

how do you know this?

He's a comic fag

So was the 1st episode in s7 also true to the comic? Cause I read here what was gonna happen, didn't believe it, then it happened and i was blown away.. Totally forgot about the comics.

You mean where Glenn dies? yeah that the big guy is supposed to die later though I think but he's not really important to the story so it doesn't matter. Show creators say they want to start matching up with the comics more which is kinda dumb imo

youtu.be/Y2HvxJBeysg

It's stuck in my head so bad I can't fucking sleep! HELP!! I'm really going to fucking kill myself if it doesn't stop!

I've caught myself humming it at work 8 times today!

Nah, when he takes Rick into the van and taunts him to attack him. And how he gets Rick out the van into a ton of walkers.

None of that happens

>everyone is infected makes zero sense

See: Typhoid Mary.
She was a carrier of Typhoid Fever. Immune to its effects, but was able to spread it to everyone.

The everyone is infected thing isn't even supposed to be confirmed, they're all just guessing and don't know if it's a virus or a bacteria or what but them the show pulled that cdc bs

>has the plot advanced in any way towards them finding out how the disease started
lol no and it never will

there are leaks you retard

first half of s4 is the best the show can get. With the governor attacking the prison. Then its all the same you said, soap opera drama and all that..

>Rick and Michonne talk again, but this time he opens up to her, talking about Shane. Rick says he knows Judith isn't his child. He talks to Michonne about all the things he has had to simply accept and live with in order to keep his group and people alive.

lmao Rick the beta bitch boi

bump

>finding out how the disease started, how to cure
nigga they just tryna survive they aint no scientists

they had to spoonfeed the audience that?

>finding out about the state of the country and the wider world after the epidemic

I also stopped watching because this disappeared.

One of my favourite scenes is in the 1st season when the CDC scientist talks about the other research labs around the world and how they started going dark, one by one.