Has their been any Americas Cup threads over the past few days?

Has their been any Americas Cup threads over the past few days?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XQoNYe2jFP8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No you queer.

We've been using /rug/ which is just /nzsports/ general really.

wtf? How would anyone find that?
Can there be a legit thread, ffs?

>we
Make a thread.
Stop shitting up my /rug/

tbqh

no, since kiwis are afraid to lose against BSAs

>british sailors

Big strong australians?

There isn't a single american on the USA boat. Theyre all aussies and kiwis

It's hillarious watching Ainslie getting BTFO. He's such an arrogant cunt.

Fuck off ben is the goat sailor - not his fault this shit tier format is just an engineering competition like F1

Maybe he should go back to his Finn then.

The main thing is that he never takes responsibilities for his actions. The fact he named the British team after himself speaks volumes.

And are you saying that Britain cannot into engineering? If you have a problem with the format then you should be supporting ETNZ, they're the only ones who will change the format if they win, and have been opposed to a lot of it.

Team France are the worst funded team and probably have a worse boat.

How the FUCK did Ainslie manage to lose?

This is my first time watching sailing, it's really interesting.

Do the grinders do anything other than spin the generators? It looks like only one guy steers and another guy adjusts the sail.

Pretty much yeah what you said. The grinders generate hydraulic pressure, I think they're oil based control systems.

So yeah, theres a helmsman, a sail trimmer and they usually work together for tactics, but often the grinders are good tacticians that give judgment on where they should go and what moves to make when. Often though they get a couple of grinders that are pure athletes, there are former rowers, and on ETNZ's boat there is sometimes a former olympic track cyclist.

The last few years my city (Portsmouth) has hosted it, is it worth going to watch?
The first year was an absolute car crash in terms of organisation

The world series is a bit different to the proper AC.

But yeah probably. Best sailors in the world should be in it.

best sailors in the world are sailing lasers tbqh

these big boat events are pure cuckery

Microdick boats are for amateurs who are still learning.

Expect Tom Burton and Sam Meech on an AC boat in the next cycle.

Sweden got cucked today.

Team NZ should be sponsored by blacked.com

Call the boat BLACKED magic

If NZ chokes again like the last Americas Cup, we can name them deepthroat magic.

St. George was rad when I was over there, Hamilton was a bit shit.

Really funny doing fluid dynamics papers at Auckland pooni and watching the lecturers cringe internally when they remember what happened last time the government gave them a fuckload of money to win a competition. Literally all their examples are from the America's Cup because it's all that department has ever done. Surprised they haven't committed mass suicide

Are they still circlejerking to their work with Black Magic in 1995 and the successful defence in 2000 lad?

I don't think they ever did work out why Boeing and AIrbus were getting involved in the development program wrt wingsails in 2013.

Hi daniel

Check this video out, its an hour long but pretty well in depth

youtube.com/watch?v=XQoNYe2jFP8

Excellent thanks lad, I'll watch that at work tomorrow.

Luna Rossa had the most aesthetic boats.

When ETNZ wins, I hope they come back.

I didn't watch the race lads, give it to me straight

Was it refboat?

It's pretty complicated to describe. Yes and no.

Enlighten me kiwis, why would anyone NOT use cycling?
I know nothing of the sports and just catched NZ/France the other day but it seems more logical as legs have more power in them than arms.

Because its reasonably rare, you would need to design a system from scratch.

It was believed that it would take longer to mount the pedestals, thus wasting time.

It takes up more space. The system they do have if you see the cyclors they are so close that their heads are in eachothers asses.

They also thought it would be dangerous to have the cyclors clipped into the pedals in case of a collision/capsize and they could easily get injured.

As you can see, ETNZ has proven these aren't a problem, but it was too late for anyone to copy. Except Oracle who has put one cycle in.

Agreed

...You know that Oracle have a second boat in the shed right? I would bet my recently purchased house in Remuera on the fact that they'll have the exact same setup as "us" come the finals.

The ETNZ guys spent the last year on wattbikes training for cycling. Oracle would have been doing upper body workouts.

But really its hillarious watching Spithill squirm everytime they copy something.

I am very aware of this, I've got mates in both the Oracle and ETNZ camps over there, although my boy in ETNZ is dishing slightly better intel.

The big decoy was having the ETNZ AC50 going all over the gulf with hands grinders with the spies rolling around behind them whilst the full size "cyclor" buck was sitting in a shed with all of the crew refining it once they got off the water.

You sound like my ex gf

>Hey babe, you love me right?

What are the other 'innovations' that ETNZ has yet to reveal? And do you reckon they've got any other game changers?

ETNZ obviously learned from revealing their foiling capability too early last time and may have something to roll out only when they need to.