Be me

>be me
>22 yrs old
>started first business when I was 17
>found an investor, formed another company
>within 1 year was servicing clients across four continents
>was still studying at uni, still working two jobs
>worked 15 hour days for 5 years straight, loved every second of that god-forsaken fucking hellhole of a stress-pit time
>sold my business at 20
>got a job as a consultant for a global firm, put roughly 4 years ahead on the career ladder than my peers
>loved life, considered myself slightly successful in a humble way
>starting to realise that I fucking hate the corporate world and everything is for nothing and everyone is basically a cunt
>yesterday I literally snapped at an executive director of a government agency, in front of my senior manager, for wasting our fucking time
>called him out on his bullshit, I know for a fact that the partner is going to call me into the office tomorrow
>the same morning that partner called me and congratulated me on the wonderful feedback he'd been hearing about me in industry
>told me he was really proud of how well I was doing and all the awesome things I was achieving
>but 2 years into this career path and I've already run out of patience for all the dumbfucks riddling the corporate world

I think I'm just sabotaging myself by not giving retard clients any patience.

wat do? do I start my own shit up again? I have a mortgage now so don't necessarily have the freedom of just jumping ship and fucking around for a year to get my own business back on track once more.

help me make my life choices Sup Forums, what do I do to escape the corporate rat-race and enjoy life with as little interaction with office life as possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/mia_gefen/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kys

oh yeah, never thought of this

Yep. Kys.

If you're with McKinsey or BCG or similar, get transferred to another country. Corporate culture is different everywhere.

Leverage your current position and experience for a better job somewhere else.

>yesterday I literally snapped at an executive director of a government agency, in front of my senior manager, for wasting our fucking time

As someone who works in a weird grey area between tactical and non-tactical in the Air Force, I am glad you called them out. They'll probably get 10 kinds of butthurt, but a lot of those pukes fucking deserve it.

>what do I do to escape the corporate rat-race and enjoy life with as little interaction with office life as possible?
Get a job outside that area...
You really are retarded

Good thought. Secondment's been on my mind, could go to Germany - I have family there. But again, I've just bought a house, and my partner is studying here so looks like I'm stuck where I am for the next 5 to 7 years.

Maybe I'll just start bullshit dropshipping sites on the side till one picks up and I can dedicate more time into it until it supplements my income.

Dude take it from a fucking frycook, you ARE happy, you're just too dumb to know!!

Just look at the positives. Youll be leading a company yoursthatin less that 5 years, doing nothing with stats like that.

And youll have 6 advisors who tell you what decision to make, and you probably wont have to do shit.

Dont fuck up and leave a successful path for the shitty one. You might not like ot right NOW, but the grass is not always greener on the other side. TRUST me.

Yeah but inevitably in my industry I'll just end up in corporate culture again, doing the same consulting bullshit - or land up in a soul-destroying internal role where the only chances of vertical movement are when somebody dies.

Outside of the professional world is digging holes in the ground all fucking day, fuck that.

Either way I'm being negative and these are all valid suggestions. I appreciate them and take them on board.

I tell ya what user, it did feel good. Though this is the second time I've called out clients or other stakeholders on a project out on their bullshit, and each time it's gone horribly for me (I get chastised, reminded of how damaging it is for my company and career etc.).

Anyway I think I'd rather stick to my guns and call a spade a spade than pretend it's something that it's not. From what little experience I have, I've learned that the standard you walk past is the standard you accept. Best of luck with your endeavours in the air force, it sounds interesting.

Thank you again for make us feel like shit

I'm jaded as fuck right now (doing the same job since 2006, just with gradually more nonsense and administrative/"additional duty" crap as I've gone along), but thanks. I'm a very tactically-minded person, I absolutely hate admin shit, and don't care much for the people who'd rather drive a desk than do their primary duty. I understand that someone has to do that stuff, but I still despise it and the baggage that comes with.

It takes special kind of stupid to bitch about quality of people when being a tool and fool for a system. System that provides empty things and empty future for empty people. Just realize that everything you need fits into one backpack and you don't want to spend your life doing stupid shit with stupid people.

That must be rough. I can't even imagine doing this job for another 12 years man. I mean I'd be making twice as much as I do now, but realistically that's not a good return on my investment (my effort against year-on-year gain) and again I think my soul would irreparably die over that period.

What kinda stuff do you actually do in your day-to-day?

You're exactly right and I agree with every single point you make. However, like most people (including yourself), I don't wish to live on solely what I can carry in my backpack - for I like having a reasonable amount of things, because I am intrinsically as hedonistic as you are (it's why we thrive as a species).

I guess what I'm trying to find is a balance between shitty office life and living out of a backpack, as you put it. Anyway...

I can't really go into it, but suffice to say there is a real impact on the world. I go in one room and do something that matters, and then I get relieved and go into another room to do things that don't actually matter but are deemed More Important by office people and my soul dies bit by bit.

Then good for you dude, you can (in an average day I guess) finish work with the knowing that you've done something that makes an impact in the world.

I know, all too well the feeling of slaving your ass off, having a happy client only to have achieved one of the following:
>it gets filed away and never given a fuck about ever again, until something goes wrong and you're blamed
>it serves to further advance someone else's career.

Wish I could know more about what you do, sounds cool. What's your game plan? Planning on sticking around in that role for much longer? Any chances of moving up the chain anytime soon?

You are pathetic.

>game plan
Stay as long as I can stand it.
>chances of moving up
That's the thing: my leadership wants me to move up and do more of the admin/managerial crap. I'm 32 and by all rights should be totally on-board with that, in addition to various AFIs and other documents telling me that I should be due to my rank. I just find the admin too difficult to keep track of for my own self, let alone anyone else's. Sure the pay gets better when you promote (or get higher steps in the GS system), but the actual amounts don't mean much to me when it doesn't seem fulfilling. Look up the current pay chart and find the E-6 with 12+ years column. It's somewhat reasonable, taking into account "free" healthcare, life insurance, plus housing and food allowances, in addition to a little extra I get due to the incentives for my job. It's not bad, not great, but not bad. I'm not going to be in a Porsche or MB anytime soon, but I'm also not driving a 1996 Cavalier.

instagram.com/mia_gefen/

Here's my baseless assumptions about you
>under 27 years old
>Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic
>At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing
>You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage and this has made you somewhat bitter, though you may not have the balls to admit that
>You tend to be critical of yourself
>While you have some personality weaknesses, you feel that you are generally able to compensate for them
>Overall you feel like you haven't got to where you deserve to be in life

Now, I know you're going to resonate with some of these and it'll piss you off even more. But just ask yourself WHY haven't you achieved what you wanted to? I paved my own fucking path to success early on, because I wanted it bad and I was willing to work like a dog for it. I was motivated because I never had anything growing up, neither did my siblings or parents. This year I managed to fly my grandparents in to see my mother, I managed to buy my sister a car and fly my father over to visit. I managed to pay for my mother to fly to her family overseas and see her sisters and brothers. These are the things that make it all so fucking worth it. Every single fucking minute spend exhausted, stressed, panicked and overworked to the point of near mental breakdown before I was even 18. It was all worth it, and the satisfaction I get from that is one of the greatest feelings I've ever felt - to know it payed off. But you've never been able to have that, have you? So why not? Is it because you haven't got the balls to work hard enough and choose to think that everyone else around you is pathetic because of it, or is it because you really just don't give enough fucks about yourself? This is rhetorical, and is intended to maybe encourage you to have a little thing and motivate you in the right direction. Best of luck to you.

OP, just be your own boss. That's my only advice.

Thanks for the advice.

Thanks all for contributing. I'm off for now, adios amigos.

As a former seller/instructor for less lethal systems (pepperball deployment options for riot control and less lethal conflict resolution) for nationwide law enforcement - good for you. There was more than a few times I called people on their bullshit and it honestly didn’t hurt the business. We just told the department to send someone else because we could not work with that person if they wanted our systems.
Also it’s damn funny when someone who works military/law enforcement gets flustered like they’re owed something and someone won’t put up with their bullshit. Only lost 1 contract out of the 12 years we did this.

Such shitty shitty bait. It would be more believable if you said you found a lost city in your closet and saved a princess and as a reward you got to fuck a leprechaun while riding a unicorn

You were fucked when you were born rich. Kys probably