Is vaping really harmful in any way? I stopped smoking cigs for it (half a pack a day)...

Is vaping really harmful in any way? I stopped smoking cigs for it (half a pack a day), and I am all the way down to 3mg but I still love the nicotine I get from it. I know you can get shit like popcorn lung, but other than that there really isn't too much damage done to your lungs right? (compared to smoking at least). It's a pretty fun hobby and I always see contradictions online and negative connotations that are associated with nicotine (probs from cigs).

You cant get popcorn lung from that shit anymore. Only if you buy some shitty ass homemade juice with diacetyl

Yeah that's what I thought, but not sure cause of how much media bs is out there about it.

No, inhaling an artificial and untested substance is not harmful in ANY way.

you're kinda right on this one, just that most vape juices are pretty simple right? Just pg, vg and nicotine. "Propylene glycol—or PG—is a main ingredient in albuterol, or asthma inhalers, and is perfectly safe to inhale when vaporized. PG is thinner than VG, and carries flavor very well—the next ingredient, flavorings, are usually suspended in PG. Flavorings are food-grade, can be natural or artificial, and are limited only by the imagination of the juice maker."

Glycerin and propylene glycol are basically two ingredients included. Both are food safe, FDA approved, been around for years and years, not connected to cancer or other illnesses in any way. But yea, sure, keep the BS around, lol.

Not vaping is always going to be healthier than vaping. That said I'd go with the UK health study that says it's 98% safer than cigs. Stay on it as long as you want OP if it keeps you away from the sticks.

Popcorn lung is a myth and nothing you need to ever worry about. There is far more diacetyl in cigarette smoke and smoking is not linked to popcorn lung. You're good nigger

Thanks my boys :D. I'd much rather do this and smell like cotton candy than smell like ass and die from preventable cancer

This is definitely true, although flavours are still somewhat dubious for long term exposure. Most people seem to be in agreement that the exposure levels are fairly insignificant though.

Nicotine is also not worth worrying about (unless you start literally chugging bottles of it). It's got a pretty bad rep from having the negative health effects of tar from tobacco lumped on top of it. On its own in vaping it's a very mild stimulant on roughly the same level as caffeine.

Really want to drive home that the diacetyl thing is just a scare at this point. Don't buy super shady liquid from China or Pajeet gas stations and you'll never have to worry, diacetyl or not.

As much as it pains me to say this on this board, the r/Electronic_cigarette subreddit is a pretty solid place to get advice on this stuff, they happily provide sources and shit, just avoid the circlejerks.

Good luck staying of the smokes op.

Thanks homie, I'll def check that sub reddit out

Yeah it's harmful. It makes you look like a fucking tool.

The science is inconclusive so far. Need longer studies to determine whether vaping is harmful to long term health. You're best trying to quit all of it, because who knows in the future they might figure out inhaling vaporized corn oil gives you lung tumors or some shit.

It's harmful because someone may punch you for looking like a douche. It's so gay to do.

these.

kek
it's harmful for your health, even reports that it isn't still mention inhalation of many toxic and carcinogen products & byproducts, stick to cancernails, at least you know what you get

lmaoooo, I mostly vape inside and whenever I do smoke with friends I usually stick to cigs, but lately I've been going cold turkey and am sticking to vaping. I don't do that shit in public alone though lol

Yes they have been proven safe to eat. However heating it to a vapor and inhaling it is a different matter altogether. Not all of that vapor leaves the lungs....

I smoke a pack every 3 days and tried vaping before but the shops near me are Jews and charge a lot for vape sticks and sweet ass juices like unicorn tiddy which completely turned me off. I've been thinking about getting into it again because dying kinda sounds shitty and I don't want to look like a soyboy. Is the phase of looking like a fedora over or is it still mad gay?

Compared to cigarettes its not very harmful. But yes its still harmful especially with average amount that consumed by the average vaper thinking it is safe. There are no longitudinal studies on its impact that are definitive.

I can't wait until 20 years from now... All the vape fags will be getting cancer and other disease process and be like "Omg how did this happen?!?! They said it was safe!"

It still wasn't fully researched, it is potentially harmful, simply because name one thing that you smoke and isn't harmful?

Few weeks ago I read something about some research showing negative influence of vaping, can't recall the source

So hope someone punches me for vaping i would take that that triple 18650 vape and bounce it right off their brain cage.

those guys get it right

The problem is that every time you breathe, you intake minor amounts of particles that cause minor amounts of inflammation within your lungs. Inflammation is a huge contributor to cell mutation and thus cancer.

When you breathe in vapors of any kind, especially vapors that are above or below average human body temperature, or vapors that contain molecules other than oxygen, nitrogen, and hydrogen... (namely e juice) you increase your risk of cancer exponetially.

Lost my father in 2016 from lung cancer. He was an avid vaper for nearly 7 years before he was diagnosed. This is how I was educated on the realities of what vaping does to the body.

A fist would be more effective, but okay. Be a pussy that throws shit. Whatever works for you.