What stops terminally ill people from going on murder-suicide rampages?

what stops terminally ill people from going on murder-suicide rampages?

im not saying they should, or condoning it, but i wonder how medical professionals convince people to accept the news of their impending death peacefully who have no family or few friends and access to weapons/ability to make weapons.

Why would they?

Not everyone is a pathetic loner with no prospects in life, that needs to have his "revenge" on society.

That is just because normal people aren't total psychos that are just waiting for any reason to snap at the world.

Kek I've honestly thought about doing that if I'm
Ever given a few months to live. Or at the very least I'd vandalize the homes of people I hated, have a lot of unprotected sex and eat absolutely nothing but KFC skin

it's not revenge.
have you ever considered that the only thing holding people back from doing these things is the fear of punishment?
that they might think it would be fun?

no im not saying the majority would, what im saying is what stops the few? of all the mass shooters/terrorists/suicide attackers we have, none of them have ever been known to be struggling with a terminal illness.

>have you ever considered that the only thing holding people back from doing these things is the fear of punishment?
>that they might think it would be fun?

Maybe in shit tier countries like the US where people are conditioned to think that empathy is weakness. In the rest of the world we are quite happy to live together with our communities.

i think -some- people only obey the rules becauese they don't want to be punished, but i think most adults come to realize most societal rules are made to engender an already existing sense of civility that most people want to take part in.

>muh buhrgur
opinion discarded

not everyone needs to lash out at people that have nothing to do with their problems

Morality, humanity.

Eurofag here, can't confirm.

Truth hurts. Bitch.

Most people hope that they will get better, even if they're diagnosed with a terminal illness. As long as one has hope, there is no reason to commit mass murder.

And once they have no hope left, they won't be able to pull it off anymore. Lel.

Just because people know theyre gonna die (sooner anyway) doesnt mean they lose moral values out of the sudden....

the uk isnt part of europe anymore

empathy is only a strength until its exploited.

Yes, because the US culture encourages backstabbing people because everyone is brought up to backstab everyone before they get backstabbed by everyone before...

Terminally ill people usually don't have the capacity to commit a rampage cause, you know, they're terminally ill.

If their illness hasn't caused them to become bedridden, then they are probably going to cling to a normal life for as long as they possibly can because they are terrified death.

don't even try dumping that on us. that's a universal fact of human nature. empathetic people are just good suckers.

Museum of natural history

>morals are based entirely on how much time you have left to live
Now do you realize how retarded you sound?

>have plenty of prospects in life
>don't care about revenge

If I get diagnosed with a terminal illness chances are I'll just go on a rampage and destroy people I think don't need to be on the planet. A few pedophiles in my area I know of, people like that.

It's not like they'll make it out of this life alive anyways.

im not making a statement. im asking a question and looking for an explanation.

nothing. Have you seen breaking bad?

>don't even try dumping that on us. that's a universal fact of human nature. empathetic people are just good suckers.

Spoken by someone from the US. Thanks for proving my point.

The human race has survived this long because we are social creatures that form communities and defend those in their communities. I have no fucking clue what went wrong with the US though. My best guess is that you reached a plateau in wellbeing so you started regressing.

Well wait 10 years and then once you have turned 18 you'll need another 10 years before you understand how society works

>what stops terminally ill people from going on murder-suicide rampages?
Being terminally ill

>The fact they're terminally ill
>The fact they might not want to spend their already shitty remaining time in jail
>The fact they stand nothing to gain from it
>The fact it's difficult
>The fact most people aren't psychopaths bent on ruining other peoples lives

Take your pick.

Stop asking retarded questions because you don't like society

You're thinking of sympathy. Empathy is a basic human trait required to be functional in society

>none of them have ever been known to struggle with mental illness.

Dude read that back to yourself.

Very few people function like that, since we're a social species part of our instinctual behavior is to treat people around us decently.
There needs to be some sort of malfunction that you're born with or trauma involved for people not to function like that.