Why are all alien movies the same?

Why are all alien movies the same?

yeah, 2001 is exactly like Aliens isnt it?

fucking retard,

Aliens isn't an alien movie

This. It's a horror movie.

it's literally different

District 9 .. almost identical to E.T.

holy shit OP, youre right!

it was a pretty good movie 2bh

District 9 wasn't an alien movie

It was sentimental crap and the ending was predictable.

Under the Skin, a literal carbon copy of War of the Worlds.

Solid 9/10

do people call you "special" and pat you on the head a lot?

War of the Worlds isn't an alien movie

This movie was so fucking dumb. I couldn't believe people sold this as the "thinking mans sci fi film". Everyone bar the main character acted like a complete retard.

>our leaders are incompetent
>human beings react to the unknown with fear
>Non-linear story telling!!!!
None of these are original or clever ideas. In the end I was just left frustrated that everyone on earth bar the main couple were complete mouth breathing retards.

Because our entire perception of Aliens is all based on a branching series of urban legends that all share the same root cause as every single "boogieman" story all the way back to cave painting days. Humanity can't express our paralysing fear of the metaphysical other in anything other than variations of the same simple story, which is "I saw something fucking spooky last night let me tell you."

Aliens can either be friendly or not. there's not much more to play with here.

>Everyone bar the main character acted like a complete retard
>does a Prometheus and takes off her helmet/suit

Were we watching the same film?

District 9 was kinda neutral on that

This is going to be another one of those movies like Minority Report, Elysium and Snowpiercer that idiots hold up as "smart", isn't it?

Yeah the gung ho military adding artifical tension trope is so fucking cheap. They really need to stop doing this

>UHMG YOU HAVE 2 DAYS TO SOLVE THIS OR WE GONNA LAUNCH DA NUKES

Yeah because there's a"theoretical physicist" main character and he says faster than light a few times

Ok yeah that scene was fucking retarded. Even worse, everyone walks around without protective gear afterwards because she "didn't have radiation poisoning". Nobody even proposes that she could have some alien virus that we have yet to discover.

The worst offender was Whitaker's character who repeatedly asks stupid questions.
>why can't you translate this 5 second sound file of an alien language you've never even heard?
>why do we need to teach aliens the basics of English before moving on to harder aspects?
How the fuck did this sub-80 IQ monkey man get into a position of power?

Is this whole thread bait or is Sup Forums all underage?

because scifi is only one notch above capeshit in terms of genre tiers

I think the thing that all those movies have in common is that they bludgeon you over the head with very simple themes. As a result, idiots who watch the movie feel smart for understanding the incredibly overt message.

>I like incredibly dumb movies so you should too!

also include Interstellar

It was literally just a Contact rehash. They even style plot points like the protestor bombing the spaceship

is there a hunky Matthew McConaughey at all?

It's that guy

>Jeremy Renner
>hunky
this film is getting worse and worse

It's Another "mysterious aliens solve human problems" flick for the trash

I really enjoyed the last 2 of this guys flicks but this one was just crap.

It's virtually impossible to create an original alien scenario when everything we know, LITERALLY EVERYTHING WE KNOW is from our eartly reference.
It's why all aliens either look humanoid, or look like some earthly mix or creatures/things. We can't imagine life that is totally different from what we know. It'd be like trying to create a new color.

Exactly. Which is why Solaris has the best aliens.

>metaphysical

>comic book resources

she has a point though. Majority of Anons here are complaining the ending sours the movie

why does the spaceship look like one of these

No it wasn't, the plot was ridiculous.

>aliens have a language that allows them to see the future
>aliens can see bad things happening in 3000 years
>aliens decide that the way to overcome this, is to visit earth and teach them the language, so they can see the future too, and will help in 3000 years

Being able to see the future can work 2 ways;
1. The future you see is the future, and it cannot be changed.
2. The future you see can be changed, and as a result, it will almost NEVER be the future because if you're aware of the future, you'll act differently, hence changing it.

Also, the 'we teaching languages lol' scenes were fucking cringe bad