letterboxd.com/cinebro/list/they-shoot-pictures-dont-they-top-1000-film/
screenshotcomparison.com/comparison.php?id=188355
letterboxd.com/horrormaster34/
letterboxd.com/cal123wave/list/possible-realities-now-that-trump-is-president/
letterboxd.com/FutureDays/
letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who will die first, Godard or Belmondo

Belmondo is already half dead, while godard hate/love relationship with cinema keeps him alive.

really makes you think

That's quite clever.

Visconti's the Leopard.

I did not like it.

what didn't you like about it

I'm still in horror movie mode 2bh.

letterboxd.com/machill54/

letterboxd.com/plebiann
What did you think of Dark Horse Sup Forums?

>letterboxd.com/machill54/
How are you not bored of watching that shit. pretentious cucks i tell ya.

letterboxd.com/smisk42/

Watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy last night.
God that movie was boring. Beautifully filmed and well acted, but I just didn't find it engaging.

evangelion is kino stfu

how big is the Hanak film rip?

Looks very fuckable

>anime
>"I'm still in horror movie mode
>machill54

is it possible for this general to get any worse than its current state?

Yes, if you stay here any longer.

I've spent a year plus watching basically nothing but trash movies

19.6gb, it's the full disc baby

It's not trash if you like it :)

letterboxd.com/toopleb/

>tfw had to get a job so now I have no time for movies anymore

First day off in weeks so I'm watching Godzilla x MechaGodzilla and Universal Soldier.

That's not how it works, fagit. Trash is something of its own genre

it was dull

huh

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

Daily reminder that you're huge pleb if you have seen less than 33% of that list.

letterboxd.com/cinebro/list/they-shoot-pictures-dont-they-top-1000-film/

So this is Christmas
and what have you done?

I've only seen 18%. I'm more interested in other kinds of films

it was only 20% last time!

Sure, sure, but on a hypothesis of continued interest in cinema for a long period, to see all or the majority of the best- or canon- is to be expected.

phew!!!!! half those movies are shit anyway, get your own opinions pleb

Reminder that supra-individual committee-created lists are worthless.
screenshotcomparison.com/comparison.php?id=188355

>Avatar is on there
list invalidated

where is the web version from? Is it filmstruck or something?

/ay496

been a while since posting

its a good list of suggestions for people who haven't seen to many classics. I prefer Rosenbaum/Rayns lists though

How come TM is your favorite Weerasethakul film?

I watched Come and See last night. That was the first Soviet movie I've seen. Are there any other places to start with stuff from the Russians?

>half those movies are shit anyway, get your own opinions pleb
I fail to understand the alleged proof of having seen almost half of that list and then saying something so ignorant and nonsensical. I guess the answer is in the lie

Amazon and iTunes. Apparently it is the master used for the initial Criterion DVD release. Superior to both the Criterion and Gaumont BDs.

No, they aren't

Considering filmstruck is one week old and the web-dl a couple of years, no. I suppose it's the hulu version

most emotionally resonant for me, how tactile and intimate it is while complicating those feelings with amazing tsai-level distancing moments. AW is one of my favorite directors though, so its not that far ahead of everything else. yours?

dovzhenko and eisenstein, followed by sheptiko and kalatozov

>No, they aren't
Well, their value is to see what a certain group mind thinks is good at a certain time, which I suppose holds interest for some people, but I have no use for such lists and would never use one as a guide for viewing. Individual lists or going through a director's filmography is much more valuable, IMO.

Uncle Boonmee then Syndromes then Cemetery

letterboxd.com/horrormaster34/

>Follow. Call me a pleb or other meme word

>Soviet = Russians
Educate yourself.

But if you work with big numbers, you will inevitably end up watching them all anyways. It's just another more organized path to the same thing, really.

How about we just call it the Boozed Squatter race?

haha memes

Thanks! During our Russia lecture, my geography professor mentioned that Eisenstein was his favorite filmmaker. I'll be sure to check those guys out

>teary denial

I haven't checked, but I doubt I would watch movies by many of the directors on that list. Avatar? lol

Last month was goood.

>this guy thinks probably thinks he's a sophisticated film watcher
lol indeed

*tips fedora*

Yeah, you said that already plenty, fagtron

I'm sure there are many great directors on it, but probably a lot of bad-mediocre ones whose films I have no interest in watching (e.g. Cameron). I don't know what the *tips fedora* comment is supposed to mean.

If you end up liking the montage theory era stuff like your professor does, be sure to check out Griffith, Roeg, and Marker who were parallel with/heavily influenced by it.

But Cameron is not mediocre, much less bad. Excellent action films, and romantic/epic spectacles that justify their own hugeness.
The fedora tipping is probably because you seem to deny the 'hollywood director type' without reserves or careful consideration.

letterboxd.com/cal123wave/list/possible-realities-now-that-trump-is-president/

There are some good ones on that list but I feel like they include some newer, poorer made ones for the Plebs.

>There are some good ones
Yeah, like some hundreds upon hundreds

Stuff like Edward Scissorhands, Rushmore and Moulin Rogue could easily be replaced.

Rushmore is great faggot

>le quirky Wes Anderson xDDD

t.poorfag

rushmore is anderson's worst

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

are you triggered?
where's your safe space?

No, his weakest features would be Life Aquatic and Darjeeling.

SJWboxd is a safe space

anyone else going to watch dave chappelle on SNL tonight.

SNL isn't good or watchable since '74

Werner Herzog made something worth watching?

>insulting based Herzog
Either bait or you fucked up

except for when phil hartman was on.

if you don't like any herzog, you may need to reevaluate what you are doing on this board.

>simply posting a link got this response from you
you are le just as bad ;;)))

that fucking rat scene in inferno is one of the most nonsensical things i have seen

letterboxd.com/FutureDays/

o k bro, you sure look like a fool projecting like that though

Yeah, sure. Poor me

at this point everything he makes is worth watching even if its bad

The Passenger felt like it changed my standard/view of films completely. What an amazing film any recs for similar films?

letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/

Which is a principle for an artist. When something special is made, everything else, future or past, becomes worthy/essential watches. Well, 'auteur' is the term generally used in cinema.

The Driver, maybe?

eh, i don't know about that. i'm a pretty big fan but his last few before inferno have looked fucking terrible.

nicole kidman in the desert? a texting and driving PSA? or how about let's see what a 70 year old german thinks about the internet?

salt and fire sounds interesting tho.

they were all shit and that's why i asked about Inferno

it's a goddamn netflix collaboration on top of it all, no reason to believe it is worth shit

Well, sure Herzog is far away from his peak, but a filmography is a filmography

Jesus, what an awful year for films. Is there anything worth watching? Here's what I've seen for 2016.

Are you implying that there are not quality films in your image?

They're not.
13 Hours.

No. Out of that list I quite enjoyed Cafe Society, Cloverfield and Hail, Caesar.

I certainly could have done without seeing the rest. It seems like finding good 2016 stuff is pretty difficult.

There are, though.

Indeed, I agree on these three. But only Blue Mountain State and Neighbors 2 are outright bad.
Nothing too special though, but the best usually comes out in the end of the year and in the next one.

>it's a goddamn netflix collaboration on top of it all, no reason to believe it is worth shit
lol they clearly bought and released it after it was made.

but if you have that strong of an opinion about it without having watched it, you probably won't like it.

I just have bad experiences with modern Herzog and Netflix and now they're together in one project.

>seen 10 films from this year
>"what an awful year for films"
Are you really this ignorant?

rec me an entertaining movie

Empire (1964)

[REC]

Sátántangó

Shôjo jigoku ichi kyû kyû kyû.

GFOS