Proto-Math Rock

>Proto-Math Rock
>Proto-Post-Punk
>Proto-Post Hardcore
>Combines Blues with Free Jazz (never been done before)
>Still fresh and relevant 50 years later

Radiohead sure are amazing.

this album is a true pleb filter for 'rock' fans

goat.

>>Proto-Post Hardcore
>>Combines Blues with Free Jazz (never been done before)
how?

harmonic structures derived from the blues but a lot of the melodies, modes and scales used in improvisation are closer to what you'd get in free jazz
first bit doesn't make sense though lol

>combining blues with free jazz (never been done before)

blocks your fucking path you hipster youngfag

Dad please.

What is up with this meme
Post punk, math rock, post rock, and post hardcore all came from the same genre that this album is from

get off my lawn if you don't know your shit user

>>Proto-Math Rock
>>Proto-Post-Punk
>>Proto-Post Hardcore
>>Combines Blues with Free Jazz (never been done before)
>>Still fresh and relevant 50 years later
Literally none of these.
Didn't even get the date right,

not
>>>Proto-Post-Punk
you are objectively wrong

>Combines Blues with Free Jazz (never been done before)
Captain Beefheart did that a decade earlier.

Yeah and Sabbath did it to create metal around the same time your point is?
You'll also notice op uses the proto meme which is stupid because technically jazz is proto-rock

O I am laffin. It's just a solid rock n roll record that did something unconventional by combining two guitars that fill in the music intricately instead of having the rhythm guitar+lead guitar format. It's very clearly a descendant of funk, glam, and prog and didn't do anything truly innovative outside of just being a super well-written rock album in a punk environment.

Captain Beefheart was very obviously creating blues rock with free jazz elements.
Not the same as Sabbath.

Also nothing Sabbath has done is free jazz. Especially not on their first two albums. It's tightly structured and derived from blues.

Sabbath has free jazz elements if you're actually paying attention. Take for instance one of their most well-known songs, war pigs. At the end of the intro the band derives into three different parts. The guitar continues playing the E base, while the bass splits to D scale. The drums aren't even playing the same pattern as the guitar and bass. And there's clearly improvization in the instrumental chorus after the first verse. The drums play a different, independent pattern each time, the bass does as well. Maybe it's just free blues, but there's definitely a "free" element there.

realizing they were just bastardizing things they heard at different tempos and volumes is the real understanding of this album

I always thought the Velvet Underground were the biggest influence on Television but apparently Verlaine says they are unlisteneable. So what bands/artists were they inspired by?

bump

>TVU
>unlistenable
How can one be so pleb?

>different patterns each time means it’s free jazz
You what

good bait, almost got me

OP was talking about Radiohead, not Television you morans.
Nice bait.

>proto-post-punk
>proto-post-hardcore
wouldn't that be just punk and hardcore though