and dropped

Good movie, but flawed with cliche and sentimentality

Still was entertained and enjoyed it

7.5/10

>there is actually someone who dislikes forest whitaker

>This man is a genius.

Villeneuve is crushing it.

You are objectively right.

Loved him in Color of Money and Jasons Lyric.

Your right but it still hit me in the feels. Either way was a really well made movie

He was great as Idi Amin.

Probably one of his better roles.

And this is why I don't feel like spending 20 bucks to watch. Unless there's a qt with panty shots like in the Cloverfield unofficial sequel, I'm not interested.

Spoil it for me.

Were the aliuns good guys?

He is a true "director", in the sense that he is not about the flashy things but more about getting all aspects of the film together with superb coherence and rigor. He knows how to make everything work together (music, framing, writing, acting, photography, editing...) to translate his vision. A Kinographer, on might say.

The last 2 minutes of the flick were hammering the twist, but I realized that half of the theater still didn't get what was going on.

I still don't know ambiguous autist fucks.

Yes, the whole movie is basically the aliens are giving us a gift of a new "universal language" that surpasses time

a big spoiler is that the seeming flashbacks throughout the movie that Amy adams has of her dying child are actually future memories that is revealed when an alien tells her shes the future

And this is why I didn't like it. It's not a fucking documentary the fuck!

So it's not a straight up 2 hour long movie about some cunt who tries talking to autistic ay lmaos? What's the fucking plot, because from what I've seen in theater promos is that it's Yet Another Alien Movie.

More like
>Jeremy, troll face no fucking charm, Renner
and dropped

gimp eyed over-actor

Is this gonna be another "good" film, like HACKsaw ridge?

That's sad because the concept of simultaneous time and simultaneous probable & parallel timeframes is actually how reality works, so at one point you're going to have to understand it (in this lifetime or another, all of them occurring simultaneously of course).

This is truth, by the way.

No they were definitely thr bad guys. The aliens effectively held humanity at ransom.

They demanded the implementation of a one world government and that we spend the next 3k years developing a cure for their space aids.

Is this available online yet????

It's a movie that doesn't have aliens planning an invasion or worshiping us as if we were Mormon gods. They want to give us knowledge because the aliens know it will benefit them in the long run. Kind of like how we gave Asians Western technology.

First half of that was fucking phenomenal though. To be honest they should have focused on the main characters childhood and all the family drama that was going on, instead of the cliched hacked together war shit it turned into at the end.

>some cunt who tries talking to autistic ay lmaos

It is literally this.

>nigger
>high-ranking military person

>what is the plot

It's a character piece, it's all about Amy Adams and her gift/burden which is revealed at the end of thr film.

The aye lmaos and government shit is really just in the background

>This is truth, by the way

Says who?

no that would be even worse

All I know is that after my fifth bathroom break and half way through the film, it got hard to watch.

Fucking Villeneuve done it again.

I mean he's literally the hero that cinema deserves.

It will be very similar to peoples reaction to Interstellar

Until he'll ruin Blade Runner

Terrible movie. Long, pretentious and boring

And it has a HUGE plot hole

She can read the alien language because in the future she knows how to read the alien language, and she can see into the future. But at what point does she learn how to read the alien language?

When they give a black sperm while she was touching glass

>Arrivial
aka
>Interstellar 2
aka
>Piece of shit garbage film

I think it has a bit of time travel movie rules, that the first time she experiences it in her life timeline she becomes 'enlightened' to it

he won't

Only time will tell.

Only someone who hasn't seen it would call it Interstellar 2

As she is deciphering the pictograms at an ever increasing rate, her memories of future daughter are reciprocated at the same frequency as her learning.

lol

I actually felt it shared a lot of themes with interstellar

skr skr

yes I agree

>$20

Do you live in eastern russia?
wtf

I saw it, would definitely compare it to interstellar

4 dollars for pop, 5 for popcorn, and up to 10 for a ticket.

This.

bucket of crablegs cost nearly $20 at my theater

English, doc

I get the feeling the end is gonna be linguist lady shouting "It's a cookbook!" annnd credits.

this movie is shit and is only good if you're retarded and think the twist at the end is "mindblowing". The film is plodding and shallow and has an inane conclusion.

learning to read coffee stain langauge makes your mind see the future. that is one DANK meme

nigga knew chinese dont doubt she can speak alien

I don't get what people like about this. It's just another take on the day the earth stood still.

There sure is a lot of viral marketing going on today!

plus another 5 dollars for a foot masseur

>board dedicated to talking about movies is talking about a recently released movie
>shills shills!

straight up ruined the movie for me.

You forget that her perception is totally fucked. Her daughter's death is giving her serious PTSD hallucinations before she was even born

Guessed the ending 30 minutes in. Without the twist its just boring. I kind of liked the premise of language but it's actually pretty retarded If you think about it. Language dictates how you view the world it doesn't give you superpowers

>people in this thread that think the ayy lmaos gave her the powers and she didn't already have it
I bet you assholes had problems with interstellar

I hate how movies that could have been perfect are not

Was she knowlingly condemning her daughter to a slow death of cancer by boinking Renner's character? Or was it inevitable? Should've just taken off to Mars like Dr. Manhattan desu.

A good chunk of the people at my cinema walked away thinking that she was having a second child.

I would happily accept money to shill shit movies on this Laotian rotoscopy board all day. Any interested studios can contact me on facebook, name is WT Snacks.

Lol based on the few images I saw of this film, I thought this movie was about Chinese serpentine dragons invading earth