Buddhists:

Buddhists:
>Cannot accept money, nor want money
>Eat one meal a day
>Don't believe in a God, but follow a Philosophy
>Killing ANYTHING is a no-no
>Have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of free books circulating the world, so that others may benefit

Christians:
>Shove a basket in your face for donations, you will get talked about if your donations aren't good enough
>Are fat, love to eat all kinds of shit. Church usually ends with a super-sized meal of cakes, pastas, etc.
>Believe in God
>Have started wars and have killed the most people in the name of religion
>Bibles can go up to hundreds of dollars

Why aren't you a Buddhist?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?hl=en&q=list of christian wars
youtube.com/watch?v=XuGW1x3T0Fc&t=1609s&index=69&list=PLJm2-lfxZSdwV0dvamkWXzYGqOk-EhT8y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Eat one meal a day
That's why.

Infidel.

bitch.

American Christian churches give far more in charity than anyone else. They give free clothing, free food, free shelter and often foot the bill for education.

They also operate private homes for abandoned children, which is where I work. Our children live off what churches donate, wear what they sell us (dirt cheap) and pay our power bill with their donations.

Also I go once a month to hang out food to homeless, drug addicts, etc at a different church in town.

But Buddhism is cool. I give you that.

When Christianity works, it's wonderful.

Also in my experience the concepts in Buddhism don't conflict with that of Christian beliefs if you really get down to the fundamentals.

>Also in my experience the concepts in Buddhism don't conflict with that of Christian beliefs if you really get down to the fundamentals.
No, they really don't. Theravada, the branch which follows the Buddha's teachings word-for-word, is basically broken down:
>Virtue
>Concentration
>Understanding
As outlined in The Path of Purification

Pretty sure that atheists have killed far more than Christians and Muslims combined.

Not even close. What do you base this claim on?

Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Castro. Mao alone probably has everyone beat.

Is Nirvana not Ein-Sof?

Christians and Roman Catholics are two different breeds, RC are the crazy people that believe in all the shit you just listed, but an ordinary everyday christian are usually just genuine people and even follow some of the shit that you listed about Buddhists

Cuz I dun wanna burn in the pits of hell.

bullshit, they're the same fucking thing, variations on a theme. learn your history fuckface

>Have started wars and have killed the most people in the name of religion
Um, thats islam

google.com/search?hl=en&q=list of christian wars

:^)
>this thread

All of the crusades were committed by Roman Catholics im guessing you have never met a real christian like myself but all i can do is hope that you find the lord but if not there will still be a time of forgiveness and redemption but please explain to me why Christians are the same as Roman Catholics

Not him, but they're not the same, I agree. Catholics are greedy as fuck.

Can you call what churches give charity if all their money comes from donations? They are heavily government funded. Why is charity when churches give money they take from taxes, but evil welfare when government just gives out welfare, which is also taken from taxes?

Nirvana is a state of mind. Not the afterlife or god

> Why aren't you a Buddhist?

>Eat one meal a day

Not a Christian but go to any hotel and u got a bible, I've never seen a Buddhist book

yeah, that's annoying af.

Because I've got no reason to differentiate myself from any other sect. Jesus and whatnot can be fit in along side with Buddhism in a Gnostic manner.

In the same aspect Christians could benefit from opening themselves up to more expansive knowledge. The Upanishads should be relevant in really any existentialist philosophy. Should be one next to each bible in a church really.

I mean it's a good way to spread their message

Alan Watts will teach you plebs youtube.com/watch?v=XuGW1x3T0Fc&t=1609s&index=69&list=PLJm2-lfxZSdwV0dvamkWXzYGqOk-EhT8y

Their faggot king pope lives in his own country.

You're a REAL Christian you say? But Catholics aren't? lol!

>but please explain to me why Christians are the same as Roman Catholics

Because Catholicism IS Christianity. They are the same because they believe the same things about the bible that make Christianity what it is.

>Jesus and whatnot can be fit in along side with Buddhism
well somebody's never read the bible. your parents are supposed to kill you for saying that

Fuck u for suggesting us to watch an hour long video

Are you sure you didn't misinterpret?
What are your sources faggot?

Top post

Read, but also understood - that's the part most are missing.

The bible doesn't say you're not allowed to believe things that go beyond the book. It's very much a hyper-simplified philosophy, which is fine, but it's also fine to explore the complexities..

Arent buddist killing and displacing muslims un burma?

Because westerners who call themselves Buddhists are basic white bitches and spiritual wannabes

Based Buddhists

Ya know, if you told this typical white boi shit to a real Buddhist (Buddhist isn't a religion, it's a philosophy) they deck you straight in the throat.

What term should they use then? Say, a westerner who spontaneously enlightens.

Transcendentalist? Subitist? Yogis?

giving is the best communication.
good movie.

Bullshit

You both believe a fucking unicorn controls your lives...unevolved idiots