Worth a try?

Worth a try?

Not really, especially when the Smile Session and the soniclovenoize mix of SMiLE exist

Don't listen to this fool Smiley Smile is a lofi minimalist psych masterpiece

Smiley Smile is the best Beach Boys album

Like i've said, there is no point in listening to that album when SMiLE is miles better, if you really want psych Beach Boys, listen to Surfs' Up

Smile = Reddit (you)
Smiley Smile = me

Enjoy your bunt while I listen to the grand slam

its literally 27 minutes long and thats including heroes and villains and good vibrations which you will have definitely heard before
how little free time do you have to not be able to listen to it for yourself
also it's a great album

Why not both?
>there is no point in listening to
What a silly thing to say

Go ahead, it's a short and nice little album, got a 2-pack CD featuring it and Wild Honey for 1€ in a park sale

>Carl described the end product as "a bunt instead of a grand slam"

I feel like the SS versions of the songs planned for SMiLE are disappointing, to me, the whole album feels like blue balls when you compare it to SMiLE. I'm supposing OP asked if it's worth a try because he has already listened to SMiLE (If you haven't do it right now).

>if you really want psych Beach Boys, listen to Surf's Up
>imblying surfs up is more psychedelic than smiley smile
smiley smile is literally the druggiest album the beach boys ever put out

This is how I feel about the Smile Sessions after getting into BWP Smile

all 3 of them shine in different ways
obviously BWP Smile's version of good vibrations isnt as good as the others
Wonderful and Vegetables are best on Smiley Smile
other than that though, i think BWP Smile and Smile Sessions are pretty interchangeable, whichever im in the mood for.

you're an idiot and that's an objective fact. Smiley Smile is LEAGUES better than that Mike Love bastardization known as SMiLe

For sure. The harmonies on Little Pad and With Me Tonight, among others of course, are amazing. I really like Smiley's Vegetables, but I would recommend switching it out for the extended cut of it featured on Hawthorne Boulevard and recently the Sunshine Tomorrow set. I don't know why they didn't use that in the first place.

Are you retarded?

You're talking about the SMiLE sessions, because SMiLe never got finished.

It's literally 30 minutes. Just listen to it

Yeah it's got its own charm. It's short and (ironically) might be the most far out and experimental album the beach boys ever put out, finally delivering on the promise of barbershop meets acid.

That said, it's not my favorite.

Ignore all the posters who implore you to ignore it, and listen to The Smile Sessions, instead.

In spite of, and despite the flaws, this actually is a very good album.

>trying an album
Just fucking listen to it

>literally ever Mike Love hater
Mike Love and the Beach Boys were way more involved in Smiley Smile than Smile. Which is ironic since it is stranger and more avant garde than Smile would have been

i MUCH prefer smile, smiley smile is like very weird to me... smile at least was coherent pop music

Are you plain stoopid? It's Brian Wilson from the madhouse. Excellent album.