Old-rap

i think it's time for a new sub-genre of rap. more mature, introspective, older sound rappers with less emphasis on flow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d3q_0UP6sck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this year has been big for it.

>i think it's time for a new sub-genre of rap
no lets not turn rap into fucking rock with all the useless subgenres to hold you white ppls autism.

this dropped a few years ago. and now em's new single evokes the same vibes. complete honesty and this sort of elderly bite. nothing is off limits.

there's nothing mature or introspective about hopsin. he's on the same level as a lil rapper. do you see what the three albums i listed have in common?

god we're really doing dad rap
nothing kills a genre faster than dads

whats mature about earl talking about having sex and doing xanax?

also the album is literally titled earl stays inside hiding from the world like a coward.

his perspective on those topics.

and yet 4:44 is raoty

Im just trying to make a point about what happens when you try to force these things, the more important question is why are you judging art by its subject matter? if you want subject matter read an essay dude.

whats mature about it?

he ponders them from multiple angles. they're not boiled down to youthful hedonism like with most rappers. that's what old people do. they've lived so long that they have a deeper understanding of life. earl knows he sounds like an old nigga sometimes too. he has a bar in this song

youtube.com/watch?v=d3q_0UP6sck

that references his precociousness.

in rap, subject matter is sometimes almost as important as sonics.

and quite tell how old are you?

desu the sole reason for me loving this album is how personal it feels.

Earl produced it himself and he just sounds so more 'real' than on his other releases.

Fuck this thing about making a new sub-genre just to classify this kind of stuff. It's hip hop, very simple. Sure you can add some other terms, like lo-fi hip hop(because alot of the songs have an obvious lo-fidelity character to them) but to create a whole new sub-genre is just ridiculous.

im 24, but how is that relevant? im not claiming to be a wise old man. im saying earl, jay, and gil are.

>im not claiming to be a wise old man.
exactly. wise recognize wise. you aren't wise.

In terms of societal impact? Yes, but no art should be judged by its subject matter, for example Rubens massacre of the innocents shouldn't lose anything to someone who does not believe in god. If in a thousand years no one has religion it will still be a good painting. Im not trying to say that anything is objective here just that if you relaxed and just tried to enjoy the artistry of something you might find more enjoyment.

sounds like you would fucking love Ka if you don't already now him

Honor Killed the Samurai and The Knight's Gambit are two of the best hip-hop releases of the decade

I think this sort of exists already with artists like Billy woods, open Mike eagle milo quelle Chris ect, it just doesn't have a name yet.

i haven't read your post, or read anything relating to this argument, just wanted to thank you for posting this painting, it's pretty good and my new desktop wallpaper.
Have this other pretty good painting in exchange.

You're welcome man always nice to find someone who appreciates visual art, doesn't get enough attention these days IMO.

well you're late on that because rap has subgenres

neither are you. in fact i guarantee that you are a white teenager so please stop embarrassing yourself by typing like that