New LotR Beren and Luthien spinoff being released by Tolkien

>New LotR Beren and Luthien spinoff being released by Tolkien
>People are already talking about a movie
>Articles are saying the original movies should be remade with a more diverse cast of women and minorites to accompany the new spinoff

IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mAKOs1Zm5Fo
youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs
youtube.com/watch?v=3aB6CPyO0Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=17_ImViPryQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does anyone actually read this shit? The Silmarillion etc was published posthumously by his sperglord son.

christopher hates even the jackson movies

theres literally a negative chance of a movie being made

If this is another CGI shitfest like the hobbit count me out. The lotr trilogy had a lot of cgi but at least the fuckin orcs and people they fought were real and they filmed in actual locations and sets.

P.S. Aragorn the best and id watch any movie with more Rangers and less gay hobbits and elves

>Lord of the Rings will be remade in your lifetime

JUST

>aragorn will be a black guy
>legolas will be a woman
>all the hobbits will be flamboyant faggots

>>>Articles are saying the original movies should be remade with a more diverse cast of women and minorites to accompany the new spinoff

No, no. This can't be real.

>always a white cast
>diversity
>never Native Americans

As a Native American, I just don't get it.
It's still not diverse if you leave out other races.
Stick to the white people for all I care.
They took our land and I know he white people today weren't the white people that took the country long ago.
Why can't everyone else just grow a damn backbone and get over it?
If anyone should bitch about white people it's us Native Americans and I don't give a fuck if a movie is all white people.
Fuck the feminists and SJWs.
They're nothing but privileged hipsters.

Source or fuck off.

I doubt Christopher will allow it.

>LOTR is an english mythology
>"diversifying cast" would be cultural appropriation and ugh, insensitive

check mate

>doesnt link articles

kys

White people don't have any culture shitlord.

youtu.be/mAKOs1Zm5Fo

>no link
faggot.

>Articles are saying the original movies should be remade with a more diverse cast of women and minorites to accompany the new spinoff
[citation needed]

What's next, "Annie" with a black girl?

That old clown will be dead soon.

the son thats inheriting the tolkien estate feels the same way

Where, in some obscure SJW tabloid?
I don't think anyone's willing to commit a shit ton of money to re-make LotR.

Fortunately Hackson and co. will never get their hands on it.

>The song of Lúthien before Mandos was the song most fair that ever in words was woven, and the song most sorrowful that ever the world shall hear. Unchanged, imperishable, it is sung still in Valinor beyond the hearing of the world, and listening the Valar are grieved. For Lúthien wove two themes of words, of the sorrow of the Eldar and the grief of Men, of the Two Kindreds that were made by Ilúvatar to dwell in Arda, the Kingdom of Earth amid the innumerable stars. And as she knelt before him her tears fell upon his feet like rain upon stones; and Mandos was moved to pity, who never before was so moved, nor has been since.

They wouldn't do it.
People don't want to see Sauron getting btfo'd by a doggo.

reminder that one of the most important characters in that story is a literal giant magic talking dog

They have the movie rights, so, you see, they can do whatever the fuck they want. It's not like they need to buy the rights to Lotr all over again you know.

That sounds awesome

We Harry Potter now

I doubt it.

Reminder that Sauron turns in to wolf form and fights him then gets his shit pushed in

Oh for fucks sake.
I hope Trump declares an extermination war on Hollywood and California before such a disgrace happens.

thats the reason hes inheriting

his older brother was supposed to, but he said he loved the lotr movies and would be open to working with hollywood again

christopher disinherited him

To be fair, he's only allowed to speak three times before dying

>more diverse cast of women and minorites
Women? What are they going to do, just arbitrarily make male characters into females?

based indian

>his older brother was supposed to, but he said he loved the lotr movies and would be open to working with hollywood again
>christopher disinherited him

SAVAGE

I do, Sauron a BITCH

The movies have hobbits, elves, dwarfs, men. Really diverse, Ive played D&D games with less diversity.

Don't worry, one day my dream of a Turok movie will come true.

Incorrect.

Who would you guys cast as Luthien

Bearing in mind that Luthien is considered among the elf and men as the most beautiful woman that ever existed

I thought it was more like a hellhound?

One of the many ways why it's unfilmable.

Lana Rhoades

I'm a guy and I could look like that if I lost a little weight

Idris Elba

Arwen is supposed to look a bit like her.
So, a young, better looking Liv Tyler I guess

:^)

Reminder that this is the canon Luthien

>our land

:(

Emily Rudd

Mah nigga

Dumb frogposter

who would you cast as beren?

Sarah Gideon, preferably current her and not her when her wop genes are more apparent.

Fuck, Gadon*, that is

There are literally more people in this thread being tirggered by this than there are people in the world who want this

This guy here

>they didn't learn

youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

>the tolkien estate
>ever licensing anything for film ever again
Pick one.

>>legolas will be a woman
Nah, nobody would notice the difference.

>tfw no Silmarillion adaptation

>No Silmaril crown for Morgoth
>Fingolfin not gleaming like a star
DROPPED

What, he does have the Silmaril crown, shitty eyesight you got there mate

Aragorn was an indian in the animated film you cuck.

Whatever those shitty jewels are supposed to be there sure as fuck are Silmarils.

Also he doesn't even have a fucking shield.

Never. Peter Jackson has more integrity than that and as said, Chris Tolkien, being the bitter fuck he is, would never, ever allow that.

is this one better, I made it just for you :^)

>>Articles are saying the original movies should be remade with a more diverse cast of women and minorites to accompany the new spinoff

is this a real new book like the one from 7ish years ago? I hope my library had it.
his son is just putting together old manuscripts. tolkien was super ocd about his world.

>Morgoth is a white male and Fingolfin is a black genderfluid woman

They're supposed to be Silmarils, you can say they're shitty, not that they're not there.
How about this one

ye thats better but my mans aint glowing

Huan was fucking badass.

How about now?

don't you have some drinking to do?

>hurr durr let me charge out and challenge Satan to single combat
Fucking hot headed Noldor.

Jesus what is this autism

>Christopher will allow what is essentially the love story of his parents to become sjw diversity propaganda shitfest
I highly doubt it

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH STOP SINGING AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>saying the original movies should be remade with a more diverse cast of women and minorites
Is anyone actually saying this? This sounds fucking insane

youtube.com/watch?v=3aB6CPyO0Ww

>Not stabbing the king of darkness in the leg

>more tolkien movies

PLEASE NO.

I want to remember silmarillion as depicted in the book, not a fucking diversity propaganda with mandatory comedy relief.

He did pretty good though
He made sure he limped his way to the end of the First Age

Oh shit nigga I just realised
youtube.com/watch?v=17_ImViPryQ
Reminder this was initially filmed as an Aragorn vs Sauron scene

THE FATE OF US ALL

Mm mm.

KEK

Make her completely CGI

>Reply
They're not. But Sup Forumstards want to believe they're under assault by a vast conspiracy so that feel important.

We never forgave, we never forgot

I am so glad the tolkien estate have withheld the rights to other the books. New Line and Jackson turned a masterpiece into a series of action movies.

The Silmarillion is like the bible of fantasy; greatness lies within but most lose interest after a couple of pages. I dont need see a movie with agings stars, bland leads and cgi out the whazoo.

Will the Tolkien estate allow that? Chris hates Hackson

Did anything ever really come of that besides a couple cunts getting some pity dough?

>

The Great Meme War

The Tolkien Estate will never allow a movie being made.

JRRT sold the movie rights for The Hobbit and LotR a long time ago, but everything else
is being actively protected against any adaptations.

If they could take his other stories and makes something that matches the quality of FotR, I would be OK with it.
But that is just wishful thinking and will never happen.

Speaking of LOTR,
I want to rewatch the movies again but what is the best version to download? I saw some screenshots here of the blu ray version having a blue filter or something. Is there a version in HD without shitty filters? Or do I have to find some 'despecialized' LOTR version?