/pod gen/

/pod gen/

top 5
>champs
>ymiw
>norm macdonald
>radiolab
>hannibal

one that you recommend very highly and think everyone should listen too with brief description

>hound tall
>moshe kasher gets an expert on a subject (harems, baseball, animal mind etc.) to try to explain whatever it is to mosher and 2-3 comedians while the comedians interupt nonstop but it ends up being pretty funny and interesting only wish they were longer.

post your own if you have one

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-552901045
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

forgot to put the link to mine

>soundcloud.com/user-552901045

also which is superior. i have to say nerdist just because of the guests, and i really hate CBB

favorite show on VPN?

best app

last bump i guess

top 5 no particular order:
comedy bang bang
hollywood handbook
monday morning pod
if i were you
hamish and andy

recommend:
boogie monster, kyle kinane's new podcast

BONUS RECOMMENDATION ROUND:
if you havent heard cashing in w tj miller, go back and listen

tell me your favorite and why you think people would like it. i guess that puts you on the earwolf squad then

sorry i didnt scroll enough i like kyle ill subscribe to his and ofc cashing in although that one can get a little rough but in a similar way to hollywood handbook.

oh i thought recommend was for something lesser known, but either way yeah boogie monster is good, even though its just two dudes dickin around. number 1 rec would be bill burr that dudes just undeniable funny

i had one of these going the other day and it seemed everyone loves burr, jre, and hardcore history. i never was a huge fan of burrs stand up (i dont dislike it it just never really resonated with me) and i didnt like hardcore history (cant listen to 1 person talk to himself) but i like the 2 people dicking around kind of thing like handsome rambler, hannibals new podcast

The ones I listen to on a consistent basis:

>We Hate Movies
>The Last Podcast on the Left
>The Giant Bomb/Beastcast(s)
>Sword and Scale
>FT Alphachat

I used to really like Film Junk too, but I find myself becoming more and more annoyed by the hosts of that show. I'll still sometimes tune in, but not as often as I once might.

>Sword and Scale

tell me about this it seems interesting

someone explain to me what the fuck this is and hwo it works on pandora

Favorite podcast theme song? There are so many it's hard to choose. I do really like the CBB theme though, perhaps more consistently than the show itself.

>exponent
>game informer show
>reply all
>this American life
>recode media

Pocket casts is where it's at

cbb shits on nerdist.
Cbb is legitimately funny while Nerdist has some neo nerd constantly interrupting his guests asking mundane questions.

nerdist the podcast certainly sucks i mean the nerdist network which has ymiw, hound tall, cashing in, and todd glass to name a few. earwolf also has some excellent shows but none that i still listen to desu

i need more radiolab anyone have any recs? ive heard every episode at least twice

One of my favorite podcasts is "The Tobolowsky Files". It's Character actor, Stephen Tobolowsky telling stories from his life. He is an amazing story teller, although it hasn't had a new episode in months, but there are new episodes coming out soon.

>but i like the 2 people dicking around
those conspiracy guys
2 irish lads .. funny and informative

Have you listened to their miniseries, "Radiolab Presenets: More Perfect". It's 6 episodes about the US Supreme Court. One of the most fascinating podcasts I've ever listened to.

sold hes a great actor. this is the kind of thing i like, i really love ymiw

which one is? billy?

of course! and ive been wondering when the rest is coming out but i guess it is only 6 episodes >.

also anyone else got their own?

is mine, start at season 2 and theyre only 30 minutes give it a chance it gets funnier as it goes on

Fuck Hardwick and Ray, what a waste of time. CBB is beyond amazing.

Literally the most obnoxious podcast teaser of all time.

again im talking the whole networks obviously the nerdist podcast sucks but they have a bunch of awesome podcasts on their network. CBB is definitely not even the top 3 shows on earwolf but im saying more general not just aukerman v hardwick

also who the fucks idea was it to have 4 people in a room for a fucking radio show that is way too many 2-3 tops

True crime podcast, each episode discusses a different case, sometimes there are multiple episodes given the severity of the case itself. Unlike TLPotL it's not "jokey" it's delivered a lot more seriously. Sometimes the host can interject their own opinions a little more than I am willing to give him credit for. I can forgive it a little more on LPotL, but give the "seriousness" attempting to be portrayed it's a little obnoxious on S&S. That said, I still listen to every episode.

Boogie Monster is fantastic, CBB will never be topped. HH is good sometimes

Superego is flawless
Pistol Shrimps Radio
Sword and Scale
My Favorite Murder
How Did This Get Made
I Was There Too
Welcome to Deadcast
My Brother My Brother and Me
CoolGames Inc
Lore
Getting On with James Urbaniak
Here Be Monsters
Hooray Show
Wits
Never Not Funny
The Dana Gould Hour

Wait, what? What other three shows on Earwolf even touch CBB? Not to say there aren't contenders but if you come at me with I4H or some other hit or miss cast, please don't even bother.

Aukerman is at least charismatic, and for every show that tanks based on chemistry or whathaveyou, there are 10 others that are full of classic bits.

hmm so is it supposed to be scary or spooky or whatever? i liked the first season of serial but that was more because of the narrative so im wondering how much i would enjoy it because i dont really listen to any podcasts that arent comedy other than radiolab. thank you very much for the explanation though do you have a recommendation on where to start for either of them?

give me a description on 1-3 of them (why are they amazing, why should i listen, that kind of thing) you seem to be way deeper in podcasts than i am so give me some recs.

my only thing with CBB is just that its really long and there are loads of episodes making it seem really inaccessible. i listened to some of my favorite comedians episode and theyre ok but not enough for me to just be a listener

and 3 i like more

>handsome rambler (even though it is brand new)
>hollwood handbook
>PFT

also which is why i like nerdist

>ymiw
>todd glass
>hound tall
>cashing in

and thats all i really listen to there i guess lol

Planet Money
EconTalk
Sam Harris
Common Sense

538 podcasts have great intro music. I like the "what's the point?" Into

I used to like Welcome to Night Vale, but for some reason I stopped listening after the Strex Corp thing and never picked it up again.

jesus who knew crime podcasts were the only thing more popular than bad movie podcasts

Not that guy but

Sword and Scale is meant to be chilling and pretty bare bones realistic, listening to 911 calls, interviews etc, if you're into that stuff it's pretty great.

Hm, I can try:
Superego is a concentrated set of sketches that are highly produced that rely on word-play and general silliness, if you're familiar at all with Matt Gourley or even the recently added PFT, you might really enjoy it for what it is.

CoolGames Inc is a podcast where two Polygon employees field ridiculous ideas for video games and pick the best to bring to (fictional) fruition, the humor leans toward the silly and sometimes obvious, but it's pretty entertaining.

Lore is somber and creepy, offering weird true stories as well as the truth behind things like Dracula, true crime, etc

Welcome to DeadCast is a humorous review of the Goosebumps book and tv show series of the 90s. Not for everyone, the hosts are hysterical and occasionally obnoxious, but I find that endearing where some may not.

I could go on...

Hardwick asks stupid fucking questions and is never once funny.

thank you i think superego is in my wheelhouse hopefully a little better than CBB

dont need the super realism appreciate the description and im not much of a video game guy but ive been told to check out Lore and DeadCast ill have to try because i definitely read a lot of those books when i was a kid im sure i would remember tid bits

I love Freakonomics radio.
Steven Dubner(journalist) and his partner Levitt (economist) make strange connections or talk about interesting topics. Almost every episode features an expert on x topic

>crime podcasts
>bad movie podcasts
What does that have to do with Night Vale?

oooo your going to be happy you came here.

first episode just aired dubners new npr game show i guess i havent had a chance to listen yet

DUDE MEXAMERICA WOULD BE DOPE LOL

Mad about movies is good.
I'm about to start Hardcore history.

also idk if you know but this exists and its actually not bad i think its on amazon vid

good luck i hope you dont mind listening to the same guy for 10 hours strait. im about to start the new malcom gladwell one called revisionist history i think that will provide what im looking for in that category

Knifepoint Horror and Chilling Tales for Dark Nights
RIP both.

>all those five hour episodes
The first long episode I listened to left me feeling weird and drained afterward, don't think I've ever sat down to something so long uninterrupted.

The Freakonomics movie is also on netflix.

Revisionist History is pretty good. Malcolm Gladwell is a great storyteller, and the things he talks about are interesting. He does get a bit preachy at times, especially during this mini-arc on Access to Education. But I'd still recommend it to anyone

Oh I thought we were talking the specific podcasts.
Otherwise, I'd say they're about even. I have a preference for Earwolf though because I'm really into comedians. I like HDTGM, CBB, Lauren Lapkus etc

Superego can be brilliant or hard to reach, but it's always worth listening, most of the bits land well. Highly structured, but not at all conversational like CBB.

Lore is good, set to be a tv show on Amazon next year.

DeadCast is fantastic if you remember any of that stuff at all, and they pull out all of Stine's repeated tropes (red heads, elbows and knees, weird clothing descriptions), which makes for hysterical content.

Knifepoint had a few good stories, but I couldn't get on board with all of them.

Anything similar to that other than the bore that is NoSleep?

What are the best D&D podcasts?

I go with those two for my horror stuff, both are still available despite not putting out new content. Chilling Tales is generally better than Knifepoint. Knifepoint is presented very well, creates a great atmosphere thanks to the format, but I can't recall a single story that doesn't leave you asking if that's it at the end. CTfDN is kind of the opposite, stories are generally better, though some aren't original. Production values are better, especially the final episode's production of Rime of the Ancient Mariner. There's some trash there, too, though, but not as bad as No Sleep.

The Chilling people started a new one called Simply Scary, which I'm yet to listen to, and there's an assload of stuff on their YouTube channel.

Apart from all that shit, I listen to Moonlit Road, which is a nice contrast from Knifepoint. Presented as being told a story like a local legend, all has a bit of a rural American flavour. It's quite novel, though maybe that's just because I'm in the UK and don't hear that sort of cajun(?) stuff much.

You can occasionally get decent horror on The Drabblecast (The Only Game In Town story in one episode is the only Lovecraftian horror story not by Lovecraft I've ever liked) or Dunesteef. The Truth is another general fiction podcast that's done some decent horror.

Lore is good for a bit of a horror mood, just a guy talking about folklore.

Night Fears is decent writing-wise, but the host's voice acting is often AWFUL. I hear he gets new readers a few episodes in, though.

im listening to this one now and it is perfect exactly what i wanted. had the narrative thread and the expert quality of radiolab without the sound design but its excellent

i only pick nerdist cos i cant listen to HDTGM anymore i probably listened to about 75 episodes and i just cant do it anymore

when is podcasting going to become mainstream? like when will there be a mix between sirius xm and netflix for cars with crazy podcasts by like justin beiber and jimmy fallon and podcast networks like disney podcasts.

should i get started inventing the sirius/netflix?

Sweet, thanks I'll be sure to check these out. Moonlit Road sounds interesting. Simply Scary too.

No, it's already a thing, and I don't think it'll go beyond that unless they revert to satellite radio, which would be bonkers.

>it's a female guest that's isn't Kathy Burke episode

Nerd Poker was bretty gud. Also RPG related, there was a series about a year ago by Nerdy Show Network where they played Call of Cthulhu and added sound effects to create the 1920s horror vibe and still being funny. I loved it

The Adventure Zone hands down.