Is he /OurGuy/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3PP_SWHUQQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

RELEASE THE FUCKING PODCAST ALREADY YOU FAT FUCK

Literally no one gives a fuck that you let some twink OD

100%

Here's the test.

Did you cry manly tears about 25 pages into his book?

If Yes, he is your guy
If No, you're a poseur

Idolizing Norm as a kid but you know you've grown up when Adam Eget makes more sense

no, we are /HisGuys/

ALL THE STARS ARE HERE

What in the book would make you cry? He is joking about almost everything

His father explaining to boy Norm the cycle of life and death at old Jack's funeral. Doesnt matter if it's true or not, or humorous, there's still real pathos.

he's writing a country album right now, settle down

There's episodes in the can you dumb faggot, they just won't release them

whoa, in the can, do you work in show biz?

fundamentalist christian who doesn't believe in dna? naw breh

He's gotta be trolling us with the new podcast season right? well done

That's all part of the wind-up, a funeral for the man who raped him who is thought about so kindly by his parents, and norm's oblivious repression of the trauma. It's not supposed to be taken seriously my man

Are the Dirty Johnny and Albert Fish bits Norm's best jokes?

I'm tearing up right now.

>no one gives a fuck you let some twink OD

huh?

Because it's fictitious it can't be moving? Its beautifully written and poignant.

not because it's fictitious, but because that's literally Norm's style of humor. He creates a character that is naive and ill-adjusted to the real world, and plods through an existence with grand forces of tragedy and providence in his own singular, small-town, conservative worldview. The entirety of the first quarter of the book is a long bit about him growing up in a world where grim circumstances were happening beyond his childhood wherewithal to comprehend them. It's well-written but again, he deliberately writes in a poetic, waxing fashion to imitate the precious style of so many other autobiographies whose authors try to infuse some grand pontification about their lives to an audience. It's all a joke dude

>upper lip

Norm's son's friend died in Norm's apartment. Norm was practically his dad.

ah. didnt hear about that. Shame, his gay son has been through a lot.

I don't understand the impasse here. I agree with everything you're saying but like Chaplin, Mark Twain and other humorists, his gags can elicit some pathos.

I'm far from the only one to have commented on this from this book. The moth story is beautifully written as well as a lot of other stuff. Norm's apparently ok with my opinion.

well, I mean, I would retweet that too nomatter what i thought of the opinion. But fair enough man, I guess his stuff can elicit emotional response too

NORM YOU FAT FUCK

different user here but the moth gag is a purposeful parody of tolstoy and russian tragic literature, which norm was a huge fan of

He actually seems pretty serious about the religious stuff (he explains it pretty well on Marc Maron's podcast), but he's not a fundie, and he definitely believes in DNA (that quote was taken out of context).

>cry manly tears

Christ millennials are pure cancer

if you ever hear him tell it live (he does so on conan), he does it with a big dumb fucking grin on his face lol

According to his latest interview on Larry King he's not a practicing catholic anymore and even consults a rabbi

Norm is one of those guys who found intellectualism late in life, and is now going overboard into the 'hey man all relijuns have something to offer" state. You'll see him callously namedrop literature in interviews like Nabokov's Speak, Memory, knowing most people won't catch the reference but doing it anyway to show you that he is a learned man

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3PP_SWHUQQ

you tell me

fucking based

Looks like psoriasis. I'm sure he's on Humira by now.

>People always told me Hollywood was incredible liberal and biased and I thought it was untrue, but you...

>pure cancer

That's a way lamer, and more millennial, turn of phrase than "manly tears."

Yeah, he channels that style perfectly.

>saying he is too stupid to do well on Millionaire
>he wins $500,000

Moth Joke
Welder Joke
David Hasselhof
Frank Stallone
OJ
Michael Jackson