Has anybody here listened to this? I seriously can't believe how good it is. Anybody know some similar musicians?

Has anybody here listened to this? I seriously can't believe how good it is. Anybody know some similar musicians?

Other urls found in this thread:

cavernofantimatter.com/
dominorecordco.com/artists/pram/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, nobody on Sup Forums has ever listened to Stereolab. Go listen to some Broadcast OP.

cavernofantimatter.com/

dominorecordco.com/artists/pram/

And what they said

StereoWHO? More like RADIOHEAD

>Ultra High Frequency Disks
>Disk

Triggered.

Check out the rest of their discography first of all, emperor tomato ketchup is my favorite. Also Cocteau Twins if you haven't heard them

Broadcast - Stereolab but dreamier
Pram - Stereolab but creepier
Th Faith Healers - Stereolab but noisier

I remember the first time i listened to this i loved it. Unfortunately the appeal doesn't last long.

this

>Has anybody here listened to this?
>Has Sup Forums ever listened to literal Sup Forumscore?
Who the fuck do you think you are?

The appeal tends to last as long as one does in bed, I've found

Refractions in the Plastic Pulse is the best thing they ever did but as a whole I like it less than the other "peak era" Stereolab albums, it's a bit on and off for me.

>Has anybody here listened to this?
lol

Listen to Saint Etienne instead, OP.

I know OP. It's just perfect
Sure, it's not the most technically innovative Stereolab album, but fuck, it is so tight, the flow it's so natural and easy, and the loop based production is fucking unreal

Maybe it's because I'm from South America, but I find it interesting that this album isn't so highly regarded by most Stereolab fans that I've talked, or the ones that post here. To me, it's miles ahead of anything else they did. I went through a phase where I listened to it EVERY DAY at work for at least 5 months. I still listen to it once a week or so

tl;dr: It's a perfect album

the start of their decline. Listen to Pram

I seriously can't believe how incredibly repetitive and monotone it is

Cavern Of Anti-Matter is actually partially Stereolabs former drummer Joe Dillworth.

this is how i felt desu. i gave the album a few chances but nothing about it ever stood out to me. which i found odd because i really loved transient random noise bursts and emperor tomato ketchup. i got to dots & loops and just never felt like pushing through the rest of their discog because of how bland that album was

It's pretty good. Honestly, I haven't listened to it in some time. But if you're looking for a similar style to Stereolab overall, you might enjoy Ladytron or Miss Kittin

All time favorite.

Listen to the High Llamas, Faust, and Neu!.

Well, Dots & Loops marks a break away from the rawer, noisier tendencies of the band's krautrock heritage. Compared to those albums you mentioned Dots & Loops is pretty damn slick and it definitely marked a turning point for the band's sound. I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. If you don't like Dots & Loops then most of what came after probably isn't worth looking into. Margerine Eclipse is surprisingly solid and Chemical Chords is substantially tighter and poppier than anything before it, but beyond that you aren't missing much.

Can anyone here give me some good recommendations for French speaking bands similar to this style? My girlfriend is a French major in college and asked me if i knew any French speaking "alternative" rock and I gave her this and Melody's Echo Chamber. Im curious if there's any other good French stuff like this.

Fuck this wrong opinion.

Cobras and Phases is the best they've done.