Sup Sup Forums

Sup Sup Forums

For the next few hours I'll be telling fortunes, just ask for one and you will receive.

If my assistant joins us, we'll have two kinds of fortunes - Nordic runes and Celtic Ogham. They're very similar styles, it's just a case of preference. Please ask for the type of reading you want, as overlapping readings tend to be a bad idea.

Finally, please try to avoid asking yes or no questions if at all possible. You're much more likely to get an accurate reading if you ask how something will go than if you ask "will this work?"

We'll also be around for a general chat and advice if you'd like it.

i'll have a reading.

and i guess ill stay for a chat.

so how does this reading thing work? do i ask a question and you tell me my fortune or is it just ambiguous

You can ask for a general fortune, or for a specific question to be answered.

As for the chat part, how's your day going?

Someone didn't bribe the mods with tendies today.

hrm.
ill go with a question, if you would:
will i get a job in the next 2 months?

my day is going alright.
helped a few people today, just not really feeling up to it.
wby? how have you been?

What's all this?! I want Alice.

I'd like a general fortune too please :D

Luis, a feda indicating protection, safety, that you're shielded from harm. In this context, it would mean that you're going to find a stable job in the future, that you'll have some kind of security in your attempts to look for employment.

The fuck is Alice?

I'll ask a question of the fortune-telling foxgirl too.

General fortune would be nice too.

"How will my piloting in the next year go? Will I stay safe?"

Oh, I forgot to answer! I've been pretty good, pretty good. Been running these threads half the time that I haven't been busy these past couple of days.

Beth reversed, signifying stagnation and needing to let go of the past. You'll need to be careful not to get caught up in things in the future, and try to leave your past behind you so that you can get the most out of life.

The foxgirl is this one where I am the wolf. The fox gives nordic fortunes, I give celtic ones. I don't know which you meant, so make your choice.

Yes please. Nordic runes.

Also, I'm not at all kidding or trying to troll you. Complete legitimate scenario I want advice on because I'm really nervous about it:

I have someone who wants to come over and have me suck them off if their car, with a condom on. It's not something I've really done, but have fantasized about it. I'm nervous something bad could happen.
If I have him come by, how would it go? Like, would we be caught or have something negative happen?

General fortune I think? (I’ve never done this before) what does my future have in store for me? Anything i should prepare for?

Can I have a general fortune? It doesn't matter if it's the Nordic or Celtic thing to me.

Tinne, a feda representing challenge. You'll find struggles in the future, a test of sorts. Don't be afraid to take action and look after yourself.

How will my (nonexistant) love-life go?

Oh, right, I'll be letting Wolf take all general inquiries. If someone would like a Nordic rune reading, please be sure to ask for it.

Eihwaz. The cycle of life and death. From the sounds of it, one opportunity will close, another will open.

I envy you user, I've always wanted to be a pilot. But being poverty ridden has made that a fleeting dream. Fly high and fast for me a few times, ya?

Inguz. The rune of fertility and ancestry.
This rune represents sexuality, and given the context, I think it means to say that you'll be fine doing this.

interesting.
that is rather reassuring, thank you.

you've now perked my curiosity.
where did you learn how to do this?

oh.
what have you been doing the other half of the time

>>>pro skill: multi-conversationalist

are you the faggot who keeps flying over my house.

if so i have a fortune for you.
its bad, it end in death

Thanks for reading my future!
Also how are you today?

Celtic-fortune me up, hound of ulster.

How will things go with her? If I get her, how? If not, where will I go wrong?

What kind of thing will I be doing in the future? Like life goals?

General fortune, how will my life go for the next 5 years?

Thank you. I'll make sure to soar for you.
Though the prediction is kinda spooky, as there's this cargo operation down in San Juan that i've been offered a position for, and I don't wanna fuck it up.

I'm absolutely that flying faggot.
If you see me chucking toilet paper rolls out the window you'll know for sure.

Onn, a feda representing sexuality and passion. This could mean that your sex life with thrive, maybe if you're not in a relationship you'll find someone that pleases you sexually. Another meaning could be that you'll be in a position in the future where you're able to follow your passions and do what you want most in life.

Beth, a feda of birth and new beginnings. You'll find yourself starting on something new, in this context probably finding a person to begin a new relationship with. You may also find yourself developing and evolving because of it.

Well, I'm someone that follows Celtic Reconstructionist traditions, so that helped me approach this. I did research, reading up the meanings of the feda and learning how to cast them. And eventually I was here. I had a past in runecasting and a bit of tarot, so it didn't take much to adjust.

For the most part I'm doing things in FF14 with my friends. Outside of that I'm pretty sure I'm meant to be a student, somehow.

also any style is fine but nordic runes if you want me to choose one

I'm doing good, doing good! Quite a relaxed day. Though, this thread is less relaxed due to lazy foxes.

Quert reversed. Oh dear... You're going to have to be rather careful, or you'll become quite sick soon. Look after yourself and do things to keep your strength up.

Eadha, representing fear and facing your fear. I imagine you're nervous right now, you're worried that things are going to go wrong. You need to have courage in your pursuit, and you'll be able to find success.

Muin, which symbolises the completion of a project. I think that in the near future you'll find something that you feel like you can devote your time to, and that will bloom into something worth doing for the rest of your life.

Thanks user. I'm your first reaponse, and passion would fill out many aspects of my life. Appreciate ya.

I'd like Celtic ogham general fortune please

I wish I had better news for you than this suggests. I draw Nion reversed, and it suggests that you won't have much control over your life over the next few years. It'll be chaotic, and you must keep control over what you can or you'll be overwhelmed.

you cheeky cunt.
i may actually grow to like you if you manage to dodge to bullet

huh, i'm gonna take a guess and say you're european. if i'm wrong please tell.
but i wanna take a further guess and say, uk?

let me ask, how long did it take to learn all this?
estimate if you have to.
the reason im asking is because i've wanted to learn about tarot for a while now, but never really knew if it was worth approaching.

if you don't mind me asking, what are you a student of?

sorry if i'm asking too much.
you just seem like a very interesting person

Thank you for the reading

No problem, I hope it comes true for you

Tinne reversed. You need to be careful in whatever you do. You'll find at some point that something will be very difficult for you, maybe you'll feel attacked by it. Don't hesitate to fall back and work on looking after yourself before reapproaching the situation.

Scotland, to be exact.

I've spent a couple of months on this now really, after a year of having practised with Nordic runes. The fox can tell you more about tarot than I can, she's had experience.

I'm a computer science student, a pretty common field really. I'm honestly thinking about dropping out though and learning a trade or something. I don't think computers are really for me any more.

>lazy
Well sorry for thinking you might actually want to tell fortunes rather than sit on the sideline this time. Hmph.

Thanks user.
>San Juan
SoCal?

>Implying she's learned all hers by heart
To give an estimation, it took me about 3 weeks for mine, at 8 runes per week. 4 days of Work runes a day, a day of review, 2 days of rest. Then a fourth week for total review, and even then I still second guess between a few with similar names or symbols.

How's my fortune in general? For next 3 years?

I would like a Nordic general fortune please, just to see what life will be in the next couple of years

I already got a fortune in this thread but I was wondering if I could get a general fortune this time?

Between all the paperwork and such, as well as the actual trip, how will my Foreign Exchange Experience be like?

I mean that'd be fine if people weren't specifically asking for Ogham now! I invited you here to assist dammit!

And I so have learned mine by heart! I just have things to stop me from slipping up.

Ruis. This signifies regrets, potentially that you'll do something that you'll come to regret, but it could also be that you'll be held down by regrets that you have, making you blind to some opportunities.

But what should I do to avoid getting held down by my regrets?

Going for a year-long trip in a month. Can you do a general fortune for me for the next two years?

Puerto Rico.
I'd be flying supplies down to all those islands down in the Caribbean that got fucked over by those storms.

Tiwwaz upright. This represents justice, honor, and a fight of sorts. Possibly a legal battle that will go in your favor, regardless, whatever it is, it shall favor you. Do not let your guard down however, as this does not signify a promised win.

Since when? I thought you were still studying.

Ah, a noble flight indeed. I wish you well on such an endevour user.

Will things go well for me?

Will I get my dream car before I die

Nice dubs, and thanks for the fortune, i dunno why but it really made me feel confident, i was needing that, tanks again user.

When will I die?

what do you think? Is that good or bad?

so, why are you posting so late?
its 4 in the bloody morning.

so, not as long as i would of thought.
i might take it up then.

if you're young enough to go to college for free.
id recommend taking up philosophy.
its not something you need. i just found it fun.
if not, try office jobs. number crunching, data sorting n shit.
easy job, high pay. pretty good.

with the generalised statistics you have given me. i would say it would take me about 4 months.
just because i would do a lot of research on the history and origin of it all.

thanks for telling me.

can i ask about your day?

One of my exes just got out of jail, what could be an outcome of getting back with him?

I'm gonna leave the general ones to the fox for the next hour, neither of us expected the Celtic ones to be so popular and I need to slow it down for a bit.

Quert, which represents health and vitality. I can't tell you a lot about your future, but you shouldn't face any health problems during it, and any health problems you do have may improve. In fact, you'll probably feel better than you have before.

Straif reversed. I haven't actually gotten this one before in any of my casts, but it's not one that sounds good on the outset. Your way of life will be threatened, but then with a foreign exchange experience I think it goes without saying. I think, or at least my interpretation of this, is that your life will change because of it, for better or worse.

I think that's something only you can know. But what I've found helps is to come to terms with your decisions, understand why you made them and understand that you made them for what you thought was a good reason at the time.

I think that depends on how you interpret it. Personally, I'd see it as good because you're now aware of its prediction. If you come up to difficulty, you'll know that it's time to step back and gather yourself before tackling it.

Will my current choices in my life benefit me in the future? Nordic, please.

I learned by doing! I remember the meanings of most of them at this point.

I'm kind of nocturnal. Blame the fox for that one.

Honestly I feel the need to do something active now instead of sitting around in an office all day. It just isn't for me any more.

I needs know, what car is your dream user?

Any time, user. We do these almost nightly around the same time.

Tarot has vastly more card to learn if you're learning a full deck. When I did it, I simply focused on the main cards. I got some scarily accurate results from them, but I just couldn't memorize a whole deck of 50+ cards.
I'm studying the entirety of Nordic culture, so runes were a natural choice for me to stick with.

My day has been the more of the same, save that I have to get some car stuff taken care of tomorrow. Dumb mistakes costing me money and all.

Thanks, buddy. Have a wonderful evening

i cant talk to my friend ive known for four years, school is a pain in the ass, been stressing me out for a while, and people are overall fucking assholes to me. im a betafag yes but im the nicest person youd prolly ever meet. been thinking if i should still be nice or not bc "nice guys finish last". been stressed about that shit lately. will things lighten up for me?

Gebo. The rune of gifts. This can be taken that life shall gift you for you choices. But let's draw a second rune for more context.
Mannaz upright. This is the rune of humanity and talents. So with these together, I can say that life will gift you with talents that will benefit you in the future.

Are you perhaps taking some kind of class or studying something for the future?

yeah, i've been looking into future job options that would be nice for me. but also with all the decisions I make I just want confirmation that I'm on a good path. Thanks a lot, this really helped.

I don't know if you want a fortune for that, but as far as a response goes... I was one of those people, honestly. I didn't have many friends, things were difficult for me, people were absolute fucking cunts. And honestly, I finished school and things started turning out right for me. I chose a career path that surrounded me with like-minded individuals, and from there I made a bunch of friends. Admittedly, I don't see them much lately because of my sleep schedule, but they're always there when we can make time for each other. And I also got a cute as fuck girlfriend despite being 'beta' as fuck. If people get to know you it don't matter if you're alpha or beta, it matters who you are as a person.

so... what time do you usually wake up now?
just trying to figure out how i've missed these threads up till now.

you could try argos, they always need more people.
or get into the glass business. not many people know this but its thriving right now.

eh, it only took me 6 months to memorise all the pokemon and their stats.
though i go back on my 4 months statement.
i forgot how much history tarot cards have.
i'd say 8, maybe 10 months.
could still do it.

i do love nordic myths.
i especially like the balder set up to ragnarok and loki being a dick.

huh.
if you dont mind me asking, what car do you have?
you dont need to answer if if you dont want to.

I wake up at about 10pm, these threads tend to run from 3am until they die down.

I'll probably look into an apprenticeship of some kind, if it's available to me. I'm thinking of something like a communications technician, because it still fits the kind of area that I'm in, but is a little more practical-based.

General fortune for my life in the next couple years? Drofting aimless now. Celtic pls

Algiz upright. The rune of protection. Things will go well for you, but only if you do not slack. Your endevour shall be favorable, but not gaurenteed.

Othila upright. The rune of the home. Uhh, I guess you won't be dying soon I'd take it.

Sowulo. The rune of guidance and growth. For such a matter, you may want to ask a professional, or perhaps close friends their opinions. However this rune is generally a rune of positivity, so it could aslo signify that things will go well if you do.

Ehwaz reversed.
This is abrune of mobility, however reversed it represents stagnation. I can take this to mean you've been the nice guy for too long, and it's probably time to let people know that you're not one to just be walked over. If you do nothing, nothing shall change.

That's pretty impressive to be honest. What's your favorite, if you don't mind me asking?

Balder's was interesting, from the little I've managed to read thus far. I haven't gotten too in depth of the myths yet, as I'm trying to learn more of the culture itself. Gives a view on how the myths came to be before reading them.

You can probably guess rather easily, as youve probably already figured me out.

I'd love to have one if you may.

Fuck I forgot, if I could have a reading about my future and my career?

ill only really be nice to the people i care about. thank you for the fortune man. im hoping things get better for me once im done with school. hopefully i can actually meet people instead of losing them to a fuckig curse that i have.

Mannaz upright. This is the rune of humanity and individual talents. So this rune signifies that now is the time to Foster your skills, hone them like a blade. They shall lead you to a successful career, so long as you don't waste them.

Honestly, you can be nice to everyone. But there needs be at like. Somewhere it goes from being nice, to being a doormat. Hard to say where that line is for you, but I'm sure you can figure it out, I'm sure you can.
School can be tough man, ask the Wolf all about it. A suggestion I give to many is to find a hobby, something you can feel included into. It makes for good conversation and leads to stronger bonds.

how will this next week go for me?

nGétal, which, above other things, suggests a cleansing, a letting go of anything holding you back and negativity. You need to find aim for the future by casting off the things dragging you down. It also has a meaning of medicine. If you're looking for a goal, I'd suggest that you look into shaping your future around caring for others in some way, and that may help you find the sense of purpose you seem to feel you lack.

OH MY GOD THAT'S ADORABLE!

Jera. The rune of the harvest. You'll be collecting the fruits of your labor. Things you've been working for will finally come to completion.
On the flip side, if there's seeds of chaos or hate that have been planted, they too shall sprout and could make for a rather hectic time.
The general theme is simply "reap what you sow", so think on it a bit user, and you'll know which one you're facing.

ah, that would make sense.
recently i've been going to sleep around 10 ish.
but it changes every two weeks, i have something i like to call a rotational sleep pattern.
i call it that because i never sleep at the same time twice in a row, and it tends to move to later and later on the clock. which means i wake up later.
if you monitored it on a clock you would see it move around it clock wise.

good thinking.
the military are always employing. or you could go private.
bit of a harder market though.

my favourite would have to be umbreon.
a few reasons.
when i was younger it was the first eeveelution i got since i played at night and didn't know about stones since i had no friends, no internet and skipped all the text.
and i love how its one of the best tanks in the modern metagame, but no one usually remembers it.

>Gives a view on how the myths came to be before reading them.
i'm sorry i must be misinterpreting this.
are you asking about the origin of the myths or about the story of how the mythological world came to be.

i'm actually not that good with cars.
everytime i guess, i think volvo or toyota. im pretty much always wrong.

I'll probably go private, it likely pays more and to be honest I'm not too fond of the idea of any kind of military stuff. Isn't the life for me.

>my favourite would have to be umbreon.
WHY IS IT ALWAYS AN EEVEE

please tell me how my ex fiance is going to end up after she left me for some internet fag in another state?

Gayyy

Mines Sylveon. Just kinda fell in love with it for how cute it was, then learning how you got one made me love it all the more. I've had the same one since X/Y, but I haven't really played any of the recent games, so...
>I have a Sylveon jacket, 3 plushies, and a keychain

Ah, my wording is terrible. I meant more that when you know the culture behind the myths, they take on a more solid form. Given reason and meaning, rather than just being mere fantasy stories to tell children before bed. If that makes sense.

Ah. Well I have an 2000 Integra coupe. A stupid mistake on my end has made me need to get my whole engine bay cleaned. Luckily, nothing was damage. Just a bit of lost oil and a mess.

Fehu reversed. This represents greed and can be the cause of much strife. I'm sure you can figure this one out without my interpretation.

Can you tell my fortune

ah ok.
good thinking.
prepare yourself to be shot down a lot though.
that's just the way the private market is.
not saying anything about your skill, its just common for people to be rejected 6-7 times before getting a place.

>WHY IS IT ALWAYS AN EEVEE
CUZ YOU CAN FIT ONE INTO ANY TEAM.

damn, sylveon.
tbh, i hated the introduction of fairy, and have hated the type since.
going as far as refusing to use any fairy type in my teams.
but i must commend it for implementing a use for poison type

ಠ~ಠ
im even more confused.

a honda, that looks like a volvo.
could of picked a better car

Oh I'm aware, but that's how anything is. Just gotta keep trying.

IT'S THE FACT THAT WE ALL LOVE EEVEES

In going to fail the math course in my next university cycle, also I'm going to find someone important in my line in the future? Thanks in advance.

Naudiz. The rune of need. You'll be bound by circumstances, either of your own doing or not. It will be very tough for you, and a wrong move could be disasterous. But if you make it through, you'll be all the better off.

What can I say, I like cute things.
And poison pls go.

Uhhh, it just helps give more nderstanding to the myths I guess is what I'm saying simply.

What Volvo looks like an Integra?

Dagaz. The rune of enlightenment. This can signify that you'll pass it and in doing so, find someone to brighten your life. Truly a positive rune.

My ex is seeing me this Sunday to talk things over about our breakup and possibly get back together. How will Sunday turn out for me?

Yay, thanks

I am going through a child custody battle, what do the runes say of this?

Will the girl I love ever love me back?

What is the future of my transportation and how will my transportation go?

The Wolf shall be taking over general readings now.

Mannaz upright. This rune is generally the rune of talent, however it is also a rune of humanity. With this, I can suggest that you seek the help of those around you. Do so, and you shall prevail. Get essays and testimonies from those that can support you and vouch for you, and things will work in your favor.

thats the kind of perseverance i need.
shame im addicted to wasting time.
good for you though.

THEY GOT IT ALL.
CUTENESS
STATS
MOVESETS

>we dont talk about flareon

fair nuff.

i'm still not catching your drift.
how about this.
you ask me questions about the myths, and i'll answer them if i can.
though i will say the information about the myths is pretty scarce compared to other mythological world, such as roman or greek.
so you may not get the answers you're looking for.

anything from the s range, though i will say volvo's are more masculine looking

This is a nice thread. I'd love a read of my new internship, is it where I'm supposed to be headed with my life?

No Roman oracle? Bad omens come to you, barbar.

I guess that's good, I don't typically have good luck when it comes to this, but thank you. I appreciate the reading.

What is in store for my boring life?

If I had to guess, it's more Sup Forums.

Isn't that why we are all here?

Hmm, think of it in a time difference mindset. Most today see the myths as mere stories. But the people of the past saw them as truths. Learning more about the culture helps understand why they saw and believed what they did.
And alright, what do you know about Odin retrieving the runes from Mimirs well?

I think you're confusing the front ends. Mine is pic related.

My brother has had quite some dealings in court recently, and I found that testimonies from people can be used as leverage in such things. If you get a bunch of people saying good things about you and saying why you should have custody, it can help immensly.

The Roman Oracle? Forgive me user, I only know of so many systems of divination. How does this one work?

Well, I don't typically know many people. Mostly just family.
She took all our friends when we split, so I'm forced to go it alone in a sense.

Is this a new thing? how long have you guys been doing these threads?

Tagging back in!

Ruis reversed, a feda that represents settling accounts. At the very least, you're going to find closure from this and a way to move forward. It also suggests addressing regrets, so I feel like what the ogham is telling us here is that you do need to take an honest approach at addressing what happened between the two of you to cause your breakup.

Úr, the feda of lovers and partnership, suggests that you have a chance here. However, it also suggest fruitful relationships in general, so it may be that you get something from it that you don't intend to but has value of its own, like a strong friendship.

Eadha. You'll find something that gives you a need for courage, something that makes you face your fears and test you. What it'll be, I cannot say.

Mine is Glaceon. Such a cute.

Nion, a feda that suggests growth and reaching your potential. Your internship will help you grow as a person and get where you should be in life.

Invader begone.

Muin reversed, suggesting a rootless existence, of excess and the consequences of it. If you continue on your course, just sitting there and on Sup Forums, then you're not going to go anywhere but where you are.

...are you who I think you are? Can't be...

Two days ago, we started. Though the fox did tarot a year or two ago as well.

Hmmm, then family may be who you must turn to. And if not them, then you truly are in a predicament. You may have some talents after all that will help, if the rune did not mean to turn to others.

This would be our third thread. We have one done one per day.

How is my depression going to be in the future?

How will I progress towards my aspirations?

Nordic runes please:

Am I going to have any big change this year? Will I levave/be fire from my job?

>something that makes you face your fears and test you.
That'd have to be a hell of a thing.