Who do you guys have for internet service? Spectrum is complete shit and with the price increase I really want to cancel

Who do you guys have for internet service? Spectrum is complete shit and with the price increase I really want to cancel

Yea, they raised the price on me too. But in this area the other providers are not much better!

All the local places here suck ass over here. Do you think there's any way to lower the price?

if u have xfinity available, then thats what I would use, considering the plan adds cell phone lines for fucking nothing so end up saving more money and the speed is substantially better, the customer service is shit though lol

I work for spectrum so #freeinternet, also we have plans for gigabit internet to come out (not supposed to tell)

Time Warner and Verizon boned us all when they sold off. You're fucked.

Care to share more info on it?

That'll take ages. I'm still waiting for my free 100Mbps upgrade.

People been complaint about outages a lot. It because we are going all digital and adding bandwidth. Right now we could push out 750 mbps to each customer if we wanted. Capitalism comes into play tho and we milk your money. In about a year we should have a gigabit plan tho. Also we boost people's speed. You pay for 100 mbps but really we give you like 130

Get the fuck out of here, Comcast shill.

Where do you live about. About 98% of customer are in the area for 100/20

I work on the customer side of the demarc. You guys suck at your jobs.

We suck because of the new fucking vans are to talk. We've had about 40 guys hit basketball hoops with the damn vans

Tall**

Wyoming. The local branch always fucking drags their feet on stuff like this. When the 60 Mbps upgrade rolled out a few years ago they didn't bother telling us we needed to get a new modem, which caused all sorts of connection problems until I figured it out for myself.

I have a spectrum sub, the fuck lol?

That's why. We don't give a fuck about rural areas. Big cities is where the money is. Then there's NY because governed forced us to upgrade all of NY to 100 mbps bc of merger (I was formerly a Time Warner employe but then merger so now I'm spectrum)

Then why the fuck are you telling someone to use the most hated ISP in the world?

it is shit until you complain i now have two routers the connections is way better

This.
Spectrum workers know this but don't bother to tell. Have your modem in basement and a router for every floor of house.

because he was complaining about prices and xfinity is the cheapest service if you use their add a line for cellphones, fucking chill nigga

>how. they make profit? wtf!!!

Hardwired I get 500/25 from spectrum. Usually more like 430 down but still incredibly fast.

Moron, comcast and charter don't compete. So no, he doesn't have xfaggoty available, just autism spectrum.

If you have a tech come to your house. Say you know a spectrum guy and ask for bandwidth expansion (We can literally make your bandwidth go from a straw to a fucking 14 lane highway on the low low)

Where I live my only option is satellite so if it sucks I am stuck.
BTW they have been awesome for the 8 years I have had them.

Different user, also work for Charter. Gigabit is planned but of course only in select markets at first, where the plant and network can handle it.

Xfinity $50 for 200/80 in CA

ok bub

They basically have a monopoly where I am, so it doesn't matter what I think if I want decent internet.

Nah...it's just the way the industry is now. Too many subcontractors who are barely qualified to do their job and are using shitty old equipment to cut corners and save cash. Oh...and don't get me started on the shady shit Spectrum pulls trying to install APs in private businesses that don't service the client but leech off the electricity just in hopes that they can cover another small area someone might be stupid enough to pay for internet by the hour in. Go buy some fucking water tower space if you want a publicly accessible wifi network.

What region you in? I'm Western NY

We don't use contractors in my region

At the risk of sounding like a fucking moron, what advantage does that really give me if I have 500/25. I'm very interested now

Then you're lucky. In my area, pretty much every ISP relies primarily on contractors. And I live in a top 5 market.

Basically 2-4ms ping. Prob will get like 510 mbps

My region was a TWC region before spectrum came in. We still have same staff and everyone refuses contractors to be hired

I always see guys servicing my neighborhood, would u suggest I just go up to one as ask to increase bandwidth for the low

Become friends with one and casually ask if he can open up your bandwidth. Don't just striaght up ask. Ask about the future plans for the areas network and where the closet node is and stuff like that. Then ask him to open the bandwidth up

They've always been cool with me Everytime I upgrade or have issues so I'm sure I can get them to open bandwidth

Just ask nicely

i have comcast atm and it's pricey, but very very stable. 70usd for 150mbpsd

Have spectrum too, formerly TWC. It's a festering infected anus of a company, but our only other option is AT&T, which doesn't have the plans we need for our house