What the fuck did I just watch?

What the fuck did I just watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v9AWkqRwd1I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kino

Best Villeneuve kino
Confirmed by dubs

A dude trying to deal with the fact that he likes to fucks women and cant be "loyal", also trying to deal with the fact that he wants to squish the fuck out of her wifespider because he feels imprisoned in his marriage

The Magnum Opus of the greatest active filmmaker desu

kino, if I ever saw one

I know what I'm watching tonight, now.

No you don't

arachnokino

a capeshit made for fat dummies uni philosophy students cocaine addicts hipsters wannabies NEETS cucks who watch it only to pretend they are intelligent when reality says otherwise

youll waste your time, remember my post

>tfw love Villeneuve kino but I'm scared of spiders.

one of the most disgusting comments i've ever read

a mans inner conflict over leaving his lover to be faithful to his pregnant wife.

its not that hard to grasp.

It's an absurdist film, evidenced by the spontaneous spider at the end of the movie.

thats not what absurdism is.

In Soviet Russia, spider is scared of YOU

Why is it that everytime I watch a movie, a thread on Sup Forums gets made about it a short time later?

If you manage to get a girl like that and still need to cheat on her then you deserve the worst mankind has to offer. What a fucking qt hnnnnnng

Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon

because there are a lot of threads made on Sup Forums and you just ignore most of them?

What is this expression supposed to convey?

>ywn fuck a spider

You got me, senpai.

"Oh woe is me, I've fallen back into the destructive patterns I thought I'd moved beyond, and I'm reminded of my own entrapment in the form of a spider."

wtf

Villeneuve is so overrated. Is it because he's competent? Those not as versed in film see actual ability in comparison to the shit that makes up the rest of mainstream cinema and it blows their minds? His films are empty, flashy as a means to impress, and they touch on subjects many films don't, but they don't offer any great insight, or utilize the medium of film in some amazing way. They comprise decent acting with decent cinematography, and people just like right past the below par writing or bloated symbolism

Post the naked lady with the spider head

here's (you) so you can go home

not really. He IS entrapped now (living with the spider) and he just felt it that moment.

wew lad that is the most buzzword filled comment I've seen in a long time.

Resignation.

This.

Its a very good movie. Don't listen to memers saying that its a "Magnum Opus" or that its bad. Well worth your time though.

>Great OST
>Great actors
>Great cinematography
>Simple story.
>Great performances
>Great editing

Jesus Christ,

Buzzword: The Post.

you never noticed them

I feel this way sometimes, but you only notice them after the fact

think about all the images on the board you gloss over because you never watched that media? try it now, you might not recognise all the stills or have seen the films

or youre just in a solipsistic nightmare :))))))

Sorry, I don't mean to come across as baiting, I'm serious I avoided buzzwords and tried to pinpoint what I actually dislike about him. I even enjoyed Sicario, as goofy as some of the dialogue was. But just because Deakins provides some pretty shots, doesn't mean a visual story is being told. Villeneuve's films are different, and competently directed, I'm not saying he's bad (though I hated Prisoners), but he's certainly not the best working director. Personally I wouldn't even call him good, but obviously that's debatable. I'm just trying to figure the immense love for him and I think it's because he bridges the gap between mainstream shit and less accessible films.

>a capeshit made for fat dummies uni philosophy students cocaine addicts hipsters wannabies NEETS cucks who watch it only to pretend they are intelligent when reality says otherwise
This is very true

It is a flick masquerading as something more for the capeshit and action movie crowd. Those with low cinematic intelligence consider it "art"

>I avoided buzzwords
You shouldn't. These "movie buffs" can only communicate in list like things and buzzwords as evident by

>but they don't offer any great insight, or utilize the medium of film in some amazing way
I'm curious who you're watching that does do these things

Movie that people pretend to understand or enjoy

a misstep in his otherwise good filmography

so art films aren't supposed to be understood at all? or are they supposed to be deliberately vague so everyone can use their intellect to find out something that has no right answer?

Obviously this is my opinion, and many would disagree with the first name, but directors from Malick to Teshigahara, and the obvious like Tarkovsky and Berman, all use an approach that's not only unique, but delve a little more into providing some insight, and have more fully realized their own style. In my opinion, Villeneuve includes some thingrfs for the sake of impressing, while these directors have everything there for a specific purpose, and have a more artistic vision. Of course not all films have to do that, there's nothing wrong with a film meant to entertain, but Villeneuve's films often act like they want to do more than that, which, to me, bogs them down

What do you think of Kubrick?

Obviously he was talented, he had an eye for composition and camera movement that very few directors matched. I find both 2001 and Eyes Wide Shut to be fantastic. On the other hand, I really didn't care for FMJ or The Shining. I don't feel he was infallible as some do, but he had many great films, I don't understand the criticism of him as robotic

Haven't really disagreed with anything you've said so far, you got any recommendations for currently active directors aside from Malick?

The most pretentious, overrated, and overhyped movie in recent years.

Literally YMS tier

>Malick to Teshigahara, and the obvious like Tarkovsky and Berman

One of these don't belong

(Hint: It's mallick)

Sure, I enjoy Korine's films, but that's not really an appropriate suggestion as his films too have a degree of pretension and emptiness. Lanthimos and Sorrentino have been putting out some good films, and there is some good oriental stuff from Weerasethakul and Hsiao-hsien and some others. For American stuff, directors seem to be more devisive, Mel Gibson is back, and I'm not sure if Benning is still working on anything. I also enjoy Refn, but again there's that emptiness, I haven't liked his newer stuff as much
Malick works for you or he doesn't, but he does for me. Knight of Cups is one of the most absorbing and emotional film experiences I've had

thanks, I'll check them out.

FUUUUCKKKKKKK KILL IT WITH FIRE REEEEEEEE

No shit dude. Villeneuve makes """""movies""""" for capeshit kiddies, stop thinking so much into it. People actually discussing them unironically are probably underage

youtube.com/watch?v=v9AWkqRwd1I

here is the movie explained by the best film review at this moment in time, chris stuckmann

you're welcome.

Assuming you're not just memeing, you're just as bad as the capeshit kiddies. "Don't think into it" that's what you do when you form an argument, you actually break down and look at things. Saying villeneuve makes movies for underage kids is not an argument, or an opinion that will get you anywhere

You don't need to break down shit. It's terrible because I got cancer watching it. His audience is underage retards whether he realises it or not and anyone who has bothered with something other than the latest sci fi crap with JAKE FUCKING GYLLENHAL between their snyder capeshit can see it.

Just look at this guy right here

kek

TELL THAT TO

it's capeshit???

this movie was pretty good. I love this actor

is his reviews worth watching?

he is pretty sexy desu

yeah, in the original cut he gets bitten by the spider at the end and gets superpowers but the studio cut it out

I hate spiders, they're scary as fuck

not if you are looking for a serious analysis, his spergy reviews are good if you want to laugh at him-check out his dbz review, he literally goes full on child trantrum. it says pretty much everything you need to know about him

(you)