Pinnacle of post punk?

Chairs Missing is a better album. A less ambitious one, but a better executed one.

a touching display and two people in a room are enough to make this my favorite.

this was meant for you

fair assessment

i need it to be wavy

Also a good contender.

they aren't the same though

but I love chairs missing (practice makes perfect, french film blurred, outdoor miner, etc.)
154 is nice, the first song is the best, but i had the feeling all the songs are the same on this album. maybe I didn't listen to it enough

It's good, but Metal Box is PiL's best

I love the first three studio albums, and the live album Document/Eyewitness. Other than compilations like And Here It Is Again, which is just a best of from Pink Flag and Chairs Missing, The John Peel Sessions, which is self explanatory, Behind The Curtain, which is a compilation of b-sides, rehearsals and out takes, and Turns and Strokes which has only four songs that didn't make it onto Behind The Curtain, one doesn't really need anymore Wire. And if you listen to the songs on Behind The Curtain that eventually made it onto 154 once they were polished up, you can tell that Wire was still essentially a PUNK band, even though they were desperately trying to get away from all that.

You got dubs, but First Edition is their best.

It objectively goes Metal Box > Flowers of Romance > First Issue

pil is complete shit you morons

Only true answer

>the first song is the best
What is "Map Ref 41 n93"

First song is good as an opener but its one of the weakest compared to the rest of the album, works as a link between the style of Chairs Missing and 154, but "a touching display" is where the album really kicks off. Map Ref is the definition of a perfect song

*blocks your path*
Albatross is enough to shit on Pink Flag.
Best song is On Returning,that crescendo is top notch.

Pink flag isnt that good to begin with senpai
I can't compare 154 with Metal Box, both are equally good and are 2 gr8 bands at the top of their game.
But saying the only good song in 154 is the first is like saying Albatross is the only good song on an album that has "swan lake" and "poptones" just to name two. simply retarded.

more like pinnacle of shit

Nah. I feel like Chairs Missing has a lot more filler than 154, whose production is stellar and every track offers something new

This
Chairs Missing has some GOAT tracks but some that arent very memorable. 154 is perfect from start to finish.
Still, "Used to" is probably one of my favorite Wire songs

You're not even trying.
1/10

it's not my fault that op posted one of the worst album from the genre

contender coming through

or maybe something by psychedelic furs

Good one, but a compilation of a compilation wont cut it.
Red exposure > half machine > 3rd from the sun > blood on the moon >>>>> everything else

Nahh, the only good thing about that band is that a member would form Skinny Puppy later
Here's a better contender

And what have you posted? Half-attempts at bait?

how does one into post-punk

try their first "in the house" yeah way
less experimental its like mor melodic and accessible skinny puppy

Get out.

Doesn't get any better than this.

this

also, did you just create the thread about it

lol

here, just for you...

the most complete post-punk album ever.