I'm enlisting the national guard after graduation

I'm enlisting the national guard after graduation.
Any tips for preparing for basic training and during basic training?
What should I expect when i get there and what should I do and don't do?

Just suck off all your instructors.
You'll do fine.

>what should I do?

Send me pictures of your cock in uniform

Served 6 years in the guard. Had Decent time. Infantryman. My honest advice is this: Don't do it. Join the Air Force or just go full active duty army. Unless you're going to college, don't waste your time. Best thing you get out of it is military discount and college tuition.

I actually plan on studying to going back to school to study physical therapy. Pretty much my only choice to get school payed for

all I want is my college paid to be honest

You stole my picture from the "cop is outside, what do" thread

>Proof

Buy into this only somewhat.
.mil will keep you baited just enough to keep you in. You also don’t wanna be that 32 yr oguy just getting his degree.

Also .civ life if pretty boring after .mil
They think shit matters when it doesn’t is right out the window

I did.....

....it’s too fucking awesome

Go active for 3 years and then use the gi bill instead. Just being guard without any deployments offers very little school benefit now that they've neutered federal tuition assistance. If you're super serious about it you can go to night school and still attain some credits while serving. Also, look into the army's Baylor affiliated PT program.

This guy knows his shit. If I could go back to choose what to do this would be it.

I forgive you

DO:
>Start the PT now
>Do everything you're told as quickly as possible
>Show integrity
>Work as a member of a team

Honestly, it's piss easy if you just execute every task they give you. The Drill Sergeants are going to throw you wrenches to fuck with you every once in awhile, don't give up like a little bitch. Also, while there's plenty of slimey motherfuckers in the real Army, Basic training is the place to show integrity. The DSs have enough control to figure out who is responsible for bullshit, or collectively smoke everyone as punishment. A smoking is miserable. Getting hit with admin bullshit like an Article 15 or recycling because you lied is significantly worse.

Pay attention in marksmanship instruction. If you've never shot a gun before, you'll probably do good on rifle marksmanship. Honestly the worst shots are always the rednecks who grew up around guns because all they ever did was shoot beer cans from 20 feet away and now have terrible shooting habits.

Finally, go to religious services every Sunday. I don't a damn what your opinion on God is. Sunday is not chill day; it's usually reserved for barracks clean up and "area maintenance" (usually some bullshit task like mowing lawns or washing rocks). Barracks clean up is usually an all day affair since it has to get spit shined, but going to a religious service more or less exempts you from getting picked to do area maintenance. It's a nice change of pace to get to relax for an hour in an air conditioned room with a Chaplain, who are generally decent guys as they are among the few people who aren't under strict orders to fuck with you.

DON'Ts

>Do NOT apologize or thank your Drill Sergeant for ANYTHING
If you attempt to say "Sorry, Drill Sergeant" or "Thank you Drill Sergeant", you will get fucked with. Their default responses are "Oh, so I'm a 'sorry Drill Sergeant', huh?" or "Don't thank me, thank your fucking recruiter!" If you fuck up, acknowledge your that you understand the error of your ways and will fix yourself. ie "No excuses Drill Sergeant". You may still get fucked up but it DEFINITELY reduces the amount of smoking you will face.

Call them sir/ma'am:
You're going to have those fucking kids who have seen too many movies or played too many video games. Drill Sergeants are referred to as exactly that, "Drill Sergeant". The first couple days people are going to get smoked reliably for using the terms "Sir/Ma'am" to refer to their Drill Sergeant. Guess what? In the first several weeks of basic, everyone gets smoked collectively, no matter whose fault it is.

>Quit
On the real, if you do what you are told basic is straight forward. The easiest way to leave is to graduate. You'll see motherfuckers who failed out working menial positions until their paperwork to kick them out of the military processes. Generally, a Basic Training cycle is 9 weeks and some change (plus the week or two you'll spend at reception). The kids who get kicked out may spend upwards of 15 or more weeks waiting on their shit to process. The paperwork isn't necessarily that long, but as a basic training failure you're the last of their fucking priorities and barring rare circumstances they won't push you back out the door in any hurry, as you're effectively semi-free labor and they've got 6 months to kick you out before you turn into a hassle. Finishing really is the fastest and simplest way to leave. If that means manning the fuck up, then you simply have to do it.

When you take your first PT test hold back, don't go all out. This way you will be placed into running groups that are slower paced, which you will be thankfully for when your pulling 18 hour days and running 5-10 miles every other morning.

Don't join, terrible waste of time. Go get a real job or an education.

t. vet

I only advise this strategy if you're 100% confident you can pass the final PT test. Shitbagging on BCT PT isn't going to help you improve. And if you fail the final APFT, you don't graduate, and ergo you become a hold and get to be fucking miserable for months as you await your chapter paperwork.

Shit man, I did OSUT, 19 weeks. Basic Training=Worse than Afghanistan.

/thread

>>

That was implied. If u can't pass the final pt test, u don't belong in the military.

Fair enough, POG lyfe

AIT was legit. Had a boss time. Ended up fucking a classmate, which backfired when we got assigned to the same unit and she turned out to be a cunt.

>this. is a glitch, or what?