>FB_IMG_1510397234447.jpg

rym is shit tier

Switch Scruffy with RYM

fuck off back to facebook

t. shit taste

Support your local scene!

PMC tier

>facebook image

I use rym for popular music and jazz and blogspots for everything else, especially trad folk and non english music.
Usually trad folk is either not on rym or is overrated/extremely underrated on rym so it's worth checking everything out.

rollingstone, christgau and scaruffi all have better top 10s than rym

Nodata went to trash after switching to turboupload which is literally unusable.

yall hate on the melon but he LITERALLY created Sup Forums

I use this cool place called my local record store. Show up, buy a record you think could be good, and hope you didn't spend $2-$30 on garbage

how do you even use rutracker to find new music?

All of them are shit-tier

>having no friends where you get mad at people for using facebook
get your lives straight lads

>rym
a bunch of try hards that just put the same albums in the top?
they are just like Sup Forums...

>not finding all your music yourself

>not making all music you hear yourself

When I become fabulously wealthy, I will buy RYM and update its dated algorithm so you can search using more tags and parameters. Current options are frankly embarrassing for a website in 2017.

t. deluded scruffy drone

Someone already did exactly that, that's the whole point of Sonemic.

RYM should be Shit-tier, they have one of the worst communities on the planet and arbitrarily pick what albums are good or not based on how cool it makes them. The lists are the most redeeming feature, and most of them are wastes of space nobody cares about (i.e."favorite art", "my favorite albums of [year]", "albums by [artist] ranked")

RED should be the top. They have collages, which are basically a better version of RYM lists because you can download everything. Plus you can find pretty much everything in perfect FLAC w/ cue, while rutracker mostly has cue+one track and broken logs in moonrunes. RED for lossless, Soulseek for lossy, and Discogs for label digging is the ultimate patrician trifecta.

This is such a specific kind of excitement man, i love getting happily surprised by unknown records. There's a weird kind of joy in certain kinds of mediocre albums too, but then there's the blinding white hatred of particularly poor purchases holy hell

what's RED?

Redacted
A private tracker

>God-tier
>Soundcloud and bandcamp
Put that down in the "What the fuck are you doing-tier" and you'll have a pretty good infograph.

Its full of pompous assholes and most of the innovative albums from this decade have poor reviews on there, BUT its not a bad website by any means, and desu its about 50/50 cool people/pompous assholes but the cool ones arent as loud
Definitely NOT Holy Trinity tier tho, I say that as someone whos browsed the website since I was 14.

>t. Filthy brainlet pleb

I agree user, who cares how you find music? Why would anyone give a shit?

I unironically just listen to Spotify daily mixes and discover weekly.

>what is Sonemic
Embarrassing desu

PROTIP: the "average-tier" and "shit-tier" sources in the OP are the best resources for music. They are boring but they get you there, have the most variety, and least bias towards certain genres. You just have to be open minded and do a lot of the legwork yourself.

this except for Christgau and Scaruffi

>& where to download

Spotify is golden for finding new music desu. Always listen to Discover Weekly, start radios on tunes or albums I like.

Piracy supports artists by drawing people to buy merchandise and attend concerts, but record labels don't get as large a cut so they get pissy. And estates get nothing so they get REALLY pissy.

B.A.I.T.

>not digging through the new releases submitted to your college radio

half of it is hipsters-gone-too-far but there's some jewels

I only use:
slsk
tinymixtapes
blogspot
last.fm
rutracker

this

Where would Jojo's Bizarre Adventure rank?