Can Sup Forums actually hear music?

jakemandell.com/tonedeaf/

Test yourself and see if your opinion on music is valid or not. Post your score and your favourite type of music. I am a bit disappointed with my score but I guess it is what it is. My favourite music type is progressive rock.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nIkf3abM8O4
tonedeaftest.com
youtube.com/watch?v=WPni755-Krg&t=5163s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Flash
Sorry bud

63%
electronic
lol

post punk i guess

75%

Thought I was doing way better desu

Memory also plays a role I think, im not sure if the mistakes are made are due to being a pleb or just due to not memorising it correctly.

this guy does really cool music btw

youtube.com/watch?v=nIkf3abM8O4

yeah
the pause is a bit too long

There were a few times where I did feel I was answering it wrong right after pressing the button but usually when I take these tests I do them as quickly as possible so I just went with my initial instinct.

Oh well, 75% aint bad for a non-musician imo.

sounds like nostalgia to me

86.1%
probably black metal or prog

Nice job stealing my score jerkass

52.8%
classical

Hell yeah

indie rock and its many forms

86.1%

80.6% Correct

not bad I guess, I expected lower considering my shitty immediate memory

Post-Punk

Honestly, I couldn't tell how drastic the variance was going to be until halfway through. Not too hard though

wow what the fuck

88.9%

Post avant hypno-rave

77.8 but im listening to yowie in the background

that's actually impressive, considering this is some shit yowie would write

*yawn*

Death metal

Trap and cloud rap

I don't like genres but specific artists. I can find something I like in any genre. I will say that my all time favorite artist is J Mascis and I also really like surf rock lately.

Nice photoshop

I could probably do decently well but I'm stuck on mobile for the next 9 hours

80.6% as well dude

probably art rock if you can call that a genre

I don't get it.
Where's the test?

gotta enable flash

>The test is purposefully made very hard, so excellent musicians rarely score above 80% correct.
I always knew I was a musical genius.

lol

75%
plunderphonics

80.6%
Fucking hate music

grimes, i had shitty 5 dollar earplugs though

how do i get into plunderphonics

Do you like any sample-based music already? I could recommend you some stuff if I can get a sense of what you already like.

63.9%
Should I be worried? I was doing the test through my laptop speakers.

I don't have a favorite type of music. I think this has to do with memory too, I think If we had the chance to replay the samples we'd get higher scores

42%
unironically hip-hop
this doesn't bode well for the hip-hop heads, does it?

Worry.

holy shit I thought I'd get something like %60
my fav is psychedelic rock I guess

83.3%, although i might've been just psyching myself out for some of the answers, I wasn't sure how subtle the actual differences were gonna be. there were some instances where the recording was different but the notes were p much the same so i have no idea

just music i guess idk

Same, 86,1%
Hip Hop
I unironically like Lil Pump

100%
EDM and Classical

Are you people tone deaf? I haven't even played an instrument since I was 10 years old.

>Are you people tone deaf?
No. As a matter of fact, this thread is about a test that measures exactly that. Anyone that scored 70% or above are, according to the test itself, not tone deaf.

>enable flash
good one

Hip-hop

Folk and Psychedelia

The pause really is too long, but I guess that serves the purpose of the test.

noise rock

expected less desu

Garage
honestly thought i'd get way lower

I have never played an instrument

i'm not tonedeaf i just have very poor working memory

New Age

GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG

same here
83.3%
electronic, hip hop, post punk, indie etc.

kinda dissapointing as Ive been a multi-instrumentalist for years.
Indie rock

67%
makes sense, I didn't wear earplugs at loud concerts during my youth, and now it's biting me in the ass (ears)

k-pop

this has nothing to do with tone deafness

tonedeaftest.com

this will test whether you have a dysfunction. op's is testing your memory

>tonedeaftest.com
how can anyone not get 100% its too easy

well most people are not tone deaf.

94% but I'm a classically trained musician. I suspect I could have scored higher if I get the urge to shit halfway through.
I don't have a favorite genre of music.

The sounds are way too long too remember most of the time. And the long pause doesn't help.

55.6%
>indie rock

like indie/alt rock n stuff like that

Same score, but my preferred genres:

1. Prog Rock
2. Heavy Metal
3. Blues Rock
4. R&B/Soul/Funk
5. Power Metal

Same score as OP. I like singer-songwriter stuff the best I guess.

11670.1% CORRECT
CRUNKCORE, BRO-COUTNRY AND NUMETAL
TRY ME FAGGOTS

Are they not including timbre or similar resonances and just the melody?

Thrash and various genres of metal

I know, that would be more interesting. A lot of the sounds did have harmonics that made it a bit tricky on the chromatic lines tho.

lmao not suprised

right now I like trap the most but I don't actually have a taste in music. I was so bored with everything for a while that I listened to stuff like this during the summer to help me focus on tactile things

youtube.com/watch?v=WPni755-Krg&t=5163s

yeah there were lower frequencies that had me like "not the same, but melodically..."

eh
no favorite genres, been listening to italo disco lately

Wait, so the differences in pitch are *not* part of the test, but just the melody? Oh wow, maybe that explains my low score, I took the pitch differences into consideration

78%
Metal
Same here

More of a memory test rather than a tone deafness test, right? And most of the "different" questions had obvious accidentals thrown in.

Art Rock

shruggy guy, this test has been around for a while, I remember taking it years ago.

There's a scale in there that when played twice one of the middle notes sounds higher in pitch, and it could be the context of hearing it twice. Our brains correct sound to hear what it wants sometimes.

My advice is look in the answers section at the wrong answers you have an figure out why it's wrong.

RIP me for not doing the same with my 97% :(

shoegaze and dreampop

88.9, wierd, seen that score a lot in this thread

Post-hardcore and Noise Rock

6 gorillion
this test is a Jewish trick.

In what way? Are you suggesting that the successful test takers are jewish? What would a jew get out of this specific deception?

88.9% Correct
mostly listen to different kinds of downtempo electronic stuff, have literally never once looked into music theory

>80.6%
Feels good to be an intellectual.

also, american primitivism