Tfw starting to get more impatient with difficult music and just want something immediately fun and catchy

>tfw starting to get more impatient with difficult music and just want something immediately fun and catchy

Other urls found in this thread:

sonemic.com/charts/top/album/all-time/g:rock/s:progressive-pop/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/Melodic Hardcore/
youtube.com/watch?v=OQ4oaLUilBc
youtube.com/watch?v=657TZDHZqj4
youtube.com/watch?v=22yM3scJ_UI
rateyourmusic.com/genre/Canterbury Scene/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/Zolo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why not alternate? First listen to an easy album , then a difficult album, then another easy album again.

That is the exact sentiment that makes Lil Pump so appealing to me.

>tfw only listening to music that is catchy AND complex

wtf it's happening the same to me op, i know that feeling

I was listening to the radio yesterday and the station paid the live version of Talking Heads Life During Wartime, and I was thinking that when David Byrne was in the Heads he was fun to listen to, but once he left to make "difficult" music he pretty much disappeared from the radio (even the college station I was listening to) and after a listen or two I lost interest.

i think its the stress of college and work thats got me doing the same.

this is the best music. why isn't melodic rock a thing?

>why isn't melodic rock a thing?
wat

>what is melodic hardcore and rock with prog pop influences

examples?

rock with prog pop
sonemic.com/charts/top/album/all-time/g:rock/s:progressive-pop/

melodic hardcore
rateyourmusic.com/genre/Melodic Hardcore/

that reads like a list of shit tier prog. i'm looking for stuff more like this...

youtube.com/watch?v=OQ4oaLUilBc

youtube.com/watch?v=657TZDHZqj4

>still new enough to be able enjoy music

Have fun while it lasts

>still not old enough to start enjoying music again

It gets better.

>tfw becoming immediately turned off by anything fun and catchy
Oh well

This is what most so called art/prog music is. Beatles, KC, Radiohead, etc. But the problem with this stuff is that that it's neither on the complexity level of the really interesting classical/jazz/experimental stuff nor is it on the catchiness or visceral level of other popular music, kinda giving you not that great take on both worlds.
Like the other user said, you gotta alternate between the two realms of music, it's the best way to diversify your listening as well. I know for sure that I can't go through an Elliott Carter work after a long day at work, so I'll settle for some Eurobeat instead.

if its good music hen it doesn't matter how complex it is. I think you're looking for the wrong qualities.

Yeah but sometimes you have to work through the complexities to appreciate the good and I'm getting tired of doing that, so I'm missing out on a lot.

youtube.com/watch?v=22yM3scJ_UI

so, you're listening to grimes. well done, user.

Joanna Newsom has been there all along user

this

this means you're becoming more patrician, only plebs actually listen to trash avant-teen wank albums

thats like completely shutting down your brain though

Bleep boop bleep. Welcome to AOL you've got mail!

t. Grimes

this. i'm laughing at these idiots who try so hard to get into unlistenable crap that is passed as art. music should be enjoyable, not a chore. are these people such simpletons that their existence is defined by their hipster music taste?

But what is considered unlistenable or a chore is based more on cultural life experiences than it is something inherent. If someone has listened to atonal music since they were young, they wouldn't call it unlistenable crap. Same goes for just about anything else in life as well. If you grew up in an area of the world for example that bases its dishes on a bunch of spices, western food like steak may not seem as flavorful and more bland although steak can definitely have its own different kinds of flavors. Or someone who has had non-existent interaction with another race, coupled with being around racist ideology, will also feel racist towards other races.

kanye, hes catchy yet good

Music was never meant to be enjoyed by people like you

>le non-argument funny hat

Lil Pump isn't even catchy

Olivia Tremor Control
Pavement

>This is what most so called art/prog music is. Beatles, KC, Radiohead, etc
The Beatles and King Crimson in the same list? A man who said the music of his band is not to be enjoyed appearing in the same list as one of the most successful and well-known pop stars. I don't believe you're actually serious with this.
>But the problem with this stuff is that that it's neither on the complexity level of the really interesting classical/jazz/experimental stuff nor is it on the catchiness or visceral level of other popular music, kinda giving you not that great take on both worlds.
Wait, are you the "visceral guy" arguing this same inane point in every thread about post punk while this board was still in its dying stages?

How much have you done? Are you playing an instrument? Are you familiar with music theory on a basic level at least? Have you transcribed your favorite solos? Have you watched video analyses of your favorite works?

There are entire genres of exactly what you're looking for, but of course this being nothing more than a shitpost, you don't care.
rateyourmusic.com/genre/Canterbury Scene/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/Zolo/

I suggest "warming up" with music you are familiar with and already know that you enjoy, then moving on to new or complex things. Listen to what you like and don't worry about it.