Face it, Oasis really were the best thing to come out of Britpop...

Face it, Oasis really were the best thing to come out of Britpop, the last time when the biggest band in the world was also the best band in the world.

youtube.com/watch?v=4NgohzBmJ7c
youtube.com/watch?v=OA2_Tjla_60
youtube.com/watch?v=6zCwvCmA5Ng
youtube.com/watch?v=5wHa3fMIhJU
youtube.com/watch?v=KKisxbyZ9Dw
youtube.com/watch?v=tI-5uv4wryI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjaH2tfI8w
youtube.com/watch?v=_RIGIeDDnp4
youtube.com/watch?v=TEzmU7YSXJs
youtu.be/hdKR5t-LHV4
youtube.com/watch?v=f7Wn5oZgFOo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Burgers will never understand this

no britpop was good
i say that as a brit

They were never the biggest band in the world, they bottled it when they all went crazy on their first tour of America.

Pakis are not brits

You guys can keep oasis we have springsteen

Say what you will but the best was Radiohead
1. Came out of the genre and continued making quality music
2. Enjoyable by anyone, not just rocklads
3. No bullshit feuds
4. Never had their creativity curbed by prodcers or execs (Nigel is a cool guy)
5. Creative and interesting album artwork
6. Could bend and reshape to any sound
7. Have experimented with different styles including shoegaze, industrial, jazz, techno, orchestral, and grunge
They weren't the best thing to go into britpop but they were definitely the best thing to leave it

>Springsteen is almost 70s year old
>There will never be another Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
We are living in the golden age of music as long as The E Street Band & Springsteen are playing together.

Fuck off outa my England

they ain't even the best band on britpop scene

>Creative and interesting album artwork
agree with ou all but this. their covers almost all suck

Pulp is the best Britpop band

How were they already so big in Chicago in 1994? Every other gig they played on that first US tour had a few hundred people showing up to see them at best.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjaH2tfI8w

man, Jarvis aged amazingly.

*blocks american path*

I was never a big fan of Oasis but Supersonic is a fantastic song.

Q: Oasis or Blur?
A: Supergrass

I didn't even learn about them until the mid 00s and I still feel incredibly nostalgic listening to their first albums.

Wish I had been into them in the 90s.

Yeah I can see why numales would pick pulp over Oasis

Be Here Now, and everything after, is shit.

But yes, their first 2 were timeless.

Reminder

>GOAT tier
Pulp, Suede, Manics

>Great tier
The Verve, Mansun, Doves, Supergrass, Super Furry Animals, Puressence, The Divine Comedy, Teenage Fanclub

>Good tier
Blur, Longpigs, The Auteurs, Jack, James, Gene, Strangelove, Rialto, Elastica, Placebo, The Charlatans, Early Oasis, Lush, Shack, Inspiral Carpets, Early Coldplay, My Life Story, Dodgy, Kula Shaker, Ultrasound

>Meh tier
Stereophonics, Travis, Ocean Color Scene, Ash, Sleeper, The Lightning Seeds, Black Grape, Shed Seven, The Bluetones, Space

>Shite tier
Post- MG Oasis (apart from a few singles), Menswear, Catatonia, Gay Dad, Starsailor, Cast, Ride (Last 2 albums), Hurricane #1, Embrace, The Supernaturals

fuck off

I think they've just grown on me

>no stone roses

Stone Roses is Madchester therefore proto-britpop

NOW THAT YOU'RE MINEEEEEEEEEEE
WE'LL FIND A WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
OF CHASING THE SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN

youtube.com/watch?v=_RIGIeDDnp4

Gods among men desu.

kick Teenage Fanclub up to goat tier and you have a deal

well compiled

Weren’t these guys around at the same time as Red House Painters, MBV, Slint, Built to Spill? Definitely nowhere even close to the best band. They’re also unashamed, yet well documented plagiarists.

>irrelevant indie bands only nu-males care about

nu-male =/= hipster

>Red House Painters, MBV

Great bands, but of the two only RHP is arguably on par with prime-era Oasis.

>Slint, Built to Spill

Get this soyboy shit out of here.

Blur was better.

You can’t defend Oasis so you say nu-male. Listen here faggot, I know this board has gone to complete shit, so no one calls you out on looking the music equivalent of John Green, but if you listen to Oasis, chances are you’re undeniably stupid. This isn’t a joke, the types of people to like such a low-brow excuse for music, songs anyone could write (or plagiarize) HAVE to be fully realized idiots or, at best, disturbing masochists. Again, this board has slipped so far down the muddy art-illiterate hill so you’ve probably never been told this fact, but I’m here to give it to you. The best outcome from this is for you to take a shower, destroy any evidence you’ve ever listened to Oasis, and come back begging for forgiveness.

Will I be attacked for this? Yes. But it’s knowing that there is ONE person left that will swell in the chest with ecstasy at reading this that pushes me on into the storm. That’s more than can be said for you.

Why are nu-males so intensely averse to Oasis?

t. Worthless fat loser

>people actually listen to this shit
haha

>made one decent album
>best britpop band

Second Coming was in the same vein of "rawk n roll dude" as early oasis

Fuck off Montie

>one
You mean 4

Fannies and mansun are goat and lightning seeds are at least good

>released shite for 10 years
>their best single in years was their last
youtube.com/watch?v=TEzmU7YSXJs

Because nu-males like trite, pseudo-intellectual and self-pitying music catered towards their mediocre and sheltered upper middle-class sensibilities and "struggles". Nu-males are in love with their tepid and banal suffering. It's why they self-flagellate as much as they do.

A band like Oasis, a band that made defiantly life-affirming and humanistic music despite coming from squalid upbringings and having very limited future prospects outside of the one-in-a-million chance of becoming one of the biggest rock bands on the planet, is completely beyond their comprehension.

>I need to be myself, I can't be no-one else

>You've gotta roll with it, you've gotta take your time
>You've gotta say what you say, don't let anybody get in your way

>You and I are gonna live forever

>Get up off the floor and believe in life, no-one's ever gonna ever ask you twice

The funny thing about these extremely simple and straightforward sentiments is that they really are too deep for the average soyboy.

That's one theory. The other one is that Liam Gallagher just reminds them of the older kids who bullied them in school.

Suede is best britpop the fuck you talking about mate

fred I'll fred you through the needle of life

>”Because”
>replying to loaded question
>massive text
I can already tell this is going to be a idiot kiddie theorist episode. You can’t write and you can’t think. There’s no discernible talent (Just like OASIS, the yuppie band).

>I need to be myself, I can't be no-one else
>You've gotta roll with it, you've gotta take your time
>You've gotta say what you say, don't let anybody get in your way
>You and I are gonna live forever
>Get up off the floor and believe in life, no-one's ever gonna ever ask you twice

HAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

Blur is better

He's right, you know.

They make some good tunes don't know why you're taking pop music so seriously LG xxxxx

seriously though, without Blue and Oasis britpop would be 80s hair metal tier with a couple good songs/albums sprinkled in

Kek no
Those weren't even the best bands in the genre

Crowded House? Madness?

Not britpop

I'd move Stereophonics up one if we count early material, they had some great songs (Maybe Tomorrow, Mr Writer, Step On My Old Size Nines). Also Travis could be moved up if you consider the album The Man Who. Very solid ranking otherwise.

this

We Love Life is their only good top to bottom album

kinda funny how it's their most overlooked album. Still, Different Class and His'n'Hers are solid and what put them on the map in the first place. Don't know what's the fourth album he mentioned. Can't be This Is Hardcore.

I won't deny the first two albums had some catchy pop rock tunes. Cigarettes And Alcohol, Rock 'n' Roll Star, Some Might Say, Don't Look Back In Anger, Roll With It, etc. I enjoy those two albums on the odd occasion I give them a listen. I have two problems with them, however.

1. The production is horrible. All the rockers on those records were victims of the loudness war. I know that was kinda the point of the songs, but they sound so spiky and trebly and pretty terrible all things said.

2. It's all very, very derivative. They ripped off almost everything they ever did. Doesn't bother me when I listen to the music as I still enjoy it and they do inject their own personality into it, but it prevents me from labelling Oasis as "greats".

If you don't believe me that everything was stolen, watch this compilation of their thievery:

youtu.be/hdKR5t-LHV4

damon won the songwriting trophy. art school will always beat working class.

Fuck outta here, Nick Crompton is the only Britpop that ever mattered

This. I also like Blur for what they did to Tardwuar.

You spelt "Super Furry Animals" wrong

Blur were just so fucking boring.
At least say Suede or something. Suede were fantastic.

youtube.com/watch?v=f7Wn5oZgFOo

they were a shit band with a good guitarist. modern life is rubbish is one of the great british albums. and blur/damon side projects have BTFO noel since as well.

liam is a GOAT frontman but they had one good album.