Any PC gamers on Sup Forums right now...

Any PC gamers on Sup Forums right now? I was wondering if anyone's ever manually changed their dedicated video ram before? I'm thinking about doing it on my desktop right now. I'm only getting 128mb and I wanted to change it to 512mb. Is this a bad idea or no?

Other urls found in this thread:

pvladov.com/2013/10/increase-intel-hd-graphics-dedicated-video-memory.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah do it bitch

but how much of dediwated wam do you need?

Anything I should know? I don't want my pc kill

I'm thinking 512mb should be enough. I just want to meet the minimum requirements for some games I want to play. I'm mainly worried about how this would affect my computer's performance as a whole or if it's gonna fuck up the OS

What the fuck are you trying to ask? Video Ram? Make sense lad!

How are you confused about what I asked? Here I even made you a picture so you see what I mean

I had to google what dedicated video ram was. If you can't get a graphics card I'll assume you're running on a laptop from 2003?

I'm confused because I don't use on board graphics. And (((pc gamers))) have graphics cards.

No but I'm running a shitty all in one desktop

Video ram is different from regular ram, video ram is part of your graphics card, theres no changing it as far as i know. If you dont have a graphics card, its part of your processor

onboard GPU? O.P

Check the bios if there is a setting somewhere to up ur ded ram. If it isnt there ur shit out of luck. Go suck some dick on the corner so you can earn a new pc

Ah, fuck them. My housemate had one. Died within 6 months of purchase.

Just google dedicated video ram and watch some videos and read some sites. Alot faster than me learning how to and explaining it to you.

Don't all graphic cards have ram? I still don't understand how you got confused
Well I came across this that says you can change it. Is this not legit?
pvladov.com/2013/10/increase-intel-hd-graphics-dedicated-video-memory.html

Yea, you need a whole new CPU if you want more video memory

All in one units do not have graphics cards my friend.

graphics card is part of his CPU, he needs a new cpu if he wants more vram

and he can't change anything in an all in one. they are worse than laptops for upgrades.

detotated wam*

STFU quit the b.s and kys

You should download more jiggabytes for your RAM

This is the guy who takes 3 minutes to load a LoL game

No, I've never modified my computer in any way that requires solder.

are you running windows 8.1 user?

No windows 10

And are you guys saying I shouldn't increase the ram or CANT increase the ram? I haven't tried yet but lets say I do increase it. I'm just wondering if it's a bad idea or not

Download Belarc and give us a list of your specs/parts.

need to know how much memory and what cpu it is before we can guide you on fiddling with the vram.

Holy shit the fucking rocketships in this thread.

user, it's a software limitation (probably). Just reset your system folder and when you reboot your computer it'll give you the option to dedicate more (or less) video ram

Honesty does it even matter? What's the worse that could happen if I run the game anyway, assuming i have all the other requirements? Really crappy graphics?

this guy is a dick
>prolly going to tell you delete system32 file next

if it's not in his bios it'll be hard to if not impossible to increase it.
start phone posting and get into your bios
if you don't have the required amount the program probably won't start.

Damn, that's one shitty PC. Trash it.

You'll overheat your GPU if you dio this, then you'll have a totally dead computer. That or it won't run after a while as it simply runs out fo memory. delete system32 from c:/Windows, restart and go from there

Why how would you do it faggot? Go through and manually corrct it?

The required amount of dedicated ram or total ram? The reason I ask is because I just realized that even if I did increase dedicated ram Id probably still not have the right graphics card
It'll have to do for now until I get an actual tower for games

Are you able to get into your bios when the pc is booting? you'll need to check for an option in there about increasing the vram. Your memory and dedicated video ram are seperate and isn't totaled up. vram runs off your cpu i think. If you do have any graphics in an all in one it would be on board, thus running off the cpu. You able to phone post while your pc is in the bios?

Yeah but I'm still unsure about whether or not I should do it. I'd hate to do it and then have my pc run like fucking shit.

well it would be only be temporary until you changed it back. you're not overclocking it. just reallocating some of the resources.

Then there is a risk of screwing up the hardware and cpu?

i'm not asking you to put your pc in the microwave lol. if there is an option to change the amount of available vram in the bios. go for it. if there isn't you'll have to wait til you have a more powerful pc to play some games. if you can't, we can explore other options, like Dos Games.

What are you trying to play anyway?

That's the method I was going to look into it, like the link above says. As for what games I'm playing to say it varies. FO3, arma, TESIV, deadspace, pretty much anything I can manage if I can at least get around the dedicated ram issue.

with 512mb of semi fake video ram and 4 gigs of real ram on a 2.4ghz cpu, i suggest playing some games from between 2000-2005.

Counterstrike Condition Zero, Red Alert II, Warcraft III.

I know the Idea might sound like it sucks but older games are far more likely to run on your system. Bare in mind it's windows 10 which is a pile of shit and is hard to get things to run on it.

Good Luck, user.

>512mb of VRAM
dude, just upgrade, you'll be way happier.

OP can't, it's an All in One.

I'm able to run some pretty good games that are somewhat new, but for the most part it's like you said I have to run pretty old games. It sucks ass though because there are a lot of games I am dying to play. I'm gonna consider changing the ram but I may skip it if I don't feel like it's worth doing.
I have a tower in mind but it's like 800 bucks and I'm not even employed at the moment. It'll run most if not all the games I want to play. For now I'm stuck with this crappy pc and have to make the most of it.

keep an eye on reddit.com/r/buildapcsales they post some decent deals on prebuilts these days since the GPU market is shit currently.

It's easy.
>Get job
>Buy better card

It upgrades just like a mac then.

You throw it away.

I'll throw you away