youtube.com/watch?v=eWW0mayvQSU
youtube.com/watch?v=kQhIQk0ImRw
youtube.com/watch?v=1yA_SjLRWnw
youtube.com/watch?v=NYexzGqVa7g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=EU6mEh-F1r8

>Oasis
>shoegaze

Oasis are the quintessential high-test shoegaze band. Their whole ticket to success was how their knack for combining sounds that the college rock crowd was into(primarily the yearning wall-of-guitars of shoegaze and the urban psychedelia of Madchester) with loud, muscular meat and potatoes rock.
Why do you think Creation Records(the definitive shoegaze record label) wanted to sign them in the first place?

No, he's pretty much right. It's very noticeable on Champagne Supernova, but Oasis was effectively a more down-to-earth version of shoegaze by combining it with anthemic blues rock. Hell, the origins are similar; for all people say that Oasis were effectively rehashing The Beatles, Ride has put it out a lot more noticeably that The Beatles are in fact their main influences.

youtube.com/watch?v=j6YKGJToe9w

LET'S MAKE SHOEGAZE GREAT AGAIN

GET THESE SOYBOIS OUT OF OUR GENRE

youtube.com/watch?v=Hp3IHNDofgk

youtube.com/watch?v=ZbEO7WSTCqU

so alpha, richard ashcroft stole a guy's gf and made him write a suicidal album about it lel

This is really bad bait, you could've chosen something like early Mercury Rev but instead went with the most obvious bait answer you could've chosen.

Revolver
youtube.com/watch?v=Vy-cQJcz6DE
youtube.com/watch?v=Q1QSqvGf17M

youtube.com/watch?v=eWW0mayvQSU

This is nice.

i love it when americans try to talk about british music
twats

Oasis had some shoegaze influence in the guitar effects early but they weren't really shoegaze. Blur's first album was closer to shoegaze. Even Pablo Honey had a few shoegaze influenecs.

youtube.com/watch?v=kQhIQk0ImRw

This, it's like when they keep going on about any British 90s rock being grungy.

He's right to a point though.

>anthemic blues rock

youtube.com/watch?v=1yA_SjLRWnw

very copped

I hate it when British people try to talk about American music like they understand it.

Reminder you’re being advertised to right now by a mediocre British pop band.

>American music
>understand it

>ye our new song hasa a jazzy guitah riff innit
First of all what is jazz you britbong?

you sound like you want some high test dick

DUDE FUCKING FUNNY MAY MAY pic XDD

See, this is the type of shit I’m talking about. The English don’t have the self-awareness or emotional depth to make art. Shakespeare was a 1st generation Frenchman who changed his name from Jacques Pierre, which leaves you with... Chaucer? Blake? See, you simply don’t have the cultural roots to make art, or the self awareness.

considering most "English" artistic people in general are actually BLACK, it shouldn't be any surprise to anyone that the Engl*sh are devoid of culture of finesse

Columbia is one of my top 10 Oasis songs for sure.
Check this out too.

youtube.com/watch?v=NYexzGqVa7g

This is in my opinion the only true Oasis shoegaze song, and it was never released