I work at Home Depot

I work at Home Depot
AMA

What's the official policy on the illegals that wait outside?

This

lol, it's so true. The "handymen" outside to be hired.

I've worked at several Home Depot locations over 10 years in Southern California and I've never had to deal with, nor have I seen, illegal Mexicans waiting outside. I have no idea where that stereotype comes from. I'm in fuckin socal too, that's where you'd probably expect to see that the most.

Lumber dept represent. Every other department can suck my dick. Deliveries and recieving excluded

are you the same old man who posted the
which sex toy should I make from home depot" thread? fucking degenerate

Hey now, I'm a freight/receiving manager. We all work together and have a job to do. And we all have to do that autistic cheer thing where we clap our hands. None of us are fucking better than anyone else
>WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?
>KICK ASS

no

you got to go look in the back alley gringo

Eh well the majority of my 'career' I've worked the night shift, so I wouldn't ever see them anyways.

I dont chant give me an H... yes we all work together but besides a handfull of cool dudes scattered through the store -its just garden temps, super serious 35year old soups, and some whiney associates.

haha career at home depot

Cashier here.

At one local store, they actually made a fenced in area for them apparently.

OP what screw to buy

Im in Canada and i see them outside. U aint looking

hence why i said 'career'

dumb ass

I shoplift all the time from you tools. Do you know and not care or are you idiots?

OP help what screw to buy ?

At my store theres no illigeals but, there IS a homless camp down a hill behind the store. Driving the lift at night I thought there was always a chance I could get jumped

mexicanfag here, can confirm us mexicans usually hang in larger groups of mexicans near the taco truck across the parking lot to seem more efficient at the work we provide

Only the stores with the highest loss rates hire loss prevention services. What are you fuckin stealing? Boxes of screws? lel

Hmm, maybe you're in Beverly Hills or Huntington Beach, or something. I'm originally from the high desert, and they sure were out there.

We can't actually do anything to stop you. Soooo...

We could ask to see a receipt but thats all

HOLY SHIT BRO I STARTED OUT IN FUCKING YUCCA
I'm in Laguna Niguel now

Old news. Find countess empty packages daily myself and Im only 1 person. Plus I take knives from hardware because fuck the saftey knife

That just means you're a loser, and I didn't even post the Steven Colbert

What have you done with your life then?

need screw. what scrwe to use for "home" improvement "projetc"

buy scerws. thank

I'm in CT now, but grew up in Victorville. Not much in Yucca, I did intern in Twentynine Palms for a bit. I'll never forget the combination night club and barbershop place

o ok

old ass nigga workin at home depot and shit

In Louisiana they are there every day of the week, they sit under a big ass oak tree nicely dressed and with a good attitude. Gotta respect those guys man

Litterally everything. I rip packages if they have a strip to make the alarm go off, otherwise i just take the whole package.

I often buy something then go back in and grab a bunch of stuff and hols the receipt and smile on my way out.

Stole a $100 dewalt bag and a $35 circ saw blade just a few days ago.

ahh and the drunken marines that roamed the streets at night

They used to be in and around Home Depots of NY and NJ, because that's were a lot of work is. They obviously won't be in rural areas. My cousin used to hire them all the time, picked them up in Jersey for menial jobs (demolition/cleanup) until he got busted by INS/ICE. He received a few tickets/fines, including about 100 bucks per worker. They busted him just has he left the lot, it's a good thing they didn't follow him to the job site. This was several years ago. Now they are much more careful.

Also, I should mention that I've never seen them at my Suburban NY store, granted its a small one, in a wealthy town. But the more working class areas? then you may see em

Do people often ask you about your wood?

Ask our certified lumberfag

Manager “I expect every associate to generate 2leads aweek”
Me and everyone else LOLing in her face

No. Contractors know what they want. Which works out because we have to much work to do to be able to handle a normal departments customer requirements

Is your management staff completely incompetent too?
Does anyone take that InFocus bullshit seriously?

I heard they cancelled the employee discount program do to abuse. Like contractors would take part time jobs at HD and get discounts on materials and tools. Is that true?

According to the Homedepot I work at we chain them to the back. Just call my manager and ask him. 1 (703) 482-0623

How much does a home cost?

Screw that, how much for a depot?

Welp, there's a shitload of them hanging outside the ones in Connecticut

Holy shit this is my store too. These greedy fucks even want lot attends to get leads.

Idk why but probably. We had a guy that got fired because on the day we marked down cull lumber and threw it away, He would get a cart and keep some of what he wanted. Wasnt a contractor or anything.

We do not sell de pot, we just here to have a.... good time

wtf is a lead. Like who is taking the toilet paper from staff washroom C?
>IT WAS TIM FROM PAINT
thanks for the lead user

>leads

U yankin my chain?

Nah, Tims fat ass is at the service desk

No dude. Are u all ratting on your coworkers giving up leads to managment all the time? Good for the one user who said hes not doing it

When are you going to man up and kill yourself?

Wtf are you talking about. A lead is an intstall scheduling. You really are yankin my chain

No you fuck i dont work at home depot how the fuck would i know your inside jargon??

Why is Lowes better?

People are the worst

Roof install, shed install, gutter install, kitchen remodeling, storm door install, the list goes on and on you dense retard. Pay attention at opening/closing meetings

Lord only knows

Do you know my mom

Then whyare you commenting like you do

Choke on a sliver

Why haven't you killed yourself?

You avoid the mobs of customers lul

this is fucking uncanny. I just got hired there, I have orientation in the morning. I'm gonna be running the Customer Service desk, $11/hr

WHAT THE FUCK. Does everyone on Sup Forums have to work at home depot? Im just some dude... You guys are fucked. Im going there tomorrow and punching the first cocksucker i see in an orange vest

What's the deal with airline food?

When do the Mexicans show up? It can't be that early, I heard they like to get up really slow because they have to

No your not. Pussy

Only 2 a week? Managers at the store I worked at expected like 1 a day. We'd get scolded constantly because literally nobody did it.

And who are these people?

Theyre aprons, not vests. Vests are at lowes

I got like 1 a month on average probably

They work with an orange apron

Then again I never asked. Only if someone seemed incapable. I hardly dealt with customers as I was basically on a forklift from the time I got there until I got off.

Home Depot is probably the one store I have brand loyalty for
I just moved to Ohio and people here recommend Harbor Freight for some stuff but fuck it I grew up on Home Depot and I always go there even for basic shit like road salt

In my store, a customer cam in trying to return a drill "in the box" We opened the box, and there were fresh cut 2x4's filling the box.
Customers excuse "well uhh... I bought it that way"
>mfw the mod returned it because there's nothing to prove he was lying.
>mfw the drill and the 2x4 were on the same receipt.

Yea. I had a guy come in with a weed wacker, and I opened it, and its an old, used one. Nothing like the one on the package. He obviously bought it to replace the one hes trying to return. Call a ASM over, and he takes it back no questions asked

Couple nightcrew guys at my store finally got caught stealing hundreds of thousands worth over a couple years. Filled up trashcans with merchandise and Swungby and picked it up when clear.

The one shit people did to lumber with returns was old as fuck lattice and fencing being returned after they just bought new ones. Free replacements on the house

Sawzall blades.

Menards bro

I once lifted an aluminum break from the rental department

is this how people get ahead in life? am i holding myself back by following the rules?

i see their tv ads but i don't think i've actually been in one, home depot is a bit closer

What do you recommend for a scratch on composite wood flooring? Also why do you guys leave all those barbecue grills outside? Can I steal one easily?

They haven't had employee discount for a long time. I worked there in 2007 and they didn't have them then

Theyre usually locked up but if you want free mulch or topsoil just swing by after midnight. Look out for nightcrew on smoke breaks though

This is why I love working at the depot. The amount of fucks given is hilarious.
The people that work on night crew in my store suddenly turn into Helen Keller when they're on any sort of machine.
I've heard horrors stories of the doors being knocked off the forklifts and not being reported.

We had our back roll up lumber door replaced because someone drove into it with the forklift. That same night someone fucking drove into it and now it has a colossal dent in it.

If it's minor, wax pencil. Major, repair kit from the manufacturer. Grills are tied with kevlar cables. Not the easiest thing to cut, but can done.

do you have a garage attached?
How many accidents happen involving long pieces of wood?

Probably could safely grab a few bags of that stuff during the day even. Assuming your quick enough.

Probably would be easier cutting the lock. Also, the combo for the lock is probably the same as the store number

Where do you work?

i always pity the guys who need to steal. you can tell they're doing it and you can tell they have pathetic lives from the get go. their clothes always look like shit and their hygiene always screams drug addict. they all act like they're so smart while every associate is looking at them like they're weirdos. the company can't do anything except watch you until they get a a big felony on you and then call the cops with all the video evidence so you get super fucked when they do decide to press charges. but i actually just want you to fuck off because i hate having to talk to crack heads, white trash and gang members, with their nervous ass "smooth" comments.

D28 waddup

most businesses have "leads" it's basically a number of an individual who wants a job done as a sales person you basically bid for their money. that can apply to any sales type job. it's not inside jargon, it's just adult working knowledge.