Whats the deal withpeople in the 50's-70's just lookign so much better than later generations in movies?

Whats the deal withpeople in the 50's-70's just lookign so much better than later generations in movies?

Ive been watching alot of older movies and TV shows lately, and Ive noticed the people from that era of TV/movies just look totally different from modern people.

Its not even just the hairstyles and clothing. Like the actual structure of peoples faces. How they stand and present themselves. Its like watching a totally different species.

What gives.

Other urls found in this thread:

endocrine.org/news-room/press-release-archives/2006/testosterone_lvls_in_men_decline
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I dunno.
More activity during upbringing?
Studios/producers emphasis on beauty over realism?

Filthy, degenerate race mixing.

better diet (meat and dairy wasn't hated yet)
more exercise
less xenoestrogens and phytoestrogens

The modern world is designed to make women big and thicc but to make men effeminate and weak

Nostalgia.

People were casted more for their looks back then. Later on people in Hollywood started to get more self aware of that typical Hollywood leading man aesthetic, and the style transitioned to more realistic and imperfect actors.

Why does she always look like one of her cats just died?

You're only looking at a select few things left over from that era i.e. probably the best stuff featuring the most aesthetically pleasing people. Go watch some random episodes of the Twilight Zone to see a bunch of average looking actors.

Lack of pixels.

Men dressed better and were more fastidious with their appearance.

You're delusional
All those things you've listed haven't changed enough to have any detectable change in appearance. You just believe that because you only see the celebrities and successful people of those times.

I think it has more to do with nepotism. Back then studios chose the most attractive actors they could find, now they just choose the children of their producers.

god damn he was good looking in the searchers

talk about dream boat material

no homo

Smoking, my man. It made mens face more rugged and their voices more deep. That's why James Dean looked older despite being only 24 when he died. People smoked alot and that changed how to their faces looked, for the better imo. That's why today you have a lot of baby-faced faggot 30 year old men, they don't smoke. People today don't smoke in genreal, it looks good on women but men look like numale baby faced beta faggots and get feminine voices from not smoking.

>inb4 numale faggots crying about smoking.

It's all in your head. You can fight off the xenoestrogens from your body. Don't succumb to them.

Funny, I was watching this episode today and remarked on how striking Pike looks.

doesn't nicotine suppress hunger too?

everyone knows skinny is 99% more attractive then fat rare cases were it looks bad

Yeah it does, smoking makes you lose wight. It's not a weight loss program but women back in the day smoked to keep some pounds off.

There was less media being produced so only the cream rose to the top. These days you're hard-pressed to find a 7/10 for your lead just because they have gigs already.

Bullshit faggot, you can even see handsome men as far back as the Civil War. Just look up some random pics, and men back then just looked better. Like what OP is describing.

I wasn't trying to argue there were no handsome men. Are you trying argue they were all handsome?

/thread

Fun Fact: testosterone levels of modern men is statistically significantly lower than that of their grandfathers

No, but I think you got my point. They were handsome in that they looked like what OP was describing, and yeah not all of them.

>dairy
>better
Wew lad

>tfw 1940s Chad

>dairy
>not better

No they didn't people have always looked average by todays standards
Just as you can find handsome men, you can observe that most of them would look completely average and possibly ugly if you put them in modern clothes.

dont be naive. nepotism has never and will never end. it was just as much now as it is then.

if you think for a second these actors arent using pseudonyms youre lying to yourself. i mean the average joe and jane can be in a commercial or get a bit part but the leading roles belong to the children of the wealthy.

and if you havent noticed. gorgeous women like wealthy guys. they make good looking kids (most of the time) and those kids become the actors and actresses.

its because we are genetically unstable and we are degenerating slowly

the out of africa theory is bunk

males came from "foreign entity" and females were the non speaking big foot ape hominid they banged

i know it sounds crazy but think female horse + male donkey = mule

this produced both male and female humans that could speak

the bible speaks of this "sons of God came in unto the daughters of men"

this is actually why females we not allowed to speak on matters; they couldn't

I'm guessing the average person looked normal but 19th/early 20th century group photos always have atleast some inbred looking motherfuckers.

i think people just look better and black and white

I've had this picture on my computer for years and now I have a reason to use it

>ww2 generation and thier children
>actually allowed to exercise, go outside and play rough, eat red meat, ect
>more of the classic rugged tough guy look encouraged for hollywood over the twink look today

especially on the last one. I took a communications class in college and films some plays and theater stuff and a teacher made a comment how that era from 50s and 60s had that tough manly man look becuase movies were now more mainstreamed and live theater was taking a backseat, so makeup and design transferred to movies. Now its all CGI and computers but its just something thats always stuck with me

It was because of Technicolor 3-strip color process.

The colors really pop in Technicolor films because they used three separate black-and-white film strips and processed them in actual dyes instead of having silver particles react differently on separate emulsion levels as in later Kodachrome and C-41 process.

/thread

The quality of the American genepool has gone down pretty drastically in 100 years. Americans had more of their undiluted European genetics with sharper faces and features, now they look like inbred half-Mexican potatoes raised on Doritos.

california used to be white
Now we've been mixing with southern europeans and spics and niggers

>tfw you have to lower your standards because you'll never find a 1960's tier babe

Mixing with a spic still makes a person 75% or more European, not even that noticeable. It's more noticeable when chinks or niggers mix with whites.

Imagine living in a world where everything required physical effort and wasn't manufactured and engined.
You have to roll down window, walk upstairs, hang out your clothes, wash your dishes, walk to a friend's house to talk (one line per house, party lines were a problem), fix your own stuff, sometimes build your own stuff, cars weren't common, etc.
The world is an astoundingly different place. We have all kinds of new pollutants (not that things were cleab back then) and now we've got all these drugs everywhere.
There are a lot of reasons, user. A lot.

But California used to be Mexican territory...

Smoke, you numale beta faggots. Only a real numale beta faggot would argue against this. Betas have been conditioned to hate smoking no matter what.

Literal lack of testosterone, and a general preference in the media for certain types of looks

source: Sup Forums

California used to be 80% White, demographics shift fast in both directions.

This. Smoking literally increases testosterone levels.

Aren't spics counted as white? Or at least they used to be until the hordes of natives from Mexico came.

Beautiful post user.
A technician and artist's eye.

This. My mom went to one of the wealthiest high schools in California during the 1970s and a good chunk of the boys in her graduating class were super-pretty manlets whose families were rich from living there before statehood and owning all the land Orange County was built from.

Historically, no, in modern times, it's up to the person. In the times I'm talking about, White meant Anglo, Germanic, or Celtic.

It also gives you that manly rugged look and deepens your voice. Numales don't smoke hence their pudgy non-discript faces with feminine gay voices.

>just waste money in legal cancer, what are you? a beta numale pussy?
Retard.

t. Numale beta

Like clockwork.

yes good goy dont you want to be a real man?

>doesn't know cigarette compies are the last bastion of White Christian male companies.
>Doesn't know how jews actively force anti-smoking so heavy, and to create the very numale beta you are.

Good goy.

Whatever bro. I vape and that's just as cool. I feel like a blowing those big clouds.

Exercise, good health in general, good genes, make-up, hairstyle and fashion then, presentation (more militaristic, stern), etc.

There are plenty of attractive actors and actresses out there then and now as much as the opposite is also true. They didn't get as much attention through television and media I don't think so you didn't see their face every time you flip through channels.

They used white actors instead of jews and blacks

you're fucking stupid. The Bible verse is taken out of context as it was talking about angels who fucked human women and made the Nephillim. Then they fucked everything up so hard God flooded the world.

endocrine.org/news-room/press-release-archives/2006/testosterone_lvls_in_men_decline

Eat shit and die numale faggot

Because being a DYEL fag disqualified you from leading roles.

Yeah, my dad is white, mother Nicaraguan and I look 100% white with very subtle Latin features

Race mixing.
Not even kidding

Outside of the fact that they were cast for looks, the men were also typically older and more distinguished. Look at all the young, scrawny kids in those movies. Even most teens were well into their 30s then.

Same here, nigger. Mother is Cuban and I look 100% white. People never notice my latin roots until they see my last name. Though my mom already looked kinda white.

Now that you mention it, yeah.
But I've always noticed the voices more than the appearances. In older recordings, men have really distinct accents that have gradually gotten muted out now, especially in media.

Like, most people have heard the differences between a New York accent and southern accent, but those differences are barely anything compared to how people sounded in older stuff.

I'm half white, half mexican. Mexicans immediately recognize me as mexican and come up and start speaking spanish to me, while white people all think I'm just white. Shits weird.

>Even most teens were well into their 30s.

That's retarded, faggot. It literally was because of smoking. James Dean died when he was barely 24, yet he looked 27 or 28.

[Transatlantic accent meme fact inserted here]

It was Mexican territory but It was a couple of towns

Seriously the amount of people who talk about how the South west was "part of Mexico" like It fucking means anything shits me

It was theirs in a territorial, political sense, but they didn't use it. There was pretty much nothing in the South West but native Americans before It became a part of the United States. Places like San Diego and Los Angeles were literally a few hundred people when they were a part of Mexico. The Mexican emperor let Americans come into Texas and set up shop because they had no plans to use it otherwise. It was only after Texas became relevant because of its European-American settlers that they realised they'd made a mistake, and that speaks true for the entire South West.

Additionally, the South West has been part of the United States twice as long as It was part of Mexico.

Mexicans had that land, they didn't use it, they lost a war in which they had to give up that land, and that land has now been American significantly longer than It was ever Mexican

>being this triggered by some side comment.

I'll be honest, I forgot what this thread was, I thought I was on Sup Forums, this is the only Sup Forums thread I have open

Someone asked a normal, totally comprehensible question and got this as a response.

>beauty isn't realistic
spotted the uggo

Back then, there was more racial diversity in casting. I don't want to sound like a Sup Forumsfag but there is an inordinate amount of Jewish actors compared to the time OP is referring to. Those past actors look better because they have fresh different faces compared to the ones with Jewish features we've come so accustomed to now.