Who here thinks it's actually not that bad?

Who here thinks it's actually not that bad?

I kek at some of Sheldon's jokes. Learn plenty of science along the way.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kt_FXVKMbn4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like it, but I can't really explain why.
I never laugh, except at the terrible caricatures of actual people or characters.
The laugh track, the flat jokes, the absurdity, exaggeration, the grotesqueness are appealing in their way.
Its good like some low budget horror is.
Like elevator music.
The bright, shiny colors, the sounds, if nothing else are good as background.

It's comfy, these people act like actual geeks and argue like actual geeks.

If you've ever entered any pop-culture forum you'd know this is true.

"Jokes aren't even smart or funny" Perhaps, but if it wasn't for the laugh track you wouldn't get the jokes, because they science they talk is actually accurate most of the time.

It's just a really comfy show.

This.
Generally I don't laugh at the jokes themselves... I laugh at the delivery and the style of jokes. I love Howard's slimy, disgusting sense of humour because it fits his sleazy personality. I laugh at everything Sheldon does because in my mind he is the very definition of the autist we all talk about here.
When you watch any show long enough, you get attached and emotionally invested in the characters.

I think a lot of the population has never interacted with PhDs on a personal level, so they don't really know what it's like to operating at that level of intelligence while making light of it all. It doesn't help that the idea of high academic achievement and intellectual pride is still considered a threat to some egos, particularly unskilled and poor students. At the very least, any objective observer would say they're all very good comic actors

Let's keep this a secret, alright?
I used to watch and enjoy it with my mother. The show was super comfy.
My favorite episode was the time machine episode.

>so they don't really know what it's like to operating at that level of intelligence while making light of it all.

most Phds and high IQ genius people are very normal and are married with children and live a normal life

>I laugh at everything Sheldon does because in my mind he is the very definition of the autist we all talk about here.
Very much this, that dude is Sup Forums personified to an extent, thinks he's self-aware but is not, socially dysfunctional, thinks himself sardonic and witty but in reality he's just autistic in a fake meme ironic way.

Sup Forums I think youve taken your epic contrarianism a bit far here

It's shit past season 3. Introducing Amy was fine at first but her character quickly changed from robot to sexually repressed dork.

>he says whilst being contrarian.

Her sexuality was awaken.

Agreed. One must at the minimum qualify for Mensa membership if they are to truly appreciate the show and it's range of humor/nuance.

it was passable until they introduced the gfs.

peaked seasons 5/6, don't know how much longer they can keep milking it, still rarely not worth watching

I don't like it, but it's fine. It's just a variation of the "That 70's Show" formula. People just get triggered because "muh attack on nerd culture" shit.

I do, kind sir. I'm surprised it's not more popular on this sub! xD

BEPZINKI

This. The show took a turn to the worse when Leonard and Penny hooked up, which was around season 3 finale or something. I feel the science part of the show started getting less and less sciency and more video gamey. Also, the show was about geeks who are very low in the social ladder and them getting girlfriends kinda ruins that.

I feel they started catering to female and non-nerdy audience and lost a good portion of what made it good in the first place. Dropped the show long, long ago and don't know if it's gotten better or worse since then.

What I mostly hate about this garbage show is how all the supposed 'friends' literally seem to fucking loathe each other. There's almost never a sign or glimpse of actual friendship in a casual moment. Theyre all little annoying passive agressive insufferable faggots in every second of the show. Not to mention, all the characters are so fucking hateable and gay, and their nigger agressive attitude and only amplifies it. I shit on my freinds every now and then, but these faggots in the show are always spouting half-witted insults at each other every fucking possible second.

I love this show. Only self appointed "REAL nerds xD" all aware of how top accurately the show covers their previoisly believed snowflake persona claim it's bad. These are the same people who watch the IT crowd to feel like le "authentic" geeks.

youtube.com/watch?v=kt_FXVKMbn4

A Big Bane?..