Can Sup Forums get Spiderland into the National Recording Registry?

I posted this yesterday but I'm posting again in case there's anyone who didn't see it that would like to support.

The National Recording Registry is a program run by the Library Of Congress to make a list of recordings that are "culturally, historically, or aesthetically important, and/or inform or reflect life in the United States." The recordings are then preserved for future generations.

They accept nominations from the public and in fact the number of nominations a recording receives are a very important part of the process in selecting what recordings are preserved.

If everyone on Sup Forums nominated Spiderland do you think we could get it preserved?

Link to the site to nominate.
research.net/r/national-recording-registry-nominations-2017

If you nominate Spiderland or just support the idea please bump the thread so others will see.

Thank you.

>follow link
>down for maintenance
Literally the worst time you could post this thread, OP

vote itaots instead nobody cares about slint

Sorry. I didn't check. I just copied what I posted yesterday.

keeping it alive bump

why Spiderland?

>"culturally, historically, or aesthetically important, and/or inform or reflect life in the United States."
Then put in ITAOTS instead.

It sounds nice

this
op is a slint loving faggot, I might as well post a thread for my favourite album

I really hate Spiderland to be honest with you all. Whiny emo trash.

You can nominate up to 50 recordings. Why not both?

both albums are white neckbeard crap for numales, stop fighting like if someone is right

yeah why tf spiderland?

if we're gonna do this why don't we try to get something actually relevant and widely influential in there like pic related

You’re of a lower form of intelligence than me and I know it.

How about we nominate an album that actually mattered?

Sup Forums should just put together a list of Sup Forums approved albums to nominate and then nominate them all

because that's not funny, and plus that album is already in it retard

That's already in ya dingus.

then our work is done

what kind of self respecting Sup Forumstant wouldn't like to see THE meme album being formally acknowledged by the government

Link works for me.

because pic rel is THE TRUE meme album

You can put more than one album you whiny fucks, god damn

then start a thread encouraging people to nominate it

that's the album i was talking about dingus

shut up you slint cuck

Why Spiderland?
Why not .
Why not both with

>people arguing about Spiderland vs ITAOTS

Just nominate both.

Fuck off slint virgins, Neutral Milk Hotel chads are taking over

>NMH
>Chad
lol

anything is chad compared to spiderLAME

bumping for nomination

Wonder if could get a death grips album persevered?

I voted for this album already, but as I said in the last thread, pic related needs to be in there as well.

Honestly seems more likely to happen once the the last of the 90's druggie rockers are working within the NRR that seem to to love DG

>inb4 soundgarden
>too soon?
>Eddie Vedder is on the inside and and is frequently informed on insider info

yea probably the money store for some time capsule meta pop influence bs

Recordings only become eligible after ten years.

Fuck slunt.

Why?

bump

Overrated trash. Lame ass vocals, guitars are thin and weak. It sounds exactly like a bunch of kids making an album.

whatever christgau

The album has to be at least 15 years old in order to be nominated

Honest to god, this needs to be inducted. Regardless of Chester's death, this (and the band in general) has had an insane amount of impact on the music industry

just when i thought we were fucking rid of you

I don't even know what you're talking about

stop posting faggot

ITAOTS instead for 5 reasons

>it's
>the
>better
>fucking
>album

Agree to disagre.

I listen to this every day

nominated

because it set the scene for an entirely new genre of rock music to follow. With no slint there would be no Gybe, DMST, the list goes on...

>no Gybe, DMST, the list goes on...
sounds good to me

the smiths is literally tumblr. vegan core killers-lite

you're the first person to mention the smiths so far

but while we're on the topic they're 10000000000x better than slint

nominate White Light/White Heat

why? tvu & nico is already in there and is definitely the more influential album to boot

I nominated Spiderland, ITAOTS, Lift Yr Skinny Fists, and Soundtracks for the Blind. Honestly I'd be happy if we got any Sup Forumscore in

except the meme known as AnCo

sorry i meant pixies, thats how bland they are. get them confused with other marketed sony-tier crap.

>tfw Johnny Cash's cover will probably get in over this masterpiece

wew

The odds of anything getting in are slim, only 25 recordings are put in every year, but it is possible and support from the public really can make a difference. Notably Back To The Future was put in the National Film Registry, which the Library Of Congress also runs, because of a large fan campaign nominating it.

At Folsom Prison is already in and I don't think they put more than one album or single in per artist.

bump

Just put every single album recorded in the Library of Congress. Music shouldn't be more special than others. Let people discover godlike music themselves.

>not understanding the genius of STGSTV

Definitely. I'd rather have this than Slint or NMH.

remain in light is already in there, so is the banana album

Come on, this album it's not THAT good.

>i'd rather have some shitty highschool-core band inducted than meme itaots in for shits n gigs

what a fucking queer

If Nirvana is inducted, then RHCP for sure deserves to be in as well.

nirvana is shit but for whatever reason had a massive impact, the only thing RHCP influenced was a bunch of 13 year old stoners to beg mommy and daddy for a bass for christmas so they could play it for 3 months and then give up because they didn't sound like flea

They also spawned Rap Rock and Funk Metal, which turned into Rap Metal, which became Nu Metal.

Not saying that as a compliment.

yeah so if anything they should be punished for leading to that garbage

Trips confirm

Already said here: ()

But seriously, Blood Sugar Sex Magik was very important in the development of alternative rock to become mainstream. If grunge had not existed, this album would have been THE alternative album of the decade, both in terms of cultural significance and musical longevity. RHCP, along with Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam laid the groundwork for alt. rock, and deserve to have BSSM on the NRR.

nu-Sup Forums doesnt really consider those Sup Forums-core anymore, same with ITCOCK

doesn't matter what a bunch of underage retards think, Sup Forumscore doesn't change

bump

"Nah"

bahmp

>hating Slint
>hating Spiderland
Everybody stop and think

support bump

Fuck yeah. If Nevermind is there. This should be too.

So has Justin Beiber now fuck off

Neck yourself faggot. You mean that the MTV Pixies marketed for angsty teens is better than an ORIGINAL album with great musicianship.