What do you think about alligator meat?

What do you think about alligator meat?

tbh i'd really like to try it someday, i once saw a restaurant which was serving it but parents were pretty reluctant to it... still, seems pretty tasty and i guess the swamp water gives it a boost in taste

Never tried it.

havent tried it, but given the chance, i'd eat it

A little oily, but pretty good.

never had it before. mite b cool

I live in Florida, this is my crack

how often do you eat it?

Same. Grew up in 863. Don't overcook it or it will turn to rubber

It's good. Not amazing.
But it's good.

i had alligator soup once at a dive bar nearby, was delicious

I've never had it. What part of the alligator is used?

You guys are fucking disgusting.
You'd actually fucking eat a swamp lizard.
How depraved are you that you'd actually consider eating one of these things.
It literally bathes in piss, feces, and swamp water.

Its bland when you don’t spice it up a little, kinda a mix between chicken and fish. Don’t overcook it, the best way is deep fried in spices and batter

Look, we know you're gay. But you gotta stop acting like a faggot.

Oily. Don't like the flavor. If it tasted like Chicken Thigh, I'd be out there killing those fuckers like popcorn.

I don't.

Interesting... it kind of reminded me of scallops in taste and texture. I only had a small amount, but would definitely try more.

I had some alligator jerky from new Orleans a few times. It's cut with beef but as jerky is phenomenal. Not sure about fried though. Never tried it.

So does your mom, but I ate her out anyway as well.

"Roasted Alligator Nutsack" is what made Emiril LeGasse famous.

You eat pork and they eat shit, why are you being a little bitch?

>it but parents were pretty reluctant to it

And what was stopping you to go get it yourself?

The taste is fine, but it's chewy as hell. Not much fun to eat, and expensive.

Tail mostly.
If it's not overcooked its great.
Tastes kinda like a mix of pork chop/fish.

Most places serve it deep fried, and it's fine, but you can prepare it in many different ways that bring out the flavor a bit better.

My step dad used to grill it with veggies and it was mind blowing.

We'd also do poke salad on the side when it was in season, so much good food out int he wilds in central Florida.

I'm not super into it but I'd try it. I'd also like to try rattler meat that they eat out West, I hear it's like chicken but nice and tough and chewy.

Seriously - it's kinda scary just how GOOD pig tastes, though, isn't it? I mean, you fry up their skin - Delicious. Fry their belly-fat - Delicious - Smoke their asses for 3 days - Delicious.

So God made the most delicious animal one that lives in fucking shit, then told the Jews and Mudslimes they can't eat them.

More for us Catholics I guess. Gonna go cook me a rack o' ribs now.

Alligator is pointless. Chewy and not very tasty. Chicken is better. Wild Florida pig is very good.

my stupid innocence of a broke 12yo kid, was in mauritius at the time and never got the chance to get back there. Somehow someday i'll be able to get some

ever meet the florida man

It's okay. I usually feed most of it to other alligators.

I like it. Its like a mix of chicken and shrimp.

we eat crocodiles in brazil, it's not at all common, but you can find it. I guess it's the same, it's like a lobster fucked a chicken. I like it

It's okay, nothing special. It's kinda hard to find a place where they don't deep fry it though.

Delicious.

The name "alligator" is probably an anglicized form of el lagarto, the Spanish term for "the lizard", which early Spanish explorers and settlers in Florida called the alligator. Later English spellings of the name included allagarta and alagarto.

Good fuckin shit. One of my favorites.