0.5 Thread

Post albums you rated 0.5 on RateYourMusic, have other people guess personalities/rate your ratings.

mine contains crap from the bottom of the rym charts, muse, and modern progressive rock/metal
clipping without the I is great, come on

Really edgy

>muse
Why them?

Well that's not very nice.

Why do people even rate music anything below 2.5? How are you listening to so much music you don't enjoy? I literally just listen to music I know i'd like, what kind of twisted lives do you people live?

You hate music you consider yourself above as well as music you don't understand, I'd assume your taste in general is defined by posturing

what did you expect from the imagine project lol

they used to really piss me off and I havent relistened to most of their music. I did however listen to origin of symmetry again and its just above average with terrible production

>How are you listening to so much music you don't enjoy?
I don't know whether I'm gonna like or dislike an album before I listen to it.
I just rate honestly. If you saw my 'curve' it's a lot more positive than it is negative.

how do you know you enjoy it if you don't listen to it?
>listen to something
>don't like
>rate low
that's how it works

>Brainbombs
>Captain Beefheart
hates fun and interesting rock music
>clipping
>shabazz palaces
hip hop "purist"
>Pablo Honey, Herbie stuff
Is a giant fan of Radiohead and Herbie and was very disappointed in these albums

Understandable hate, probably pretty based

BABY TE QUIERO WOOOOOOOOOOO

awful taste

>nigga
lol
cool reviews btw

Labels
Genres
Descriptors
I just listen to stuff I know I'll like, I'm open to try new music but there's usually some connecting factory.
I just don't understand the concept of rating something you would willingly listen to despite knowing you'd not enjoy it, example being a rock fan listening to John Coltrane and rating it 0.5 (If you go onto Blue Train you'll see alot of this) and literally wasting your own time and rating by doing so. That is what makes no sense to me.

>blackland radio 66.6 is a 0.5
i wanna see your 1s, faggot

did you actually listen to that recording of 4'33" or did you just rate it on principle

>Giving Get Rich or Die Tryin a low score

Confirmed for being a weak frail beta. Go lift something and increase your love of life.

i watched a video

the absolute madman

my 1's are more interesting

>I just don't understand the concept of rating something you would willingly listen to despite knowing you'd not enjoy it,
no one does that
>example being a rock fan listening to John Coltrane and rating it 0.5
yeah fuck people who want to try different stuff, even worse when they try the biggest artists
you sound really close minded, bet you don't know much about lots of styles
stop being mad just because some people dislike things

>mark hollis
R E EE E E

>mark hollis
die

wtf I think I know your account
what do you have agains Meta Meta my dude

Well you were very rude but I'll comply anyway.

All well deserved and fair, aside from maybe Tonight.

sounds like the exact stuff made by those annoying, extremely pretentious literature majors... to be honest it's been a long time since I listened to it so I can't say much
I know, people love him
it's just not my kind of ambient

I don't have any 0.5s but my one 1.0 is Camp by Childish Gambino

>labor days
its not ace's fault that you're retarded

>sounds like the exact stuff made by those annoying, extremely pretentious literature majors...
that's half of Brazil's experimental rock scene desu
have you listened to Clara Crocodilo?

But it is his fault he chooses garbage producers.

>no one does that
sure user, if you believe that.
>yeah fuck people who want to try different stuff,
I never said anything about that, I want nothing more than for people to try style. But as mentioned, to listen to maybe two or three albums of a genre and call it quits is pathetic and a complete waste of a rating. If you're a rock fan (as mentioned, go check out Blue Trains lowest rated reviews) and you decide to listen to Jazz, just to try it out. And you listen to Blue Train, a Love Supreme and Bitches Brew, why would you ever feel like your voice matters when rating or reviewing those albums? Why even waste your own time?

blockhead is pretty solid, whom should he have gotten?

>why would you ever feel like your voice matters when rating or reviewing those albums? Why even waste your own time?
people rate for themselves, dude
I can see that against reviews but people rate whatever the fuck they want with the score they want and complaining about it is pointless

>that's half of Brazil's experimental rock scene desu
yeah, I go to art school here, it's a mix of too pretentious and not pretentious enough
>have you listened to Clara Crocodilo?
some day I will, it's been on my list for years now
>But as mentioned, to listen to maybe two or three albums of a genre and call it quits is pathetic and a complete waste of a rating
the fuck is a "waste of rating"?
>why would you ever feel like your voice matters when rating or reviewing those albums?
I rate stuff for myself, I don't care if no one sees it

the lowest I rate is a 2.

>whom should he have gotten?
I listened to his albums Skeleton and The Impossible kid as well (both self produced by him).

I didn't LOVE the albums but I thought they were much better than Labor Days.