Space Films

I need some good space films, obscure to popular, already released to upcoming movies, etc.

interested in all space genre's from comedy to horror to action: all except romance; different languages are cool, too.
>ex: Sunshine (2007)
>bad example: Passengers (2016)

Thanks Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=y0whZic8xNc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Both versions of Solaris have a little romance, but are about greater concepts. I am reminded of them after watching Arrival.

You haven't even seen Passengers, and area already saying it is bad?
Nothing wrong with romantic subplots, if they are treated well.
Just be the way you express yourself you sound like a total fucking idiot, and probably underage.

I don't like you.

bumping

Europa report
event horizon
interstellar
moon

Sunshine was great btw other than the very end. idk wtf they were thinking. but everything leading up to that was so comfy and I wish I had a better tv to watch it on

Did I say it was bad?
I'm just not interested in romance sub-plots at the moment, I'm still going to watch it when its released.

It's not like this thread is going to get 100 posts cause of all the shitposting, so wouldn't it be better to narrow down to the genres I want to see first?

2001: A Space Odyssey
2010: The Year We Make Contact
Moon
Space Cowboys
Silent Running
Alien franchise
Event Horizon
The Martian
Interstellar (meh)
Le Voyage dans la Lune

I'm currently digging that stuff as well.

Watch the new documentary of Malick, but wait for the IMAX version.

yup, Sunshine was amazing, and of course the last parts were a bit disappointing, but watching it on IMAX made up for it.

Jason X, seriously

I really thought interstellar was better than the Martian. the Martian doesn't even feel like a "sci fi" space movie.

I think the worst part about interstellar was its marketing as "best movie of the century!!!!" because then everyone walked out going "nuh uh I've seen better in 100 years." as a sci fi movie I thought it was pretty incredible. a little try hard with the score but hey, that's zimmer for ya

What do you all think of arrival? Just saw it and it was good in my opinion (I'm a linguist so I may have bias)

so bad. no

not good in any genre

You havent seen it in 15 years

I saw it a few weeks ago via Halloween nonsense. it's shit. bad horror, bad sci fi. basically a sci fi originally before they were trendy for being shit on purpose.

syfy original*

On the Silver Globe

>jlaw
>good
Fuck off Jennifer

Interstellar is garbage and Europa Report was as well.

Solaris remake is better

I just didn't like that whole love shit at the end of Interstellar, made me think I was in a Disney movie.
The Martian at least had cool agriculture stuff, which I always enjoy.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=y0whZic8xNc

Solaris (2003) gets a little sappy at the end. I really like the visuals and the Cliff Martinez soundtrack.

To get a full cerebral version, the book is the way to go. However, learning about the futility of communicating with a truly alien intelligence and Kelvin's loss is very depressing.

>Solaris (2003)
>3
>33333
not bad

Europa report was good until the end

there was nothing wrong with interstellar, you're just a hater, prove me wrong.

Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning

Europa report was an entirely mediocre B movie

Interstellar is directed by Nolan. He is an exposition machine. Its bad enough hes holding your hand the entire time when all the movie is about is high school level physicis and time dilation, the pompousness of this man thinking hes clever, only to once again shoot himself in the foot in the third act, completely hammy, completely cliche, completely dull and predictable drama made for plebs who lap it up. He tried to go full Kubrick, he failed miserably, he shot himself in the foot. The entire movie is a wank piece that is so conveniently bundled to make a happy ending. Just complete hogwash. Nothing outweighs this, just a complete waste of time

Europa Report showed you could make an interesting movie with a low budget. I would have liked it better if they never [spoiler/] showed the monster at the end [/spoiler]

I was into the movie but its just not something id watch again. Nyqvuist as always was very good. I guess i just didnt think the ending was worth the trip idk, probably because of the script and budget constraints

why is it that Nolan tried to go Kubrick? maybe Nolan just went Nolan.

i don't understand the whole "it isn't good unless 99% of the population doesn't get it" thing or "le happy endings are dumb." it was a good sci fi movie. what else do you actually want?

>i don't understand the whole "it isn't good unless 99% of the population doesn't get it" thing or "le happy endings are dumb." it was a good sci fi movie. what else do you actually want?
I want good directing. Im sorry you dont see how utterly shit Nolan is. He is exposition ridden and cliche. If you don't think he tried to go Kubrick youre insane, he clearly appreciates 2001 and homages it. If you want to make excuses yea Nolan went Nolan, he had the entire Universe at his disposal and all we get is babbys first scifi, dude theres a tesseract in the bedroom.

It's something I can't forgive, his vision is almost campy yet he tries to be serious. It just lacks so much. Reliant on visuals is fine but he is dull in the end, its a dull script.

whats wrong with homaging things?

Nolan is on a similar level with Cameron. they make solid, safe movies. Nolan is a little more solid whereas Cameron is a little more safe but they both are just that: solid AND safe. they make money. interstellar was a fine sci fi movie. no, it wasn't anything totally original at all in terms of sci fi in any aspect. it was all average, but it was made up for by the visuals score and acting. it was a solid movie end of story. no one is trying to defend Nolan as a great director. he's a safe director. all he's saying is interstellar is a solid movie. don't look at what it's trying to be if that's what you think is happening. just as a stand alone sci fi it's pretty good

Why are you putting words into my mouth? Is it because you actually dont get what im saying?

Suck a dick reddit. The apologists on here are fucking terrible, what a shit board. Hans Zimmer is a Handel ripoff, the visuals are lame and the acting is nothing special

not apologizing for anything but it's funny how you jump to the Reddit argument when you don't know what to say. maybe you should go there yourself.

clearly you want an all original everything. but I'm asking why not original is bad?

oops