What does Sup Forums think of this album?

What does Sup Forums think of this album?

belongs in the garbage

Forgot about it after two listens/10

Love it. I think it was a good return to form for Godspeed. The two long songs are excellent, especially Anthem with the old western guitar sound and trumpet. My only complaint is that it could have used some samples like their older work.

wrong

i think its very good
didnt expect to like it so much

What's wrong?

could've been better with much better mixing, everything is just weak as fuck

Problem with Godspeed as that everyone wants something as good as Lift Your Skinny Fists or F#A#infinity, and instantly disregards their new albums because they're not that good.

If some new band from Bandcamp came out with something like Luciferian Towers or even Asunder, everyone would lose their shit.

doesnt between on mu

would have rather had a new hrsta album

Personal 10/10 from this year.
Fite me Sup Forums

that's what happens when you put out two whole genre defining albums
its all the same shit, if anything set fire to flames needs a new album

I didn't get very far with it. I'd do the earlier albums before coming back to it. Also, needs to be heard on headphones not the 5w speakers I played it through.

its actually good. mu and pitchfork only give it shit because it doesn't sound like lift yr skinny fists.

but is it as good as yanqui

if it's just some filler garbage like asunder or allelujah then i don't care

If this was made by any other generic crescendo-core post-rock band it would be a solid album. But since this aint no generic post-rock band this album simply sounds very bland and boring. Overall a step backwards compared to the previous release which was itself kind of meh already. Light 6/10

It was ok, 7/10. Obviously it has nothing compared to their earlier stuff but overall pretty ok.

'Allelujah isn't filler.

allelujah sucks, the short tracks are miles better than the long ones

No.

yes

2 of the songs were good. the opening song started good but the key change was awful. In the scheme of new music this year compared to contemporary rock bands, easily and 8.5/10.

Compared to their other work, a strong 5.

And next you're going to claim that reunion Swans is better than 90's Swans?

this

not as good at yanqui, not even close.

But agree that asunder and allelujah is literally just sun o teir filler. Did they literally sit around and mix that thinking it was good?

80's swans is the patrician choice
asunder is better than allelujah but still boring, honestly the drone at the end of lambs' breath is the most interesting part of the album

>asunder is better than allelujah but still boring, honestly the drone at the end of lambs' breath is the most interesting part of the album

agreed. It was still like eating a raw piece of meat with the last bite being cooked well done.

90's is the best period. Period.

wrong

sound tracks for the blind may have been released in the 90's but plenty of its material was recorded in the 80's, and as far as the rest of their 90's output goes their 80's output is better

White Light and Love of Life alone are better than anything they made in the 80's. Soundtracks is just the cherry on top.

white light is fantastic but love of life is lacking, white light is only on par with their 80s stuff

It's a fantastic album. It's hard to believe that a band can still be so good after 21 years, specially in such a tedious genre as post-rock

Nah, Mladic is perfect

mladic isn't that bad but it isn't good

we drift is fucking trash tho

manages to create a decent atmosphere

unnecessary like the other 2 they put out since getting back together, but I enjoyed it

(You)

in the scope of post-rock as a whole, purdy gud. In godspeed's discog, bottom tier. good music for the middle of a long car ride.

(you) are among friends. I did not like asunder. This is exactly what I wanted from a GYBE album though. Glad they realized the strengths of their old song writing and how amthemic it feels. I can see how the politics turn some off but Menuck is a pro at writing revolutionary anthems (Slow Riot For New Zero Kanada, tons of stuff by thee silver Mt Zion

Honestly I can say that I enjoy every Godspeed album and this one is no exception, though I was a little hesitant at first. It's better than Yanqui at least. The long tracks are great, though the shorter ones are quite dull, they need to bring back that real aggressive drone sound they had on ADBA rather than this soft violin stuff.

Never bothered to listen to it. I already know what it's going to sound like anyway.

I decided against listening to it after I read that cringy text on it

Someone post the press release.

enjoyed it a lot. Nothing particularly new, but a good return to form after sheep

Didn't like it that much and was even more disappointed when they played the whole thing in concert and only two old i.e. much better songs at the end.

bretty shit desu

If some band from Bandcamp came out with this no one would even know about it because it would be lost in the deluge of generic post-rock bands.

did antifa boycott them for the "no export to israel" yet?

Why does everyone hate Yanqui? It's one of their best albums.

Godspeed are still up there, it's a great album, weird to listen to short songs from them though, I guess this album is more pleb-friendly

What's with that garbage taste in this thread? Yanqui was GYBE's first album where they didn't sound like some amateur indie rock band that tried too hard to make you cry with a melodramatic sound, and Allelujah is their absolute peak.

Probably my AOTY. I feel like people are overlooking the fact that Anthem For No State (especially the outro in pt 3) is one of the best things they've ever released, and this is coming from someone who rates all of their other material at least a 9/10.

Would love to get another long album from them with field recordings and stuff. They've definitely got it in them

One of my fav post-rock album of the year.

At last, artists with balls.

Without filler songs it would make great EP.

Imagine being this spineless and easily swayed.

whhow how does that make him spineles

unpopular opinion: luciferian towers is a 10.

antifa doesn't even know who gybe is, they're all normies protesting on behalf of people who don't actually have any reason to protest

they're not even antifa, they're just a bunch of rich white kids who thought the emblem looked cool and would give them a shred of legitimacy

I don't know... I think Bosses Hang Pt. III is the best track on the album, but Anthem for No State Pt. III is pretty good