4 and a half minutes of silence is still music and as good as any other music because art is subjective. Prove me wrong

4 and a half minutes of silence is still music and as good as any other music because art is subjective. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pUTXNxFvjDw
youtube.com/watch?v=oC7t35Jv9uI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You aren't wrong, but you sound pretty fucking stupid.

You're right.
I love silence. It's a good alternative when music is too loud.

I can't, because I agree with you

>tfw godlike composer is only remembered for one of his musical shitposts

Silence is music, but music is better music

youtube.com/watch?v=pUTXNxFvjDw

4 and a half inches of big black cock inside your mum’s anus is still cock and as good as any other cock because anal is subjective. Prove me wrong.

Wow OP posted my fave song EV4R

Music is by definition 'sound'. Silence is no sound. Pass the fuckin' joint, user.

People on Sup Forums are retarded when it comes to understanding objectivity/subjectivity.

Objectively your composition is shit because you didn't do anything, and to say that that's the same as the works of composers that are immensely talented and dedicate so much time and concentration into their art is just plain wrong. There is something about some pieces that lend themselves to facilitating a listener's enjoyment and connection. This is an objective aspect of the music.

The problem is anything can only be accessed subjectively. So sure, like what you like, it's the best you or anyone else can do. But of course no one is going to value a recording of literally nothing (inb4 people mention 4'33 which is totally different)

There is no subjective only objects that form consciousness. The individual is the fallacy.

This is true but why did you post this

Silence? Maybe

SOUND OF Silence? Yes

Disturbed cover? Piss off

Fuckin' David Icke shit over here.

Mmmm I'd say it would classify as art if there's some meaning behind 4mins of silence. I could argue it would count as the deconstruction of music itself but the lack of notes makes me think it wouldn't fall in the music category

Everybody talks about the silent one but I prefer the cactus noise. I did a report on it in high school

youtube.com/watch?v=oC7t35Jv9uI

art's quality isn't determined by how much time or effort is put into it, otherwise objectively all classical art would best all the works of modernism. the point is about executing a vision or idea, which i think john cage succeeded in

The first philosophical hurdle of load of rubbish is subject / object . Then it can get interesting.

What’s your favorite part?

Doesn't art involve creating something?

>trying to put constraints on art
come back when you've enlightened yourself

If art is subjective then how are certain albums objectively good?
>JudenSmithBigBrain.jpg

this

4'33" unironically changed my perspective on the concept of music

I feel kind of bad for people who don't understand it

objects have properties. these properties create your mind. if you add time into the garbage i'n typing, it can allow for things to be good, then bad due to circumstances of the experiences in total. the room of inanimate things is conscious of you is my position.