What was the message of this film?

What was the message of this film?

Dude LSD lmao

"Impartiality" is the first thing that came to mind, i figured i'd at least give it a shot considering this is my favorite movie. Not to try and cop out but i feel that not all movies need a very clear or large message or even any message at all. This is a very peaceful and meditative movie that allows me to lend some humility to my perspective

That Gaspar Noe is all style and no substance.

we all want to fuck our sisters and become our own nephews

Style=substance

it's a visual medium you dink

if you think all art needs to have a message you've got a shit ideology

I haven't read much about the prodcution but I reckon Noe thought it would be dope to film a film mostly on cranes

Fuck your sister while you still can.

it's the same gaspar noe routine of DUDE SEX LMAO

the beauty of the film is that the message is intrinsically inaccessible for so many viewers. The grimy sleazy aspect is pretty standard of Noe's films, it's confronting and allows the story of the character to evolve without being framed as a 'protagonist'.

The drug DMT, is a chemical naturally produced by the brain and is released during dreaming and allegedly whilst dying. The process of smoking DMT places one in a state of extreme psychedelia and occasional total loss of ego (you forget your name, the fact that you are a human - you forget what humans are....) the experience strips you of your past, your fears, your desires and just places you in a 'soup' of consciousness completely unfiltered by our societal conditioning. The themes of drug crime, violence, depression and incest all but fade away to obscurity for Alex, who is weighed down by the emotional baggage of his life and that of his sister. By simulating the chemical process of dying, as a drug habit, Alex is coming to terms with dying, and the meaninglessness of life itself.

Through dying, he reconciles all the darkness of his life, and though not being able to right anything, is able to still get free.

don't deal drugs in japan

>if you think all art needs to have a message you've got a shit ideology

Tell that to the artfags I go to school with.

Fucking deplorables.

wish i had a sister :(

I love you, you beautiful soul

style IS substance

>tfw DMT is your favorite drug
>tfw it has no serious side effects as long as you don't take it more than once every 9 months or so
>tfw a trip lasts 5 minutes but it's still the best drug out there according to anyone who's taken it
>tfw smoking it once makes the room smell like burnt plastic for the next year
>tfw you can't ever offer it or tell anyone you've done it because you have to freebase it out of a crackpipe and it has a scary name
>tfw there's no way to describe the trip without sounding like a disgusting hippie rambling about consciousness and the nature of time

and I love you too, internet stranger.

I got like 20 mins into this and dropped it, I'm usually into weird movies but this one is gay

More like don't bluff you have a gun to cops

That last fucking feel

I don't taker psychedelics any more but damn trying to explain the most mindblowing religious experience you had to someone who is allergic to that new age bullshit is impossible.

I do yoga now and have to sneak all these qualifiers into my sentences like

"man all those preachy new age people give people who do yoga a bad name"
"N-no I do classical yoga not that new age stuff where they do it underwater or in a sauna.."
"y-yeah I'm vegetarian but only because I don't want animals to become a part of my beautiful body n-not because I care about animals that much.. y-yeah haha.."

Peaceful? I can think of a lot of words to describe this movie and peaceful is not one of them. I've seen it twice, and it left me depressed and feeling like shit both times.

this. I would too if my sister was Paz de la Huerta

this.
what the fuck.
Some of the film was shot through strobe lights, how could anyone find it peaceful.

jealousy is pathetic user

Life is the void.

Look i know it's not just a calm relaxing movie all the way through, i mean just look to the intro which i'm sure could give some people anxiety. But the nature of the film being Oscar kind of reflecting on his life and you as a viewer getting a sense of the darkness and aimlessnes which had lead him to Japan, there's an optimism to the fact that he's absolved and reincarnated innocent

just say you're vegetarian for health reasons

it was DMT you dungus

the message of this film was "de Dutch.. de Dutch are scum."

Dude "kys" LMAO

Dude, O nobly-born... the body which you have now is called the thought-body of propensities. Since you do not have a material body of flesh and blood, whatever may come--sounds, lights, or rays--are, all three, unable to harm you; you are incapable of dying. It is quite sufficient for you to know that these apparitions are your own thought-forms. Recognize this to be the Bardo, LMAO