Best Albums of 2017?

I havent listened to many recent releases since maybe March, so Sup Forums, what are the best albums of the year (so far)? Image Not Related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y45L5Gi9RUY
youtube.com/watch?v=_5Ikl4y3dW0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

start here

check these out

>a bunch of shit-hop
this board's really gone to shit

youtube.com/watch?v=y45L5Gi9RUY

>Memeboi carri
>Lamar's latest hyped up vapid trash
>Wrong brockhampton release

Ok

Goddamn, rappers are fucking obnoxious.

Oxbow album is my aoty desu

lil pump is bad even for soundcloud rap standards

people don't fuck with me!

My three favorite records from the year are:

Iglooghost - Neo Wax Bloom (wonky, like Flying Lotus but less jazzy, more structurally complex and more colorful)
Big KRIT - 4eva Is A Mighty Long Time (perhaps the ONLY hip hop double album that isn't bloated with filler; really runs the gamut of Southern approaches to hip hop)
Pyrrhon - What Passes For Survival (one of the most intense death metal records put out, but instead of relying on really raw distorted tones it uses technicality and very creative songwriting to achieve this, lotta jazzy/post-hardcore/grind influences here)

Here's a few of my favourite releases this year

Tiny Hazard - Greyland (art pop)
Brendan Byrnes - Neutral Paradise (microtonal synthpop)
Hadouk - Le Cinquieme Fruit (jazz)
Clap! Clap! - A Thousand Skies (uk bass)
Кpacнoзнaмeннaя Дивизия Имeни Moeй Бaбyшки – Пocмepтныe пpиключeния (indie pop)
Dutch Uncles - Big Balloon (new wave)
Benjamin Clementine - I Tell A Fly (art pop)
Mac DeMarco - This Old Dog (jangle pop)

might give that ol iglooghost a listen

lol im a big mac fan but i dont think old dog deserves an 8. tell me why you liked it? also if you didnt like king gizzard that much try this album(pic related)

fantano pls go

Swept under the rug by mu. Never looked at once solid 8/10. It's +- by BT. Better than Narcopop.

Bingthony Bongtano needs to go

just flicking through that king gizz album you recced, instantly it's more enjoyable, i will give it a full listen soon. that's really surprising actually because flying microtonal banana was completely not my thing, and I only gave it a chance because i love microtonal music.

as for mac demarco, it was a toss up between a 7 or an 8, but the album is easily my favourite of his. even though a few mac-cliches appear throughout it, i think he made great choices on the guitar tones, the synths, percussion, and just the instrumentation in general. lyrics aren't that much of an important factor to me, but i think the songs were written well. overall i feel it's just a well put together album, not much i can really fault on it.

How's this even a viable joke when I have What Passes For Survival in there?

ok good cause my main thing was with lyricism on that, mostly everything was fine otherwise. glad you could enjoy the other kg album!

>Beck's Colors
>7
>mfw

you didn't like the lyricism on old dog? was it in the themes or what sort of aspect bothered you? as i said i'm not really much of a lyric person but i'd love to hear the criticisms from someone who is more lyrically-oriented

one another was another one, dreams from yesterday just felt boring in the whole with the beat and spacing-------between-------words-------and-----verses, one more love song was my favorite in terms of his voice but it felt like a forced love song that just got tacked on to the album for more minutes, and watching him fade away was ok but seemed like it was pushing the "bad-dad" album concept way to hard. these are just my onions so don't cry

btw im also influenced from being upset at his most recent concerts so salt may apply

youtube.com/watch?v=_5Ikl4y3dW0

i listened to colors before seeing any reviews (and i wasn't active on any music boards at the time), so i didn't have any reference as to what people thought of it, i was a bit surprised to see such a mediocre, if not negative reception. to me it seemed like a short but decently put together, well produced pop album. i liked a lot of the production choices, the clean percussion, synths, were all to my liking. yeah there were a few duds (looking at you Wow), but tracks like colors with the flute (or whatever it is) melody throughout, seventh heaven with the sparkly synths and wavy guitar, they just all have elements that really appeal to me.

yeah that makes sense. the most recent release of his that i've heard (apart from old dog), is salad days back in 2014, he's not really an artist i'm that familiar with, so this album to me didn't have much outside context.

Needle Paw
Nai Palm

Demo by Plush, definitely

listen to Drop Top Wop by Gucci Mane. Best rap release of the year.

this too