Make parody of Independence Day

>Make parody of Independence Day
>Independence Day is already a parody
Lmao wtf was Burton thinking?

uh, learn your source material man

>he dosent know that Mars Attacks is a dig on muslims

What the fuck was his problem?

Why did they say they come on peace and the sperg out over the dove? And then when they were told the dove was a mistake they kept sperging? Like clearly the dove freaked him out based on his facial reaction. Maybe they were only pretending to come in peace but the movie goes out of its way to contradict that.

Also the aliens remind me of Muslims. All the apologists who say they're actually coming in peace only realise their mistake during and after getting literally blown the fuck out.

It's a parody of Earth vs The Flying Saucers, dude.

The cards have nothing to do with the movie. The cards aren't a parody of anything

He literally used identical character archetypes, settings, specific scenarios, even made casting decisions based on how similar they looked to their alternatives in ID4.

I remember crying after seeing this as a kid. It is honestly the scariest thing ive ever seen. Like I've seen plenty of shit since then, quarantine or whatever, but it was only mildly shocking compared to that movie. If you got through it as a kid you deserve a fucking medal man.

Dude when the alien's hand comes off and murders the president was the most horrifying thing in my childhood, aside from when my sister was hit by a train.

Scariest part to me was the woman's head on the dog. It's funny now but the image really screwed with me as a kid

damn didnt know everyone thought the same thing.

For me the fucking terrifying part was thinking that aliens would come down and straight up murder everyone. I was so fucking scared of an alien invasion after watching this. Just watching them kill everbody and their bodies becoming charred skeletons scared me. I dont even remember how I watched it because my parents were sort of strict.

it came out the same fucking summer, idiot. they even had to change the ending because it was the same damn thing as id4

>What is studio espionage
Le kek jej
And it's just a coincidence that Antz and A Bugs Life are so similar

>What the fuck was his problem?
he was to smart for peace

>Lmao wtf was Burton thinking?
about money?

[sp]ACK[/sp]

even the toys for both movies came with similar style floppy disk games for computer.

the studio probably wanted the parody, he just did it

is this a good flick?

It wasn't a parody of Independence Day. ID and Mars Attacks are twin films, which is two films released a few months apart that are coincidentally similar. There's no way Mars Attacks could have parodied it.

>>Make parody of Independence Day
It's a parody of 50s alien invasion flicks, you fucking retard.

ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK!

I have the memory that in their culture, releasing a bird is a declaration of war or something.
Of course there's no excuse on why he still sperged out after explaining it, they just needed an excuse to give us hostile aliens

The translation didn't work properly or, and this is the more likely scenario, they were lying.

Because the Martians are dicks.

Yeah fa.m