What was his end game?

What was his end game?

>Complains of feeding and caring for Harry Potter
>Wants Harry to sit in his room and pretend he doesn't exist
>Locks and Bars windows on Harry's room
>Tries to prevent Harry from escaping, although it's obvious he doesn't like having him in the house and doesn't like looking after him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mCTDB6UScHs
youtube.com/watch?v=5OOaPcKTSAo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He wanted harry to look and behave like a normal child.

Reminder that Harry was a horcrux and being around horcruxes makes you shitty and mean

They state that his aunt thought her sister was a freak and didn't want her around - long before Harry was born. Her angle was more jealousy though.

The fucking madman

His endgame was that J.K. Rowling wanted a bad guy to do bad guy things so the children reading her book would know he's a bad guy.

To add to it I guess, my father has severe OCD and growing up with him wasn't too far from this on occasions.
Anything different from what he thought was normal was immediately and heavily discouraged.

I suspect, if anything, it was an attempt at getting the kid kill himself so they wouldn't have to be subjected to being in one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>inb4 pasta

Too late buddy

Why did this utter shit get movies instantly when masterworks like Abercrombie's The First Law and Piers Anthony's Xanth have NEVER gotten adaptations?

Any site I can watch teh first film on? Putlocker et al don't work on my PC

When was that established?
Ron and Hermione weren't shitty and mean.

I always thought he was forced by Dumbledore and friends to take care of Harry, if he wasn´t he would´ve gotten rid of Harry a long time ago.
At the same time I think the reason why he didn´t want Harry to go to Hogwarts is because the more Harry knew about wizardry, the less power Vernon would have over him when he returned.

The pic is bait but you're right

sounds like he tried to get elected to president of the united states

So Vernon wanted to have the higher ground?

The post was bait, too, bubby boy. It's a pasta.

And stale at that

XD simply EPIC my good man! More posts like this ripping the everloving SHIT out of that dumbass Drumpf please!

you won, i don't understand why you trump supporters are still so easily triggered?

Fuck off libtard cuck

the end game wasn't important because Rowling is a hack writer that was trying to put food in her mouth without needing to put a dick in first

Is that the dude from withnail and I?

quentin will never be stale

He was a faggot and im glad we got him thrown in jail.

That is because Harry had sex with them every week and if you have sex with a Horcrux it reverses the effects.

No it isn't the films are great.

Why did they cut out all the stuff about Riddle's parents?

Why did they cut out all the stuff about Neville actually being the chosen one and the stuff with his parents?

Why the fuck didn't Dumbledore or other wizards force them to not be such utter shits to Harry? Hell, they could have just bribed him to treat him better.

Do the movies even state that Riddle is a half-blood? I thought it was kind of a big deal to establish him as a hypocrite

>tfw when you first read the books and got to the snape reveal

For the bennies, obviously.

>tfw it made no sense

man, what was jk rowling thinking about when she put that part in the book, i was fucking 12

RIP

Are you serious?

youtube.com/watch?v=mCTDB6UScHs
>Besides, I'm just a waste of space. Isn't that right Vernon?
>Vernon acting disappointed
What did he mean by this?

I really admire your dedication to personalize this every thread

this is a cool scene, why the fuck they cut it

because then they wouldn't be bad guy assholes

because they cut a lot the original print for deathly hallows was 5.5 hours

A child and an American's mind can only hold so much depth

I really don't see the problem with that length, considering that they cut the movie in two.

Fucking Sergio Leone movies are like 4 hours+ just for one movie

>when I'm a drooling wheelchair bound old fart I'll be reading children's books
really made me think

123movies
Don't tell anyone.

Dudleys actor actually lost a ton of weight and no longer looked like Dudley. They had to put him in a deflated fat suit to try and get it looking right and it still ended up looking bad.

You can actually hear the suit when he reaches out to shake Harry's hand because they haven't fully soundmixed this (same reason you can hear the airplanes).

That was part of the reason that made it easier to cut.

>(You)

I've always wanted a reason to post this.

They originally didnt split after dobbys death. They made part 1 better by ending with dobbys death as a climax, it fits the fim very well

Yes they were did you literally even watch the last two films you stupid fuck it was an entire plot point revolving them switching the horcrux between them and Ron going mad

>letting slip the health in your family is so bad everyones senile at 80 so you think thats normal

Literally only happens for 40-50 min of one movie but yes, Ron was the only one who got pissy with it, well Harry did too.

Fine day, Sunday!

This. He's actually far worse in the books than the movie.

There are a couple of redeeming qualities about him, but he's very clearly designed to be all negative with no moral ambiguity about it - until his absolute last scene.

>see ya, Big D
what did he mean by this?

Well Petunia and Dumbledore had an agreement to care for him to protect him from voldemort. In 5 I think Vernon was going to kick him out of the house, and Dumbledore sent Petunia a Howler reminding her of their agreement, and she forced Vernon to change his mind.

Vernon was clearly a bitter fool who wanted nothing to do with Harry, because he was racist against wizards or some shit.

Aside from Dumbledore's agreement, I think Petunia felt obligated to take Harry in, considering it was her sister's son, whom she clearly still cared for and missed deeply. I think her spite for Harry comes from her blaming Lily's death on Harry.

BB(ritish)C

Its also not a very earned ending to Dudleys part in the story, him and his parents are basically nasty pieces of human filth up until they are removed from the story in DH.
It really makes no sense to suddenly have Dudley give a shit about Harry and for Vernon to react that way to Harry calling him on his shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=5OOaPcKTSAo
Watch on x0.5 speed

If I remember what the books said, Dudley felt like while his family was being arranged a safe hiding space, that somehow Harry wasn't being protected too, so he was unsure why Harry wasn't coming with them.

Harry saved his life at the beginning of 5, so since that moment they felt closer.

I guess he forgot about that time Harry attempted to murder him with a snake, all water under the bridge

He was an uneducated man taking advantage of a schizophrenic boy

>boooooooooooooooy

I love these

You now remember how sexy Petunia was in Order of the Phoenix.

>fed, clothed and housed his nephew by marriage for years
>kept him safe, knew an orphanage would just be a gateway to homelessness and drug abuse
>didn't really see him as a son but hoped that maybe if he saw his cousin being spoiled it would give him ambition
>he hoped that maybe the boy would study hard and be able to make himself a career, so he never need be homeless
>suddenly the wizards that got your sister in law and her husband killed want the boy
>rightfully refuse, who knows what dangers would befall the boy at a fucking super power college
>the boy still manages to go, wasting years he could have spent studying real world skills
>every year he almost gets killed by just the person he was trying to protect him from
He LITERALLY did nothing wrong.

is it more than one person posting this pasta? i cant imagine one guy being awake 24/7 in case a harry potter thread springs up at night

are people cooperating on this shit or is it just whoever happens to find his way into the thread first? and what the hell is the endgame of having that pasta in every thread? i need some fucking answers i have read too many replies about Ayn Rand and the Great Gatsby to bear this shit for a second longer

>Great Gatsby in God-Tier
>Lotr in shit tier

so this is how you spot bait

>i cant imagine one guy being awake 24/7 in case a harry potter thread springs up at night
he's got nothing on Barneyfag.

it's the same person

some faggot called Heaven I believe

you sweet summer child

>Rita Skeeter will never transfigure you into a dildo and pleasure herself with you ;-;

>GG will never stick her wand down your urethra and stir your balls from within

Why are Slytherins so lewd?

do all bongs have stupid ass names like this or is it just rowling """"""""""writing""""""""""?

>snw pre-chew your food and then spit it into your mouth

>do all bongs have stupid ass names like this or is it just rowling """"""""""writing""""""""""?
Genevieve Gaunt is her real name, her character is named pansy parkinson

but that's a child

so bongs do have retarded names after all

I guess it doesn't matter, soon they'll all be named mohammed anyway

lol this hp wiki is funny

LOL ecksdee

>muh infallible fantasy shit
LOTR is bottom of the barrel pleb trash. Both the books and the movies.

i kno rite

The American president is called Donald Trump, trump is another word for a fart.

How much sex people have in hogwarts?

Being a badly written character

Rowling's canon is very detailed

maybe centuries of inbreeding led you bongs to believe the garbage you speak is actually english

woa this has 2b real

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, aren't this books for children?!

He was supposed to be way more cruel and cold but his actor wouldn't play ball and he wound up just coming off as a relatively normal strict figure figure (albeit still really dickish to harry), so he ended up coming off as somewhat caring and sympathetic when he isn't supposed to at all.

JK Rowling is kind of a nutbar on twitter whenever people ask her about Harry Potter canon.