Actually looks pretty good

Fuck...

at least the iconic water fight scene in live action might be good....maybe

Ok im legitimaly hyped

and finally Batou have round eyes

that Batou looks awful

I think it's gonna be alright

everything about it looks awful

Except that's the worst part. The best remakes are very different from the original. I want a different film with the same core ideas, not a live action copy.

Aesthetically it looks nice

>mfw pg13

Who's playing Kuze?

But it's clearly something different, with parts of the original. There's a focus more on the Major's past rather than her just fighting terrorists

Also here's the opening with original music twitter.com/osteoferocious/status/797737538387472384

This is such a dumb and childish picture. God, I hate anime fans.

the next aeon flux/total recall/robocop

Could have done better designing the cyber eyes really.

That's good, but the fight in water looks very similar to the original.

baka desu senpai-kunsama, nani ??

Holy fuck they might actually be doing the Spider Tank scene

>spergs complain when it is nothing like the source
>spergs complain that it is an exact copy

Can't please the spergs.

>Starting with Kuze first and not Laughing Man
This is a very big mistake on their part, they only went with Kuze because of MUH 2016 REFUGEE CRISIS parallels

looks great actually, if you disagree you are a weeb faggot

also
>Juliette Binoche
nice

Which is what I want, you want different. It's not gonna win us both

Looks like she'll wear the Arise costume too.

I'm not one of these. I hate lazy remakes.

This movie will probably be fuckin awful and stupid but I love Depeche Mode and Juliette Binoche so I'm alright with this trailer.

She looks like a Doonesbury character.

and this is propably the one redeeming thing in this pile of poo

I dont think that really looks like Ghost in the Shell.
Iam also now 100% convinced that this scene will not be in the movie:
youtube.com/watch?v=wYVbQ-GQTxQ
I will not watch it, that is for sure.

The CGI looks like shit

could be worse

The shot for shot redoing of scenes from the movies is fucking terrible. As expected Scarjo doesn't have the authoritative personality of Motoko's cold outer shell, and the whole redoing of Motoko's backstory to match it is cringy (I'm not like those other girls, i'll find out who i was). Man even Batou looks stupid

I'm hoping at least for it to be interesting to look at, GITS hasn't really been interesting since Arise so I'm not that opposed to new things, just not gonna have high expectations for this

That scene only really works in the anime though, CGI just won't capture the same essence that scene did.

lel

ScarJo looks pretty good tbf, but Batou looks like shit

>The shot for shot redoing of scenes from the movies is fucking terrible.
It's the Hollywood way. GitS would be better in the hands of some auteur director.

This

CGI is going to have a really hard time capturing the feel of the anime without absolute god tier sound design and cinematography, which it doesn't appear we will be getting

It looks mixed to me.

Some of the shots and direction were amazing and were reminiscent of the 1995 adaptation.

But then there's these god awful video game slow-mo stuff, ugh, just awful and cheesy.

Also, what the fuck is the story even about?
Is it an adaptation of the Hideo Kuze arc?
Laughing Man arc?

I don't even get wtf the story is even gonna be based on the trailer, seems like they're just throwing in a bunch of lame action scenes and pseudo-intellectual shit into a blender and seeing if it works.

>Directed by Rupert Sanders (Snow White & The Huntsman)

>Written by Jonathan Herman (Straight Outta Compton) & Jamie Moss (Street Kings)

>Produced by ((((((Avi Arad)))))) (Ghost Rider, The Punisher)

HAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A SPECTACULAR FUCKING FAILURE THIS WILL BE

Close the fucking thread, show's over, folks!

dont fukk wit gits yo

Jesus Christ they dumbed down the themes. They think Hollywood actors, directors, writers and special effects can improve what is already perfect?

Looks like pic related. Just another cash in that looks meh.

Jimmy Darmody, apparently. I wonder if he slimmed down for the role.

Of course the trailer was set to a melancholy cover of an 80s song. Of course it was.

That at least had Biel and Beckinsale

>There are countless ingredients that make up the human body and mind, like all the components that make up me as an individual with my own personality. Sure I have a face and voice to distinguish myself from others, but my thoughts and memories are unique only to me, and I carry a sense of my own destiny. Each of those things are just a small part of it. I collect information to use in my own way. All of that blends to create a mixture that forms me and gives rise to my conscience. I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries.

Actually not bad.

Based Takeshi at it again

hope he's in for at least 30 mins

some blade runner vibe at the beginning, maybe aeon flux too, but idk kinda good

Goddamn this film is fucking kino gotta rewatch it

fuck scarlett johanssonnn

>Weird skin suit
>not just nude

don't take that bait

CGI looks amateurish, Scarjo looks hot in this suit tho

I went to school near this place

looks pretty dope. i usually hate the slow ambient pop song cover but Enjoy the Silence actually worked here. also based Mike Pitt at the end

Wouldn't even exit in that situation, this is only occurring because of the potential for that sweet Hollywood money

Kenji Kawai is actually irreplaceable, I've written about the direction he took the first movie's soundtrack before (the traditional Japanese singing mixed with spacious, lonely synth work is fucking amazing, and even the quiet tracks are unforgettable)

The plot looks spectacularly retarded, but like I said and everyone knows, this isn't supposed to improve on anything it's supposed to turn a profit

Does this mean it will be kino?

>jews and africoons in japan

What is this bullshit also I thought this was supposed to take place in the US

Major's not nude in the anime either, just wearing a very transparent skin suit

what a waste of space

The CGI looks better than the CGI in any MCU movie.

An alarmingly-high percentage of those who watch anime, have been deprived of the knowledge necessary to interact successfully with other human beings. Anime is nothing more than cartoons with featureless expressions, expressions that the audience often mimic and attempt to pass off as "socializing". More often than not, this is met with derision and scorn, as it should be.

Those who watch anime have not matured. They are stuck in eternal limbo between childhood and pubescence, completely unable to respond appropriately to others in the outside world. I suppose as long as they're contributing to society in some manner, shape or form by working a computer job from home instead of polluting outside with their awkward ugliness and foul scent, then I have no major issue with them.

>tl;dr: watch all the anime you want, manchild, but don't bring your stink anywhere near me

Hi this is Scarjo, and I'm so happy to have been given the opportunity to play an icon and totally fuck up the role. Hope you all enjoy this formulatic shit fest with very expensive CGI that's supposed to appeal to the masses, but nobody will see it only the audience that knows the material, whom we didn't give two shits about to begin with.

Shit youre right

I always remembered her just being naked but not having any sexually identifying features

I expected it to look way worse. Grey suit looks stupid and cheap, but I'll definitely watch this.

Looks to be taking a very action-centric route. Although that could just be the marketing to appeal to normies

I like the aesthetics and looks like they are keeping quite a few scenes from the original movie.
As long as they dont tone down the philosophical aspects then it could be pretty good.

Apologize

probably mixed it up with how they draw her body in the opening assembly sequence

reminder that motoko is literally a (born) man in a female cyborg body

yes

The setting is a bit of a weird thing in GITS. It's obviously inspired by Hong Kong which is admitted by people involved in it, but it most definitely takes place in future Japan. Of course Hollywood's vision of future Japan is full of racially ambiguous westerners and probably very few Japanese. Hell, maybe they'll just move the setting to a different country at this point, only the weeb faggots like me will complain.

This

Which is a shame, considering the anime actually grapples with extremely interesting and fairly complex near future (half of which are now current) problems with technologic progress in a way that isnt ham fisted and obnoxious like the black mirror or something similar

I apologize. I'm rather excited to see it now.

whaaaaaaaat?

>it wont have any of the music or atmosphere of the original

>itll have pop music and nonstop action

who /togusa/ here

wtf lol?

Fucking hell, no it doesn't.
Shit taste, looks like fucking shit tier white wash US cineshit.

>Scarjo doesn't have the authoritative personality of Motoko's cold outer shell

glad I'm not the only one picking up on this. The snip of her saying "maybe you should have made me better" had me lose any hope of her pulling this off.

I told you the batou didn't have cybereyes becasue they will show how he got them.

Even if it's not canonical.

Im actually going to pay a ticket and watch this in a movie theater

My man

>Also, what the fuck is the story even about?

looks like a direct remake of the original film

Trailer music is rarely put into the movie though, hollywood always uses pop in trailers.

wow a hollywood movie takes an interesting/complex idea and turns it into an action movie with minor sci-fi elements?

S H O C K E D

Nope

I'm so fucking starved for a cyberpunk fix that I'm actually looking forward to this.

and I'm rooting for it to be a success because I desperately want more films with that kind of neon-drenched aesthetic.

Trailer was fucking great deesu.

Looks fun guys. I'm glad these types of movies get major releases.

Me, looking forward to see the immaculately written straight man turn into a jiggaboo comic relief nigga or something just as bad

That line was hilariously fucking terrible, the rewrite of Motoko is as generic as you get down to the "Everybody's lying to you and using you!!!" garbage that we get in every action movie nowadays

twitter.com/osteoferocious/status/797737538387472384

Opinion on the new shelling sequence?

Aramaki, Kuze, Togusa are all listed in the credits and they weren't in Ghost in the Shell(1995).

>white wash

neck yourself

but michael pitt was cast as the laughing man

dear god ... no ... NO!

It's good, all I wanted it to be

They're using the refugees plot from GitS SAC 2