youtube.com/watch?v=wUtG93BebJ4

Looks like crap. What do we think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q0z08OpmEPc
twitter.com/osteoferocious/status/797737538387472384
youtube.com/watch?v=aYmrIvIgt3g
vmashup.com/7sWJ6aRC
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's going to be bad. They are setting it up for sequels with this "who am I - they stole my life away" narrative. Ignore it and move on.

'WE' would use the fucking catalog, you mong. Cunts like you think there's only one page to this board.

Looks pretty good tbqh
The music is trash though

>>>

>music doesn't fit the movie at all
>major doesn't feel like major at all
>doesn't feel like GiTS at all
>not the 95 movie story but it takes scenes from it for no reason "muh fans"
>scarlett "plank of wood" johanson can't even play a robot properly

The dialogue is fucking awful
they should have used different music

Stop being such contrarians and admit that it looks good already.

looks like it could be a decent action movie nothing more than that

>They are setting it up for sequels with this "who am I - they stole my life away" narrative
or you know, that's the plot of the film.

ThisAnd Ghost in the Shell is supposed to be more than that.

Is there a word for when you can't see past the actor because the role just seems so typical of them. It just feels like Scarlett Johanson in slightly different makeup doing what she does in every other movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=q0z08OpmEPc

Why didn't they use this though on a real

She does not look enough like a cyborg. The films had many scenes where she was still, didn't blink, and the animation had here appear artificial.

I just see a person running around. They should have used cgi to stiffen her up like WW or Humans.

That rendition of Enjoy the Silence was pretty shit. I feel like a lot of trailers use well known songs and slow it down so the hook lasts for half the trailer

>all these butthurt weeaboos

glorious

> I feel like a lot of trailers use well known songs and slow it down so the hook lasts for half the trailer

It's the latest trend, I've seen people complaining about it for months.

The parody of it in the GOTG2 trailer was pretty good at least.

Trailer things
it's in the movie though
twitter.com/osteoferocious/status/797737538387472384

Think I'll watch it in the theater.

Some shots looks good, the other look like crap

The CGI is good. For a PS2 game

The worse thing here is the script. The lines are awful. "Everything they told you is lie", really? 2016 m8, at least try something. "Your moma never was fat", now, that's shocking

>no Walker/Rollers

shit

FUARKKKKKKKk
My nostalgia just hngged

You mean these cute guys, the tachikoma.

Yeah they would never work in a hollywood film, they would gut their whole plot

I felt like rewatching the original movies anyway since this is gonna fuck up the story

it was doomed the moment they cast scarjo

even some random no name actress would have been better

Looks nice, but the music is shit. Original GITS had an extremely nice music. This trailer has some shitty pop song, ew. They could have borrowed ideas from Deus Ex game too, but they failed doing so. No cyberpunkish feeling from this music is coming, fail.

However the most important thing is the plot and the meaning. Whether it will be a nice film on cyborgs, their philosophy, on politics, identity, media manipulation and so on, or it will be a shitty shooter with tits highly depends on plot and whole story.

Whether it will be a good or a bad movie, it's definitely going to push some boundaries.

i'd rather watch the first movie again desu

the CG feels lifeless

youtube.com/watch?v=aYmrIvIgt3g

To sum up from last thread:
>Scarjo isn't authoritative, assured of herself
>Motoko rewritten as a special snowflake
>Recycling shots (could be good or bad, looks bad though)
>Using the Kuze/refugee plot from second season of SAC probably without any nuance
>Themes dumbed down, idiotically so, probably very little if any transhumanism (see image related)
>"I'LL FIND OUT WHO I WAS"
>"EVERYTHING THEY TOLD YOU WAS A LIE"
>batou looks fucking stupid

No thanks

first movie mind

I'm done

Actually doesn't look that bad, except for the appalling CG they've used for the Major's body. Her skin in the anime movie was indistinguishable from a humans, just without genetalia or coloration on the nipples.

As it is, she looks like she's wearing a techno-themed onesie.

Maybe it'll look better on the full screen, I dunno.

Always find it funny when Manga fags prefer the Anime/Reworked movies because it follows the Manga more closely

Will she have any nude scene?

>inb4 pg-13 trash

It's a shame that it's not subtitled Japanese, but then again, I suppose nobody would go see it if it were.

Is it meant to be set in some kind of Japanese/American hybrid fantasy world in order to explain why they're all speaking English in a Japanese setting?

I never asked for this.

It looks shallow and basic as fuck with just enough recycled recognisable elements from the anime to fool shallow nerds into seeing it.

What does that screen shot even mean. In the GITS universe anyone in japan could get a full body prosthetic. Not military grade but still. That shit was as common as cell phones.

>jacks complete lack of surprise

It looks like it could be pretty good.

The only people who will bitch at that trailer are the full neet weeaboo pathetic anime virgins.

NOT MUH ANIME.

That trailer was 90% more respectful to the source material than I was expecting.

>Born just in time to explore animekino

because it was all setpieces taken straight from the original movie and SAC

SHE WASNT NAKED
She wore a skin colored spandex suit. You can see the collar. When she hulks out she fills the suit, when her arms tear off you can see the suit go first.

Why is this all anyone cares about anyway. Is that all you people took away from Gits?

>hong kong
>japanese setting
dumb weeb

GiTS was never set in japan

feels good

Superficially. Yes. The actual story and dialogue is as generic and safe as they come. Its robocop with a side of underworld.

Shes wearing the camo suit you dumb fuck. That wasnt her skin.

>>Scarjo isn't authoritative, assured of herself
Major is not like that too. Watch her 1995 again, she is like
- What am I?
- Do I have a ghost?
- Have you seen your own brain?
- What if cyberbody can generate it's own ghost?
- Am I dead?
- Is my ghost really mine?
And so on.

Looks like they're mostly adapting from the TV series which doesn't have the Major doing the naked thermoptic camo thing.

>scarlett "plank of wood" johanson can't even play a robot properly
I knew she was a bad choice.

just fuck off pathetic cum slurper. you know what he meant.

>judging a ~2 hour movie's themes, dialogue, and script all from a trailer

You retards are hilarious!

Fucking hell. I want the soulless eyes of a doll. Not human eyes that blink.

It's referring to the fact that Motoko was one of the first full-body prosthetics and is technically owned by the government, but is a completely different tangent to the series that isn't really fucking relevant. They're going to focus on it and ruin it

It's "respectful" to the source material because they are just lifting shots

The GITS setting in the 2 movies + SAC is inspired by Hong Kong, but is undeniably Japan.

She is internally doubtful of herself and her existence as a being, but is outwardly competent and unshakeable. The outer veneer (shell haha !) of competence is very important to her character because of that contrast.

>Its robocop with a side of underworld.

Like thats supposed to be a bad thing?

Im laughing at weebs who thing GITS is some deep work of art

Still looks pretty stupid seeing them all talking in English to one another.

I just hate Scarlett's "I'm acting in an action movie" face

The soundtrack better be good because it made he movie in 1995

Yeah same with Lord of the Rings and Star Wars right?

I can't decide if it looks good or bad

>robotic cop is a big busted woman in thigh highs and nude/leotard
>weebs will deny this as fan service
>weebs will whine if this isn't in the movie

Not too bad

It looks ok imo

I'm confused, is this about the Puppet Master?
I thought it was going to be about the villain from SAC.

it looks great.

>Im laughing at weebs who thing GITS is some deep work of art

GITS isn't deep but it covers some nice topics and is very well executed. Then again I loved Innocence and they spend half that movie quoting philosophy at you.

Besides I respect the artistry that went into the first film. All that hand drawn work looks amazing.

The CGI does not look cyberpunk at all. no blade runner feel. To clean and sterile. It should be dirty and rundown.

High tech in a low setting

Looks like my kind of shit tbqh, sure weebs will get mad about her hair not being the right shade of purple or whatever though.

IT looks terrible. Look at her fuvcking legs bruh, look at the water. Fuck CG man

Why did she get them reduced, bros?

"back pain"

>Everything should be Blade Runner

Please shut up.

The only issue is her face.

it looks good and bad at the same time

They are going with the Kuze (sp?) plot from the tv series with a generic who am i plot.

That crap Depeche Mode cover had better not make it anywhere near the final cut of the film. Total travesty.

Some of the scenes lifted from the anime are interesting, many of them feel uninspired. Verdict still out on that. The part where she pops out of thermoptics to beat the hackers ass I wanted to laugh - 90s music video CGI tier.

I really dig the eerie geisha doll robot. If the movie can pull off that unsettled atmospheric expectation consistently, Ill be happy. But it doesnt look promising quite frankly.

ScarJo is badly miscast. Where is the toughness? Where is the attitude? She seems like an insecure teenager.

I don't think that was a parody. I think they were just doing it in the GotG2 trailer because it's exactly what they did in the GotG1 trailer.

You do realize shit like GITS, Bubblegum crisis, and a shit ton of other anime used that aesthetic.

Not everything should be blade runner but when the source material is based on that ideal it should be.

She was making out with a chick so they are at the very least taking stuff from the actual manga.

It looks like a cosplayer movie

People who complain about >muh nudity have zero idea about GITS is about

she's not even remotely intimidating.
major was true military and we here we have baby face scarlett.

that's how hollywood fucks with smaller movies, attaching big names for profits, not for artistic reasons.

fuck scarjew

At least they cgi'd her dumpy body out

why cant i see her nipples

did the original character have no nipples?

Made a mashup with the music they should have used.

vmashup.com/7sWJ6aRC

Bad.
Motoko was shown off nude in the 1995 film many times for a reason. We know her body is not a real human's body and should be wondering if thinking about it in a sexual nature is normal. Hell, we don't even know (at least in the movie) if sex is possible with her. The only evidence of her body being a fake for most of the movie is the entry ports on the back of her neck, but otherwise she is meant to appear as human.

This screenshot looks like it is the Major's "naked body," conveniently scrubbed of sexual identifiers and with cyberpunk robot lines everywhere just to REMIND you that this body has been ASSEMBLED!! Somebody put this together, don't forget, okay??

It's so blatant and I fucking hate it.

They went with the philosophical route of the Ghost in the Shell works, could be okay. I'm still dissapointed with this new GitS timeline, since it seems the Major is still a straight girl.

what the fuck, she has a fucking harem of cute lesbians.

>GITS is about nudity

I know, but frankly we could do with less. Especially in live-action, its pure cringe. save it for a more poignant moment, not just fanservice every 10 minutes to bring in pubescent boys

holy fuck.
this song played live is so much better.

and fuck you to the movie, for simply using orginal OST for this shit movie.

So can she fuck or what?

As someone who has never seen the anime, I think this looks like a cool movie and I'm definitely interested in seeing this.

If I had seen the anime first, would I be thinking this movie is the worst thing since cancer gave birth to AIDS?

what annoys me hard: In the new movie, why is EVERYTHING in slow motion? Die Anime had used slowmo very rarely but dub Hollywood blockbuster need it every 10 minutes..

What is terrifying is that music made it appear 100% better. Or it brought back enough nostalgia from the film to gloss over the obvious flaws

This thing, misses Scarlett's Major

>muh origin story
>muh past
>muh finding out who I really am

AND IT'S FUCKING DROPPED

But shes not fucking naked. Its a flesh toned skin tight suit like it always was. They just threw lines all over it so she didn't look like a ballerina.

Man, I wish I was a kid again. That suit is going to mind fuck young boys.

It probably won't be the worst thing ever, it probably will only be gits in name only and will be one of those movies that just come and then disappear quickly

underrated post