How does Sup Forums quit smoking?

How does Sup Forums quit smoking?

Attached: 28391893839291.jpg (508x337, 56K)

Well, every time I finish a cigarette I quit smoking for a short while, but in order to get most benefit of quitting I smoke as much as I can so I can quit smoking many times a day.

start dipping

Attached: 13503515-thunder-ultra-frosted--28snus-29-2ks-2.jpg (800x800, 154K)

dont smoke

bitch

Vape you faggot. Lookup nicotine salts.

I hang myself

chantix
it worked for me
but DO NOT get drunk.
I was ranting and raving in my underwear in the front yard. Chantix is a serious mind drug

Cold turkey. It sucks. But it does not suck as much as waking up with a scratchy throat and a wheeze in the morning.

>figure out how long your cravings last
>suck on a kernel of black pepper when you get a craving for that amount of time

I smoke in social situations so whenever I'm NOT with friends, I don't smoke

Don't know bout you guys but whenever I smoke with friends, I get that smokers high but alone, its just meh

You just stop. Realize you can not ever smoke again, not even a single drag. Then deal with a few days of physical withdrawal. And years or mental shit. It's a fucking addiction and its tough to beat. Just don't ever smoke again and be man enough to follow through.

Burn down every store that sells cigarettes within a hundred mile radius of you.

Hire someone to follow you around all day and kick you in the nuts when they catch you smoking.

Every time you smoke watch something that disgusts you and makes you sick to your stomach. Then eventually that's what you'll associate with smoking.

That's a good one

OD on your moms pills

get cancer

Start sucking dick instead

Changing your point of view about tobacco. Do you think that you feel better when you smoke than someone who never smoked? Provably when you started you had to force it because it wasn't pleasant since you weren't a nicotine addict.
You don't enjoy smoking, you are on nicotine abstinence syndrome. When you smoke that abstinence (anxiety) disappears and you just feel normal like a non-smoker (partially) so if you successfully quit you gonna feel much better (psychically and mentally) in some time and when you see the improvements an how good you feel you will have it easy... The hard part is gonna be the first days but it isn't that hard really, the abstinence it's totally mental so with a bit of willpower you will make it.

You try working on the issues that got you into smoking.
For me it was self hatred and suicidal tendencies. Obviously I still smoke.

Start smoking dank ganja instead.

I just stopped one day. No magic behind this, no psychological books or YouTube videos, no terminal decease, nothing. I just decided to stop and did it. There were some moments where I wanted to light up a cigarette, but haven't touched them for over a month at this point, so it was easier to say no.

Attached: 14478510_1049182291870359_894259933883662336_n.jpg (750x937, 65K)

Cold Turkey
The first 48 hours are very hard.
Make it past that and then it's day by day.
Make it to two weeks and it's week by week.
By this point, pride and a sense of accomplishment help keep you on track.
If you make it to two or three month, you may feel like you have finshed with it.
One drag and you back to square one

I quit many times. Once for six years.
My slip ups always happened with alcohol, with friends, in a bar.

I'm three years clean now. How? Also quit drinking. Feels fantastic.

Oh, and don't worry, weed and tobacco are not related in any way. Toking will not make you want to have a smoke. Beers, on the other hand, might.

Good luck. Read Alan Carr.

Oh, and don't be surprised if you slip up and try a few times before you actually quit.

write down the time that you have each smoke, then try to make that longer and longer

Get a Juul op, or salt nic liquid. I got one and now I don't even have the desire to smoke. Now I just have to figure out how to stop vaping.

Attached: IMG_6836.jpg (1280x960, 244K)

Sounds like you need a cigarette

OP here. Thanks these replies might actually work. Will man up and do it cold turkey.

Yeah, Chantix works OP. I took less than what it prescribes and it avoids some of the side effects like nightmares, pains.

After 15 years in the darts I gave up cold turkey last September and been off them ever since.

Pretty much this. Smoked 20 a day for about a decade, then just stopped. Financial reasons more than anything, but it turned out to be the easiest thing to do, for me at least. Sugar-free chewing gum helps. Haven't smoked in over 20 years now.

My wife quit with ease about six years ago after a single "quit smoking" hypnosis session. I don't put much faith in hypnosis cures but it definitely worked for my wife.

Was a smoker for 4 years. Decided to stop. So I stopped. That was 2 years ago. It's not fucking rocket science. You either have the will to let it go, or you're a little bitch.

this

Fix the underlying issues. Addictions always cover up something else

I had this idea too. Its called the smoking buddy. Everytime you light up he rapes your face

Wow, a whole month? You'll be smoking again before reaching 4 months.

i never had a problem with it. for some parts of my life i smoked, other parts i didn't. it was never an addiction for me. about 10 years ago my wife and i just said, "shit, this is costing to much" and just put them down together and haven't smoked again, except once a couple of years ago. drunk as fuck out raising hell at myrtle beach and started a riot in a gay bar just to fuck with some people, you know, fun times. i smoked one as part of my act just to piss someone off, then told a jew joke. damn that got the place rocking

You're either genetically predisposed to go absolutely apeshit, or it totally doesn't bother you at all.

Protip: when you're smart it helps against the schizofrenia, and gets more addictive the more schizo you are.

>You're either genetically predisposed to go absolutely apeshit, or it totally doesn't bother you at all.

Exactly.

Had a few friends quit by vaping but that took a long time.
I watched a coworker quit cold turkey and he was over it after a month.
really it's just up to you. If you fail going cold turkey try vaping or nic patches/gum. You just have to keep at it.

just mix tobacco with ur weed and over time add less of it, eventually it will be easy to stop.

Don't taint good christian weed like this. Plus when you don't have weed you will still be used to smoking something

i quit like 8 months ago. i gained weight and i still want to smoke. almost went to buy cigarettes last night. will it ever get better?

Sup Forums is an imageboard board, it does not smoke

if your asking how to quit smoking, i would have to suggest you stop doing it, when you dont smoke you have successfully quit smoking

Attached: 3jvo1uso.jpg (153x200, 8K)

cravings will get easier to deal with over time. It won't be easy. Finding something mindless to do with your hands helps a lot.

I don't mean this as a joke or insult but you might actually be autistic user.

Its a lot easier than people make it sound, just dont buy any more cigarettes, stop thinking about smoking them and then just simply stop smoking them.
Smart people use an even simpler method, they never even try smoking.

>nicotine enters anons brain
>acetylcholine
>??
"what do /b? why do i like cancers?"

i never started.
it's silly and unnecessary:

- tobacco lobby slave
- literally burn +2000 $$$ a year (taken you smoke one pack a day)
- cake your lungs with tar
- smell like an ashtray 24/7
- ruin your flat, electronics, cloths with the dust
- tasting foods and beverages is reduced
- generally prone to take in more salts due to that
- vast health problems associated with smoking
- addicted
- all by your own choice, of because you gave in to peer pressure as a stupid child
- constantly want praise from others for each failed attempt to quit
- fall back on it everytime

but hey, "congrats on trying to quit multiple times a year!"
smokers are the ultimate cucks.

To give up fags you must become a fag.

i just stopped smoking.

>be me
>be 15
>be stupid and think smoking is cool
>fast forward 12 years
>now I smoke almost 40 cigarettes a day
>my life revolves around my next smoke
>have smokers cough
>iwanttoquit.exe
>try everything
>patches, gum and everything in between
>nothing works. slowly giving up on quitting.
>buying stuff online, see a vape pen and get intrigued.
>try to figure it out but get contradictory info from everywhere
>whatthehell.gif
>order it along with highest concentration nic liquid (24 mg).
>fast forward 10 months. Present
>haven't smoked a cig since
>nic levels at lowest possible (2mg)
>now I even forget to vape for days.
>feelsgoodman.jpg

Over the 10 months I have realized that vaping is a legit way to quit. And that's why there is so much disinformation about it on popular media.

>inb4 faggot who cares

I am no 12 year old faggot trying look cool vaping. I am legit smoker fag who quit.

>pic related
My current setu

Attached: 20171230_205525.jpg (2176x2762, 1.97M)

>By never smoking in the first place.

Yesterday I was told what I thought was some type of seizure was an asthma attack, and that there was no way I could take any steps toward treatment if I continued to smoke. I did a series of breathing treatments, and was given pills to help with airway inflammation. I can tell you that the way that I feel after this is worth giving it up for me. I guess I didn’t know how bad it was, or what I was missing. 24 now, smoked every day since I was 18. I wanna breathe again.

Not preaching, to each their own. But I’m done. I have to be.

Attached: 870729EE-7AD6-41C0-ADB5-713CBD830D30.jpg (2048x1580, 560K)

What's weird is that I have had the worst time quitting smoking. But I've done damn near every other addictive drug and dropped them all cold turkey with no problem.

Cold turkey like a man soyboy.

Attached: images(4).jpg (400x536, 25K)

I woke up one day with a massive hangover after a night of serious drinking, plus food
poisoning. The first cigarette of the day started a chain reaction of vomiting and diarrhea that seriously made me wish to die.
Ever since that day I associate the smell and taste of cigarettes with vomit and feces.

I never realized smoking made me cool until after I smoked for years.

never saw the point of smoking nicotine,
weed I can understand

On /b that association is actually a turnon.

you must be one of the biggest retards that i ever encountered on this website, it's been already eight months you imbecile god damn

have you seen a doctor?

>tobacco lobby slave
I don't give a shit
>literally burn +2000 $$$ a year (taken you smoke one pack a day)
poor faggot detected, money I got and I can spend it on anything I want not even worrying about it
>cake your lungs with tar
who gives a shit
>smell like an ashtray 24/7
not if you actually shower and brush your teeth you dirty fuck
>tasting foods and beverages is reduced
not by much
>generally prone to take in more salts due to that
not if you don't eat like a fat fuck
>vast health problems associated with smoking
if you just sit around doing nothing else then yes
>all by your own choice, of because you gave in to peer pressure as a stupid child
because you can only start smoking when you are a child?
>constantly want praise from others for each failed attempt to quit
no really unless you are an atention seeking faggot like I guess you are
>fall back on it everytime
only if you are weak

stay weak loser

Attached: 1499027266691.gif (220x151, 323K)

people have told me that smoking suits me and looks good on me. I've never turned into a regular smoker and I only smoke occasionally and even then, only when I am drinking with friends.

your butthurt reply shows me that you are triggered. poor ashtray faggot!

A smoker's a smoker, when the chips are down.

Attached: SinCity_ackieBoy.jpg (622x350, 42K)

guaranteed you fucking stink all the time ashen one

Don't start to smoke. Every guy who starts to smoke have some type of low self-esteem and complex

I quit Tuesday. It was easy.

Not as bad as you, fatty.

Bought what I declared to be my last pack. Made it last 4-6 weeks. After the smokes were gone, I had already regularly gone a day or two without a smoke. The rest, I just fought little cravings every once in a while.

Just as a heads up, I MISSED the taste of smoking cigarettes for more than a year after quitting.

This man right here is in denial.

denial is being balls deep in boy butt and then claiming you are totally straight.

hence the autistic, delusional reply to each and every point made here lost sense of reality. add that to the list.

>Not as bad as you, fatty.
I bet you'd be out of breathe chasing any "fat fuck", tobacco cuck

denial is also being addicted to a poison for all your life and then demanding that its fine and not a problem at all.

Chantix 9 years no smoking

>denial is also being addicted to a poison for all your life and then demanding that its fine and not a problem at all.
yup. i drink coffee, for pleasure and because i like that taste. if my doctor said, i couldn't drink coffee, i could legit quit instantly. smokers can't quit.
both my brothers smoke. they both have told everyone around that multiple times "hey, i'm quitting! it's been an astounding one week that i last smoked!" - next time i saw him, he started vaping. next time i saw him he read an article that smoking in general is a health risk and he was scared shitless to die and leave his kids behind. what is he doing now? back on regular smokes. AND vaping.
smokers are fucking weak faggots. if you take pride in easily getting addicted, you are as much in denial as this little bitch

I agree. OP, Chantix is the answer. It takes away those withdrawal symptoms, that's all you really need to stop the physical addiction for a few weeks, then it's all mental/psychological.

15 year old confirmed. So fake and so gay.

I never started

>smokers are fucking weak faggots.
False. Nicotine is more addictive than heroin, especially for those who are genetically predisposition to nicotine addiction. It has nothing to do with willpower.

me neither. good for you, bro.

then explain to me why smokers are so proud of smoking.

thats all fine and good,
but most people don't apply the same standard to obesity.

Meth?

Just stopped smoking. Its fuckin simple. It only sucked for the first 2weeks

stop smoking

cannabis is most effective

Start eating tobacco, like forcing yourself to eat it for like 4 months.

It will become so disgusting to you that cigarettes will taste bad and you won't want to smoke anymore.

I quit cold turkey about two years ago. It sucked bad but im over it now. The one downside is I work in an environment where people are allowed to smoke and now that I no longer smoke i find the smell of it disgusting. Quitting smoking made my job a lot harder.

When stressed eat junk food until physical cravings pass then ease up on the sugar because that isn't as hard :))

>trading one addiction for another

i smoked like 4 packs a week.
one day i woke up and starting throwing up
then it started to get worse
everytime i inhale smoke or something with a strong odors i had to cough so hard that i always needed to throw up
cant even run
my lymph system is broken
i have smoked since i was 13 now 27
i cant smoke not because i choose to is because i cant

>Start eating tobacco
that's a good way to die, kid.

Cold Turkey.

No cessation, no substitute, no medication.

Drop it on a vacation and learn to change your daily habits.

Wake up, don't smoke.
Finish a meal, don't smoke.
Finish coffee, don't smoke.
Drive somewhere, don't smoke.
Etc.

I say vacation because you are in a place where you have no routine. Routine breaking is habit breaking. Leave the smokes at home or throw them out entirely. You take a week without your routine you can break it. That's how I did it.

I tried going cold turkey from alcohol,
found out after some tremors and seizures you're not suppose to do that with alcohol.
is nicotine similar?

It can but if you have already been smoking less the nicotine withdraw will be easier to deal with.

Plus, after 24 hours nicotine is out of your system. So take that into consideration.

I quit just recently, after 6 years of constant smoking. First time trying to quit, too. Took up light training the day I quit. The first 3 days are absolute hell, but after those it's pretty bearable. Working out adds to the suffering in the beginning but makes things a lot easier after you're through with the first week (especially when you start feeling how much easier it is to breathe). Basically, you just have to power through it. Sleep as much as possible, if you can. Having something to help you sleep for a couple of days could also be an option (I used ambien, but something lighter would definitely work too). Vaping low nicotine liquids to make things easier is also an option, but it doesn't completely eliminate the addiction. Don't restrict food intake the first couple of days, just eat or drink water whenever you want to smoke. Works for me so far.

>smoked for 14 years
>tried to stop a few times - miserable failure
>its an addiction, both physical and mental
>it kills X ppls every year, sells itself without the need for vicious commercial... really addictive
>its YOUR body, YOUR mind - you want to be better and feel better - you gotta change
>you have to fight the physical and the mental addiction at the same time
>heard a friend quit smoking after a week of WoW
>waited for WoW Legion launch
>invited him over for a week with his pc and we played as much as we can, no smoking - thats the rules...
>brute forced the physical and was already fighting the mental side
>Its so hard to move past the "nothing" moments without a cig
>Its like you're not there
>...but you are
>and you are shining
>also weed helps alot with the withdraw process (but don't abuse it)
I can understand the logic - "We have this much time, why not spend it smoking?"... But its like the YOLO, You Only Live Once - Then why be stupid about it???!?!
Life is the ultimate gift, and you can experience it anyway you want! Is that the way you really want to spend it? Or is it forced on you by individuals who care more about money and manipulation than the growth of society.

Attached: 1289444347166.gif (327x212, 2M)

allen carr maybe?